Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theitsybits

Love Nest @ Casa

Hi there, love ur reno journey....

Read up all ur posts...

And fine house u have there....

Since mr k is a contractor...du u mind pm/email me his contact no?

Ive to go with a contractor rather than id...sine its a bit cheaper this way...

Seriously budget constraint....

Hello pm-ed you his contact..he's cheaper than the IDs I went to but not the cheapest contractor though value-for-money..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hello pm-ed you his contact..he's cheaper than the IDs I went to but not the cheapest contractor though value-for-money..

Hi "theitsybits" can I have K's contact too? thanks very much.

Hi theitsybits,

I have been browsing through this forum for quite awhile trying to gain an insight into what ideas I can implement for my new home which will be ready in 2013. While there have been some impressive design ideas, none has attracted my attention more than your simplistic but gorgeous Swedish-inspired home. Love the fact that you did all of it without engaging an ID. This has inspired me to design on my own even though I am rather new in this aspect.

I hope you would be kind enough to PM and share with me Mr K's contact? Sincerest thanks!

Hi "theitsybits" can I have K's contact too? thanks very much.

pm-ed

Hi theitsybits,

I have been browsing through this forum for quite awhile trying to gain an insight into what ideas I can implement for my new home which will be ready in 2013. While there have been some impressive design ideas, none has attracted my attention more than your simplistic but gorgeous Swedish-inspired home. Love the fact that you did all of it without engaging an ID. This has inspired me to design on my own even though I am rather new in this aspect.

I hope you would be kind enough to PM and share with me Mr K's contact? Sincerest thanks!

hello, glad scandinavian designs are coming up..and sadly, not many IDs get it yet and it may pay to do some research and get someone to do it your way.. :) pm-ed.

Day 131

The backsplash guys finally came to install the new 'white' backsplash..it was another supplier, but still late as usual..only half was changed as the other side had wrong holes drilled..the other side will be installed next Monday and hopefully, we're done with renovation.

The hinges of our tall cabinet is already showing signs of wear and tear after moving in for a week..the soft closing can't be closed fully by itself at times..*sigh* i suppose we'll have to save up to change our carpentry a few years down the road.. ;)

8097015754_5c93f53002_z.jpg

Here's the color difference between the 'white' and previously installed backsplash..photo taken with iPhone.

Edited by theitsybits

Hi Miss Itsybits,

are the wooden floor tiles actually normal ceramic tiles that look like wood? Does it trap dirt easily and do they have a smooth texture ?

Thanks in advance !!

Hi Miss Itsybits,

are the wooden floor tiles actually normal ceramic tiles that look like wood? Does it trap dirt easily and do they have a smooth texture ?

Thanks in advance !!

yes, they are normal ceramic tiles with wood grains..i suppose like other homogenous tiles, they come in different textures and if it's not very rough it wouldn't trap dust easily..mine is not that smooth and suitable for kitchen too..trapping dust wise, not too sure about that since dust is hardly visible with the grains.. :P

Dear folks,

Please beware of this company called natural wood that does timber flooring. His name is called Bryan, hp 8410 9380. . He quoted to do my planter area for $900 but in the end charge me $950 as he said he will only rebate me the $50 if 2 of my relatives engage his services too. 

He has not done a satisfactory job for my place. Below are a list of the job not well done.

1) one plank of the wood was totally different from the rest of them.

2) there were bumps on the timber wood surface and when scrap off revealed the flesh of the wood. 

3) he had in the process of laying the timber flooring chipped off the corner walls of my planter area.

4) the varnish applied to the wood had stained my floor tiles near the living hall as well. 

5) the wood has multiples scratches.

6) there were many visible nail holes which made the planter area totally unsightly as the holes were of another colour. 

When he came for the first time to look at the defects, he just flatly rejected changing the off colour wood and said that it's not possible for him to find matching ones. I didn't ask for matching just close to similar. After pointing out the above defects, he just ignored me and told my hubby that he is leaving.

I then called him and he refused to pick up. When I called him the second time, he hang up on me after I asked him when he was coming to rectify the above defects. 

If this was the kind of service I knew he will be offering, I wouldn't have engaged his services. I have since told my neighbor not to use him as well.

I then called nature wood to complain about him and the receptionist said he is a customer of theirs. I spoke to nature wood boss and he said this Bryan guy actually uses a similar name to his company called NATURAL WOOD. and that there's nothing that they can do about it.

This Bryan guy from NATURAL WOOD HAS ZERO AFTERSALES SERVICE and uses a less than superior timber wood . FOLKS, PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS BRYAN GUY! After this post he may change hp number, anyway he is bald. Just beware of him if you do not want poor AFTERSALES service. Even though the warranty is for 10 years, I do not think he will provide any good service especially since he can just walked out from my unit and hang up on me during our conversation.

hi critter

I have done fengshui audit before renovation, package is $688, do lots of stuffs regards of fengshui layout, even seal up my kitchen entrance as my kitchen facing the main door is no good, custom make a mirror in the living room,cannot put shoes higher than your head at the shoe cabinet, buy stuffs at bencoolen centre there. still have more other than that.

Hi lady081980,

Can share your contact for FS audit? Planning to do 1 for my house too. TIA!

yes, they are normal ceramic tiles with wood grains..i suppose like other homogenous tiles, they come in different textures and if it's not very rough it wouldn't trap dust easily..mine is not that smooth and suitable for kitchen too..trapping dust wise, not too sure about that since dust is hardly visible with the grains.. :P

Hi theitsybits,

Have PM you. Can assist to advise?

Tx.

Hi theitsybits,

I love ur place with all the brick walls & open-concept kitchen, esp with the walls between kitchen & service yard hacked down. It really looked spacious!

Would you mind to pm me K's contact. I am always hearing raving reviews about him.. TIA. 

Btw, may I check if u r using induction hob? From Taiyo? Was thinking of installing it for my new place as well but was looking at 3 hobs from Bosch. It is 30AMP so I gotta check with HDB if possible to install it.

And I did not notice the type of waterheater tat u r using. Is it water tank for your rainshower? Mind to comment on the water pressure & heat for both showers?

Thank you so much!!

Edited by bintang

Hi theitsybits,

I love ur place with all the brick walls & open-concept kitchen, esp with the walls between kitchen & service yard hacked down. It really looked spacious!

Would you mind to pm me K's contact. I am always hearing raving reviews about him.. TIA. 

Btw, may I check if u r using induction hob? From Taiyo? Was thinking of installing it for my new place as well but was looking at 3 hobs from Bosch. It is 30AMP so I gotta check with HDB if possible to install it.

And I did not notice the type of waterheater tat u r using. Is it water tank for your rainshower? Mind to comment on the water pressure & heat for both showers?

Thank you so much!!

hello

i love bright and spacious living rooms as it's where your guests would mingle..

i'm using induction, Electrolux 2-hobs. There are only a few models which could be used in HDB - Taiyo, Electrolux and there's a Bosch 2-zone that is either 15/16amp..

I'm using jovan storage heater as we've 2 rain showers at home..no issue with heat but pressure isn't that strong though not exactly weak..

hello

i love bright and spacious living rooms as it's where your guests would mingle..

i'm using induction, Electrolux 2-hobs. There are only a few models which could be used in HDB - Taiyo, Electrolux and there's a Bosch 2-zone that is either 15/16amp..

I'm using jovan storage heater as we've 2 rain showers at home..no issue with heat but pressure isn't that strong though not exactly weak..

Mind sharing the price of the hob? Any review?