Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theitsybits

Love Nest @ Casa

Day 106 - Tuesday

MIL sent us an email, saying that we 'resort to tactics' as we got the sinks to be installed not knowing that our solid top was not granite..she also claimed that our tiler should have done the granite as granite is cut by the same cutter..this is despite the fact that she made us choose them because 'she wants the best for us'..yet when it's apparent that workmanship was so poor with such bad attitudes and delays, we were blamed for being fussy and unreasonable among many other things..i can't comprehend why..and this was my response:

(1) Right from the start, we wanted granite. We have included it in the contract, just so that things are clear and there will not be disputes as such later on. We have also communicated this through email, sms, face-to-face discussions and reconfirmed this with the carpenter, knowing that they were extremely prone to errors. We have done everything within our means to remind and reconfirm our requirements.

(2) I'm not sure where you get the information that tilers cut granite. Have you seen the cutter that tilers use? Have you seen how thick granite is? People choose granite because it's hard and scratch resistant. It is not possible to cut it using the tilers cutters. Which brings us back to the point that we only wanted one contractor to complete all works to avoid such issues. Anyone would agree that granite is part of carpentry and should be done by the carpenter side.

(3) As from point (1), everything was communicated right from the start. It's not reasonable to accuse us of ' resort to using tactics since we have made it very clear right from the start. If it was not possible, they should not have signed the contract and informed us during our discussions or communications. We did 'look out for one another' by relaying our requirements again and again throughout, by sending reminder emails and sms even though it should be something very straightforward.

(4) The only reason why we went ahead to fix taps and basins was because we did not know that it was solid top and not granite. We only suspected that ours was not granite when we visited our neighbor's house and realized that their black galaxy granite was so shiny with beautiful grains. It was then that we started getting neighbors and other contractors over to confirm that it was not granite before confronting Yuri and Uncle Simon.

(5) I do not know Binson personally, and neither would any of the other customers he liaises with. Anyone can appear to be jovial in front of their boss to protect his rice bowl. However, how does he handle his customers behind your backs is something which you do not get to experience first hand. Whatever it is, it is extremely rude to hang up on your customer and tell them rudely that 'If you want to talk to me, talk to me properly' and hang up yet again. I agree that things like this can happen, but customers are bound to be disgruntled when they wait for 3 different days and still nobody shows up. Backsplash was ready to be up a month ago. I had to get my parents to go down and wait to accommodate their time since I do not wish to drag

things any further. The least he could do was to apologize to a disgruntled customer instead of hanging up twice with such attitude and refusing to answer further calls nor confirm timing. Even the installer Ah Liang had the basic manners to apologize. It seems like such customer service is condoned and accepted. There is bound to be pressure especially when all their jobs are delayed and there are so many disgruntled customers. Does he do the same to other disgruntled customers when there are delays and issues? Is such a person suitable to be a project coordinator when things were not coordinated and he hangs up on customers instead of apologizing?

I agree and understand that everyone makes mistakes. However, the most important thing is to admit the mistake, accept the consequences, apologize and learn from them. We are not unreasonable people, yet it's really frustrating that we receive such treatment and getting the blame for the mistakes they have made. They initially admitted to the mistake and agreed to change it for us, but now you're saying that my contractor was supposed to do it?

I was asked if I thought that his company was **** and useless when we went down that day. My answer is simple - ask your customers and measure your own performance. How many customers are happy? How many jobs are completed on time? How many customers requirements were met? How many customers call to complain? If anyone refuse to see and admit the truth, nobody can make them.

It's pointless (and very disappointing) for us to continue insisting and trying prove what we wanted and end up having the tables turned and getting blamed for 'using tactics'. I will take it as a lesson learnt and move on, and I hope that we will not have to go to such situations again.

O.m.G.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Itsybits,

I am also eying the similar chairs from taobao, can you share with me more information on how much it cost + shipping and the freight duration that is required?

Appreicate thanks.

my chairs were delayed from this seller i used, saying that there was some production issue..i think it took about a month..with shipping total cost was $188 per chair as it is huge and heavy..wasn't as cheap as I thought but Lush Lush was selling for $390 when I enquired some time ago..

HI,

May I know how do you order the chair from Taobao? Need to go through 3rd party, right? Can u pm me your contact and which seller u bought it from?

thanks!

I'm using daigou65..i bought from the link below, 380RMB.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=10022006301

your bed set look pretty nice, where you bought it? Can fit in 12 inch(height) bed?

I got it from Robinsons, Kinu brand..original price was like 400 bucks but i got it for $170 King size, very comfy! :thumbs up: and yes, should be able to fit..my bed is 36cm and there is still allowance..

Hi Barcadubreezer & and888,

I also interested in Taobao stuff, maybe we can buy and share the shipping cost together.

hmm i'm not sure if there's savings for shipping because each chair was separately packed..

dear itsybits,

as a lot of the others have said, u hv a beautiful place and u shld b proud that despite all those issues, the final result is great...

i've been following your trials and tribulations and i think at this point, it is the final stretch so hang in there ! :good:

thank you! i take solace knowing that we're at the end and will get to enjoy our home together very soon.. :D

U guys can try 65daigou. I just placed some order thru it. Hope it will go well

I'm using daigou65 too, so far no issues..

Xingkia,

How the proceed like? can enlighten me?

you just need to register an account with daigou, paste the link from taobao on their side and they will help you order, confirm colors/size etc and arrange the shipping over..you just need to pay them the shipping and handling fees..fee structure on their website..

