Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theitsybits

Love Nest @ Casa

Hello,

Really pretty home! I am looking for reno works for my new flat and want to do the brick wall too.

Mind to share with me the contact of your contractor, Mr K, and his company?

Hope to hear from you soon and thank you so much for the attention.

:)

Home now looks like this:

8235513204_b6de59d316_z.jpg

8244801158_fc657c2317_z.jpg

the sideboard from Lorgan's finally came after 2.5 months..the papa bear chair and smile coffee table will arrive this week.. :unsure: our bed will also arrive this weekend! :sport-smiley-004:

8203342456_d249e5bdd3_z.jpg

the 3ft mini xmas tree we got for our bay-window..doesn't take up extra space and keeps our dog from getting into trouble..

8243729903_ac72be4232_z.jpg

the bed we chose..

8243730781_9f60b81d23_z.jpg

we changed the fabric..hopefully it goes well with the room.. :sport-smiley-018:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

oh nice, great choice of wood! more unique and indeed compliment well.

thanks! i love it too, and i'd better since it cost a small fortune.. :P

thanks for the info. did you use the hook type or the tape type (think they have those where you tape the back of the frame against the wall)?

not sure how good the plaster work of my contractor is, though it looks pretty flat and level. before I bought this place, i saw a house where the plaster fell out and the surface feels hollow, not sure what the owner did. anyway, I think I would use 3m for places where I want to do photo collage, and still do the screwing/nailing for larger/heavier photos.

for the photowal, we used the velcro type..for the puzzles and pictures, we used the hooks type..all of them are taped to the wall..

Hi, can pm me your contractor's contact? Thanks.

pm-ed.

You can use 3M for plaster walls, just that when u take it out, the plaster will come off together since plaster is weak. I would personally prefer to drill.

hmm, i would think that weather or not the plaster comes out depends on the workmanship of the contractor..

i personally do not like to drill and leave marks on the walls for ease of moving the paintings/pictures..moreover, walls do crack after many years, sometimes along the drill holes..

Hi Itsybits,

My boyfriend and I really love your flat and your cute dachshund! The xmas tree really made your house look extra cosy.

We have a dog of our own too and would be renovating our flat next yr. We would really appreciate it if you could give us the contacts of Mr K and the total cost of your renovation.

Thank you so much!

hee thanks..pm-ed.

Hello,

Really pretty home! I am looking for reno works for my new flat and want to do the brick wall too.

Mind to share with me the contact of your contractor, Mr K, and his company?

Hope to hear from you soon and thank you so much for the attention.

:)

thanks! pm-ed..

Home now looks like this:

8235513204_b6de59d316_z.jpg

Hi itsybits,

This is such a nice picture, love your furry Dachshund, he looks so cute here :)

thanks..he's one cute and playful boy..

Nice, ur house is very colorful! did u paint the brickwall white in the end or u left it raw? any issue with the grouting/ powder lindering? thanks!

colorful? i didn't think of it that way, since my walls are only painted white and grey for MBR and no other colors..but i do love colorful deco though.. :P

i left it raw, without painting it..thinking that i can paint it if i get sick on it someday..no issues with the grouting, although it's slightly powdery to the touch, nothing flies around..i dust it with the magic clean duster.. :D

The bed frame finally came!! Our room finally feels like a room, but it does make the room look smaller though..

8258117554_878e38dde0_z.jpg

i think it was quite near to what i had in mind all along..and our MBR has only a king sized bed and nothing else at the moment..i prefer the bedroom to feel spacious and hotel-like comfy.. :P

The Lorgan's smile table and papa bear chair was supposed to be delivered on Saturday, but after changing the timing and confirmations, the delivery guy called us on Saturday and said that 'his van wouldn't start and would not be able to deliver it this weekend, will set timing again..but we went down in the afternoon to pay and look for side tables, the sales guy recognized us and said that our furniture just arrived and will arrange for delivery soon as they are short-handed this weekend.. :dunno::unsure:

so..we didn't manage to find our side tables and are still waiting for the furniture that we ordered in September, 3 whole months before! i think we'd better get our side tables from somewhere else instead of waiting for another 3 months.. ;)

any idea where can we get nice pencil legs side tables for our bed? :D

Edited by theitsybits

I like your curtain! Where did you have it made?

