Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theitsybits

Love Nest @ Casa

You know, my experience with bullies and loud screamers is that they NEVER touch people who cannot be bullied. Much harder to handle if it's your MIL tho. My sympathies.

trust me, i'm not someone who can be bullied.. :( but it's really tahan and give husband face, since i value our r/s more than her or other stuff..else i'm sure my voice will be louder and fiercer..but when start crying, say we never respect her..lose liao lor.. :help::dunno:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

trust me, i'm not someone who can be bullied.. :( but it's really tahan and give husband face, since i value our r/s more than her or other stuff..else i'm sure my voice will be louder and fiercer..but when start crying, say we never respect her..lose liao lor.. :help::dunno:

Aiyo. Drama type. Poor thing.

Hate emotional blackmail. Anyway all women what, i cant stand when i see women use that dirty trick. Afterall she cry we also can cry? It is still bullying, just different dirty tactic.

Again my sincere sympathies. Yep, it is still up to hubby. But men tend to take the easy route I feel.

haha.. then cry first.. cry now! :notti:

you dun wanna wait liao that means you will accept such quality?

tell hubby: you settle however you want, as long as the end product the house is perfect can liao :D

From what I've seen of your lamination work, I think it's about time the carpenter should retire :jawdrop: . I sensed reluctance, frustration and anger in the works. It's like the project is too much for him to take on.

On the bright side, the uneven edges can be rectified by "makeup artists". Maybe your ID would know of such carpenter and is willing to assist you on this after all works are done. Might cost you extra.

Height of shoe cabinets and Fengshui.

A neighbour came to visit my place and pointed out that it was very bad fengshui to have a full-height shoe-cabinet. To be specific, it's bad fenshui to place shoes above your head. I honestly had no clue, which got me to do some searches in regards to this. I'm not particularly very superstitious, but I suppose when it comes to Fengshui, it's better to avoid outright negative things for the home!

Did a quick search and realized that shoes represent bad energy!

In summary:

- Shoe cabinets should not be black or red.

- Shoes should preferably only be placed up to 1/3 of the house's height, and up to 2/3 of the house's height.

- Shoe cabinets should be closed, so that bad energy can be kept inside.

- Shoes should face head-in, otherwise bad energy will be directed at you whenever you open the cabinet door.

- Shoe cabinets should be on the left of your door and near the entrance as the right side is considered auspicious.

- Avoid placing the shoe cabinet outside the house as it blocks good energy from coming in.

- It's best to have 5 tiers for the shoe cabinet as it represents the five elements.

- Wooden rectangle shoe cabinets are suitable for everyone.

- Do not place a mirror facing a door, including shoe cabinets with reflective surfaces.

Some links:

http://pinkytoky.hubpages.com/hub/shoe-rack-and-its-effect-on-feng-shui

http://vj0516.blogspot.hk/

i don't look at fengshui but whatever you mentioned above is how my shoe cabinet is. so everything is ok for me then. hahaahha.....

From what I've seen of your lamination work, I think it's about time the carpenter should retire :jawdrop: . I sensed reluctance, frustration and anger in the works. It's like the project is too much for him to take on.

On the bright side, the uneven edges can be rectified by "makeup artists". Maybe your ID would know of such carpenter and is willing to assist you on this after all works are done. Might cost you extra.

yar, even when i'm there i can feel that he's frustrated and overworked..and it's not like his attitude is very bad, and you can feel he is trying but can't find that extra to do it nicely..

they told me will come down to touch-up the edges..but my laminate is textured..and the gap is still, well, exposed plywood even when color is added.. ;) not sure how that can be done though..

i don't look at fengshui but whatever you mentioned above is how my shoe cabinet is. so everything is ok for me then. hahaahha.....

haha i don't really look at it but when people mention, i start getting paranoid and will go read up to avoid the major no-no.. :P