O.m.G.

yes, i know... :curse::help:

Amusingly, or perhaps I should say expectedly, it seems like the relative's company has changed name (yet again). ;) Changing names again and again wouldn't help much and your bad name will still follow if nothing is done to change the extensive delays, poor workmanship, horrible attitude of staff...!! :bleah:

I read it on another thread, not sure if it's true, but it probably is. I pray that they get what they deserve sooner than later. :bow: :bow: :bow: they are not even the least repentant, but what goes round will eventually come round. :unsure:

Edited by theitsybits

Amusingly, or perhaps I should say expectedly, it seems like the relative's company has changed name (yet again). ;) Changing names again and again wouldn't help much and your bad name will still follow if nothing is done to change the extensive delays, poor workmanship, horrible attitude of staff...!! :bleah:

I read it on another thread, not sure if it's true, but it probably is. I pray that they get what they deserve sooner than later. :bow: :bow: :bow: they are not even the least repentant, but what goes round will eventually come round. :unsure:

very sad that the law here is perfect breeding ground for these people. whatever lemon law also don;t apply, since that company will never exist once you lodge an issue.....

Dear, I must say your place is really cosy and lovely... True that it is indeed a lesson learnt but this will be a continuous lesson as you have to consider your MIL's feeling as well and this is super long run issue. No matter how, try not to further strain your relationship with her since the renovation is ending already, whatever passed just have to let it go and house you can always re-renovate in the future. But Family you cannot re-bulid... Really hope that things will be smooth for you and your family from now on... take care k..

Be strong and :thumbs up: to your tolerance...

Just ordered the same chair from gmarket couple weeks back. $80 per chair with free shipping. Shipping time was less than a week. Made in China proudly stamped under the seat. Not sure how heavy/sturdy the one from taopao is, but the gmarket one is quite light.

Sorry to hijack your thread, just though I'd share since some peeps were talking about buying it.

very sad that the law here is perfect breeding ground for these people. whatever lemon law also don;t apply, since that company will never exist once you lodge an issue.....

very true..businesses simply change name under same owner and suing a shell does not help at all..they still continue making money.. :(

Dear, I must say your place is really cosy and lovely... True that it is indeed a lesson learnt but this will be a continuous lesson as you have to consider your MIL's feeling as well and this is super long run issue. No matter how, try not to further strain your relationship with her since the renovation is ending already, whatever passed just have to let it go and house you can always re-renovate in the future. But Family you cannot re-bulid... Really hope that things will be smooth for you and your family from now on... take care k..

Be strong and :thumbs up: to your tolerance...

sigh..if only she did not insist that we use them, it would have saved us all the anguish and avoid these conflicts..it's not easy to reason with unreasonable people, and sometimes the people who hurt you the most end up being 'family'. just gotta make lemon tea out of lemons.. :P

Just ordered the same chair from gmarket couple weeks back. $80 per chair with free shipping. Shipping time was less than a week. Made in China proudly stamped under the seat. Not sure how heavy/sturdy the one from taopao is, but the gmarket one is quite light.

Sorry to hijack your thread, just though I'd share since some peeps were talking about buying it.

hey no problem..the ones from Gmarket is made of PVC material and is matt..the one I got from taobao is made of fiberglass which is a lot heavier and shiny..i heard the fit and height of the chair differs too..but i'm sure all chairs originate from China.. :P

Hi theitsybits, may I know where did you get your teal fan from? And what is the cost?

Day 93 cont.

The fridge came later in the day, and my shoe-shelf is not getting enough attention since my door is always open.

7955998950_f12dfd7ab9_z.jpg

Here's how the kitchen looks like now.

The husband is traveling from tomorrow, and we'll get our TV delivered in 2 weeks. Hopefully we can get the console by then.. :unsure:

thanks girl! =D

Do you have the link? Couldn't locate it online. TIA!

Kenjo I bought it from kweekee online..it's this online shop spin off from Reebonz, selling cute design items at discounted price..think it's abt 50..

Edited by kenjo

Sorry it's kwerkee..they are all timed events..like only available for a week but sometimes the items are repeated after some time..guess u need to keep track instantly.. =p

www.kwerkee.com

Thanks for the info! Will check it out! The current retro radio is cute!!

Sorry it's kwerkee..they are all timed events..like only available for a week but sometimes the items are repeated after some time..guess u need to keep track instantly.. =p

www.kwerkee.com

Day 113

After several email correspondence between us and MIL/relative, they are still pushing the blame on the solid top (instead of granite). And it seems like MIL thinks I'm at fault for 'scolding' the Binson guy who coordinated our backsplash but did not show up on 3 different occasions. :curse: It seems like this Binson guy has resigned.

Today, the backsplash guy Ah Liang called me and said that someone from relative company got him to arrange a time with me on this Saturday because my backsplash color was wrong and he will dismantle it to change. I arranged it at 3pm this Saturday.

Then, it seems like MIL will be coming down and she's saying that backsplash cannot be white unless crystal glass is used which costs more. According to her, backsplash guy will be coming to talk and she will iron things out with him - not change it as I've been told.

I've checked around and it seems possible if they use transparent glass and spray it white. They have all sorts of excuse for every mistake they make. If white was not possible, why didn't they tell us beforehand?! If it's not possible, we should have been informed and decide if we wanted to top up to have a white backsplash correct? :bleah:

Anyone has any white backsplash pictures to share or know if it's possible to have white backsplash without using crystal glass?

Jus dropped by... I'm using crystal white tempered glass backsplash.

Better heat resistance if you do cook a lot. For me, the price difference is less than $100.

Not too sure about white backsplash and how different the material and colour will differ