Hmm, not sure if I mentioned to you before about Second Charm? They have nice pencil legs side tables in teak wood, duno if you fancy teak or not :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by bleucheeze

I like your curtain! Where did you have it made?

Hmm, not sure if I mentioned to you before about Second Charm? They have nice pencil legs side tables in teak wood, duno if you fancy teak or not :sport-smiley-018:

i made it at Spotlight when it had a 20% off custom-made curtains..the one we got from taobao was slightly sheer and we replaced the MBR one..i love the unique and slightly retro prints with my favorite turquoise color too.. :D

okies will check it out! thanks! :thumbs up:

The bed frame finally came!! Our room finally feels like a room, but it does make the room look smaller though..

i think it was quite near to what i had in mind all along..and our MBR has only a king sized bed and nothing else at the moment..i prefer the bedroom to feel spacious and hotel-like comfy.. :P

The Lorgan's smile table and papa bear chair was supposed to be delivered on Saturday, but after changing the timing and confirmations, the delivery guy called us on Saturday and said that 'his van wouldn't start and would not be able to deliver it this weekend, will set timing again..but we went down in the afternoon to pay and look for side tables, the sales guy recognized us and said that our furniture just arrived and will arrange for delivery soon as they are short-handed this weekend.. :dunno::unsure:

so..we didn't manage to find our side tables and are still waiting for the furniture that we ordered in September, 3 whole months before! i think we'd better get our side tables from somewhere else instead of waiting for another 3 months.. ;)

nice! your bed looks grand. the change of curtain also gave your room a very different feel.

for the tables, did you try room of woods? but I think for them, also need to wait some months for it to be made overseas then delivered.

hey babe!

how does your curtain rods look like? Can you please share where and how much you got it too? Thanks! :dancingqueen:

nice! your bed looks grand. the change of curtain also gave your room a very different feel.

for the tables, did you try room of woods? but I think for them, also need to wait some months for it to be made overseas then delivered.

thanks thanks..haven't been to them, but it's probably also a 3 weeks wait and stocks similar items.. not sure if we want to wait another many weeks.. :unsure:

hey babe!

how does your curtain rods look like? Can you please share where and how much you got it too? Thanks! :dancingqueen:

they were all from ikea..very cheap..like 4.90 and 6.90 due to length..and the brackets were like 3.90? curtains were really budget for us.. :P

Hey gal, wanna check with you, how long is your TV console? Cos i intend to get the same sofa as you, not sure if i should match console length with sofa length... And I forgot to measure length of the sofa at the shop :unsure:

Speaking of Room of woods, you may wanna make appt or email them to enquire, cos I heard they are having clearance sale of current stock. I haven't been there though.

they were all from ikea..very cheap..like 4.90 and 6.90 due to length..and the brackets were like 3.90? curtains were really budget for us.. :P

The corner turning is also from ikea and your hubby fixed it ah? Casa windows so problematic... ;p

Hey gal, wanna check with you, how long is your TV console? Cos i intend to get the same sofa as you, not sure if i should match console length with sofa length... And I forgot to measure length of the sofa at the shop :unsure:

Speaking of Room of woods, you may wanna make appt or email them to enquire, cos I heard they are having clearance sale of current stock. I haven't been there though.

Sofa is 2.1m and console is 1.9m..the brick wall behind console is 2.4m..

Maybe I shd drop them a note though I'm not sure how much they've left and we're really busy with the wedding and housewarmings coming up.. =)

The corner turning is also from ikea and your hubby fixed it ah? Casa windows so problematic... ;p

They were 2 rods meeting at 90 degrees..no gaps.. =p I supposed curtain makers can do the corner turning pretty well..blinds will have the meet 90 degrees too..

Oh, they have clearance sales? I like their things but am quite tight in my budget. That's great news.

just to chip in on tv console, i read somewhere that tv console should be around 2/3 the length of sofa. But I didn't consciously follow also.