Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theitsybits

Love Nest @ Casa

I love the wood-grain tiles you choose!

We will also be using good old tiles for our flooring instead of laminating them.

Good luck on your reno and hope to see more progress soon! :)

We went to choose flooring today.

We should be using these tiles for the whole house for the illusion of bigger space and continuity. It has the most beautiful wood-grain and shade that I love.

7227410336_c1a70a2479_z.jpg

And the best thing about it? The price! Cheap and wallet-friendly.

Edited by baobeimamii

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Do you mind PM me the link where you both the downlights?

I intend to also get lights via taobao but so many links, not sure which is more reliable.

Will be using hoyoyo to bring the loots in; any comments on this shipper or can recommend the one that you use to bring yours in?

thanks!!

Day 9

Dropped by in the evening to drop some lights which I just collected. We bought our lights from taobao at unbelievably cheap prices..it's so cheap that I wouldn't mind changing it a few times..

7365449492_b2b9a40fb6_z.jpg

E27 down lights.

7365448528_726158d962_z.jpg

Track lights.

7369031970_d67d205980_z.jpg

Hi theitsybits!

The reno really is looking great! I am very impressed with what K is doing. Would you be able to PM me the costs that you have budgeted for and spend so far on the reno?

Thanks!

i really like his other projects too, that's why we got him.. =) PM-ed.

I love the wood-grain tiles you choose!

We will also be using good old tiles for our flooring instead of laminating them.

Good luck on your reno and hope to see more progress soon! :)

i love them too..i prefer flooring that feels solid..there's a chinese idiom that says feet has to step on solid ground.. :P

Do you mind PM me the link where you both the downlights?

I intend to also get lights via taobao but so many links, not sure which is more reliable.

Will be using hoyoyo to bring the loots in; any comments on this shipper or can recommend the one that you use to bring yours in?

thanks!!

i used 65daigou, so far no issue..i added the link below, but i don't really recommend that you buy down lights from taobao..not that the quality is no good, but the price difference is not great enough to be worth it..i got phillips downlight, with air shipping it came to about $10 each excluding the bulb which is about $8? The Phillips one we got from lightnings.com.sg was about $23 with bulb and warranty after discount..price difference about $5 each, which came to $50 isn't exactly substantial enough..

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=14503626133

Pendant lights are really worth it though, as shops here import from China too..I got a set of Tom Dixon lights for about S$100 all inclusive..shops here sell ONE for more than $100..I also got a big 'spinning' light for about $100 when it cost $220 here..track lights are also pretty worth it..

Hi there,

Saw your t-blog and was wondering if you would be so kind as to pm me your contractor's contact info as well as quotation (incl electrical).

Just bought a resale flat and am hoping to overhaul it with a European/contemporary theme (very close to Scandi).

How do you find the workmanship of K so far in terms of tiling and carpentry?

Cheers

Hi there,

Saw your t-blog and was wondering if you would be so kind as to pm me your contractor's contact info as well as quotation (incl electrical).

Just bought a resale flat and am hoping to overhaul it with a European/contemporary theme (very close to Scandi).

How do you find the workmanship of K so far in terms of tiling and carpentry?

Cheers

hello,

K will not be doing carpentry for me as MIL insisted that our relative do it instead. Tilling wise is pretty good, no complaints so far. Everything was done up in 4 weeks and he's very responsive, wadsapp progress almost daily.

His tilers should be good, you can drop by paloma and pinkwhale's t-blog. they did concrete with tiling kitchen and pinkwhale did a honeycomb mosaic vanity with sink..carpentry workmanship should be good too..

loving your reno!! the brick walls and the floor is just... so nice! excited to see more =D :sport-smiley-004:

thanks thanks! =) i'm lovin' it too and excited to see how it turns out.. :thumbs up:

7479596782_6db3a2d480_z.jpg

I love the curb!

7479600662_44933ce371_z.jpg

From common toilet to service yard.

7479605442_11524d7435_z.jpg

View from service yard.

Hi, I would like to ask.. Will you be installing window grilles at the service yard afterwards?

Hi theitsybits,

Glad i found this forum ! Just got my keys ! (think i am the last few)..

Now i know wat we are looking for is call scandi...hehe renov idiot here...

Do you mind to share your contractor contact via PM ? TIA :D

Going to search around ID & contractors!..

Hi theitsybits,

Glad i found this forum ! Just got my keys ! (think i am the last few)..

Now i know wat we are looking for is call scandi...hehe renov idiot here...

Do you mind to share your contractor contact via PM ? TIA :D

Going to search around ID & contractors!..

hello!

i guess mine isn't 100% scandi, and even scandinavian has the very white and more ikea-like style within it.. :D

Pm-ed. Good luck!

HI theitsybits

Couple questions:

1) Can I get the contractor contacts~? Thanks in advance!

2) When doing up the mosaic in the bathroom, do you hack away the original tiles? If yes to hacking is it expensive?

And would like to say that your Reno looks fabulous~!

HI theitsybits

Couple questions:

1) Can I get the contractor contacts~? Thanks in advance!

2) When doing up the mosaic in the bathroom, do you hack away the original tiles? If yes to hacking is it expensive?

And would like to say that your Reno looks fabulous~!

hello! thank you for the nice words.. :sport-smiley-004:

i did not hack away original tiles, it was overlaid as mine is a new flats and can't hack due to waterproofing..

pm-ed you contacts.. :D