Day 75

Electrical guys came to install lights and my haiku fan today! :sport-smiley-004:

and when i left home to get more T5 lights, the solid top guys came unexpectedly and was working on my solid tops when I went back..been asking when it will be installed, no update the whole week and suddenly they're here.. :rolleyes:

7802677688_a5e62fe115_z.jpg

It was nicely done, and my kitchen is almost complete..except that none of my drawers are functional, they either don't align or are falling off their brackets when you pull.. :bangwall:

and again, unexpectedly, the relative actually dropped by our place to look at the defects..say will get people to come down to touch-up the edges and rectify the drawers plus sand my plywood..my plywoods are so rough and has ugly grains unlike paloma's..hers was smooth to the touch while mine can cut your fingers.. :dunno:

7802680830_83976e3dbb_z.jpg

The corridor with blackboard painted bomb shelter door.

7802684334_ef2db39d25_z.jpg

MBR makeup corner.

7802688330_eb840e01a9_z.jpg

MBR down lights up.

7802692654_a2770f2650_z.jpg

MBR toilet and vanity up..

if i knew solid top guys were coming today, i would have arranged for plumber to come install everything too.. ;) really dislike such lack of communication or refusal to update anything..

Edited by theitsybits

Day 75 cont

7802697144_2d5811b115_z.jpg

Common toilet vanity and lights up.

7802703396_0e6f9e6cee_z.jpg

All my pretty taobao lights..

7802718982_1be2ac53cf_z.jpg

Track light and haiku fan up.

7802781128_8b83a61b2b_z.jpg

Study room and my favorite piece of carpentry, but sadly, the workmanship is also the worst.. :( i guess we shall see how they can touch it up since it'll really pain me to dismantle everything and dump it..

I left before they finished installing lights and the haiku fan..will be there again tomorrow to test out the lights..and arrange for plumber to come ASAP, then we are almost done..

almost there!! :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by theitsybits

Your kitchen cabinet looks nice and sleek it blends in well with the flooring

Looks like u can move in very soon

:yamseng:

Omg.. Pretty nice place spoilt by bad carpentry.. If its me, I insists on them changing to better carpenter if not take back money and find a carpenter yourself.. Its your house not mil house.. But ask your hubby to complain to mil dont do it yourself ;p.

I also have holes in my carpentry but at least the holes and chipped edges are inside not outside

i'll be away this weekend, but should be around next weekend..hopefully by then all carpentry/solid tops are up..u can drop by if you like.. :P

Thanks, but maybe not this weekend coz I have to point out all the problems to the contractor in charge and exchange my faulty lights ... :furious:

Your kitchen cabinet looks nice and sleek it blends in well with the flooring

Looks like u can move in very soon

:yamseng:

thanks! i guess white goes with everything.. :P

Omg.. Pretty nice place spoilt by bad carpentry.. If its me, I insists on them changing to better carpenter if not take back money and find a carpenter yourself.. Its your house not mil house.. But ask your hubby to complain to mil dont do it yourself ;p.

I also have holes in my carpentry but at least the holes and chipped edges are inside not outside

most of the holes are underside..not THAT obvious unless you look closely..just the the bookshelf edges are pretty obvious because they are at eye level.. :bangwall: let's see how they can touch up ;)

Thanks, but maybe not this weekend coz I have to point out all the problems to the contractor in charge and exchange my faulty lights ... :furious:

oh man, no problem, we are usually there every Sat.. jiayou!

Day 76

We are almost there!! :sport-smiley-004:

Lights and my hood/hob are all installed. We are only left with plumbing and rectifications for carpentry and touchups for painting..

7808770220_e29202ca0b_z.jpg

The entrance. We went up to see our lights in full glory tonight, after having steamboat at neighbor's place..

7808778206_6184e62510_z.jpg

Kitchen.

7808782122_26f6f77918_z.jpg

I do realize that one light bulb was the wrong color..

7808774026_1367a5b76c_z.jpg

Corridor.

7808785882_a306556aa5_z.jpg

Common toilet.