Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theitsybits

Love Nest @ Casa

We have just added a new mirror, installed digital locks for the main door and gate (after contemplating for a long time, as we were very impressed after visiting bigbull's place) and will be changing the curtains from the lousy rods (wanted to save money a year back) to tracks and working on a small project that the husband says 'a second renovation'. I think after all these, it'll really be the end of our renovation journey in the near future (I think so!), unless you count painting turquoise stripes to my future (no idea when) baby room.

And here are some lived-in pictures of our home before 'a second renovation'. We're really not very neat people and yes, I struggle with clutter and household chores. So, it's no show-room worthy pictures really, but what the home actually looks like most of the time (it's more messy some days when laundry covers the sofa). Don't you always wonder how renovated homes look like after people really move in and stay in it? I always do wonder!

9033042823_e4e6b92e2d_z.jpg
9035271170_f46f6c1896_z.jpg
9033067631_a4ba600d5d_z.jpg
9033073285_90ba40741a_z.jpg
9035301722_bcc942f129_z.jpg

Where did u get the mickey mouse shorts thingy for the kitchen?

from disneyland..i think you can buy them online from disney website too..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, would you be able to share what is the cost for building this craftstone wall? I m planning to add this into my tv console wall which is about the same size as the pic, but would like to know what will the cost be like? Before I start to ask if anyone willing to do... (esp this is a small project)... You may pm me the cost. :) thanks!!

Hi, would you be able to share what is the cost for building this craftstone wall? I m planning to add this into my tv console wall which is about the same size as the pic, but would like to know what will the cost be like? Before I start to ask if anyone willing to do... (esp this is a small project)... You may pm me the cost. :) thanks!!

hey

one wall costs about 1.5k each..that said it would depends on the exact wall size and smaller projects usually cost more..

hey

one wall costs about 1.5k each..that said it would depends on the exact wall size and smaller projects usually cost more..

Thank you!! :)

Hi itsybits, may I know how much it costed u to lay the wood tiles ? (Materials + labor)

Thanks!

i think the total cost for my whole house was about 7-8k, including service yard but not toilets.

Hi, can I too have K contact....Tx

hello, it's in my signature..

Kevin

9022 2321

i think the total cost for my whole house was about 7-8k, including service yard but not toilets.

hello, it's in my signature..

Kevin

9022 2321

Wow... That's quite out of my budget... Could be becoz laying 5 of such tiles = laying one 60x60 tiles... Hence more effort.... Thanks...

Wow... That's quite out of my budget... Could be becoz laying 5 of such tiles = laying one 60x60 tiles... Hence more effort.... Thanks...

hmm yea, the workmanship is more expensive than normal 60x60 as the alignment and all takes more effort too..my neighbor did it for about 6k but without service yard and kitchen..my 4-room is 100m2..

oh...that explains.... thanks....

my house is the average 90m2 type.... probably can do it with 5k+ without kitchen and service yard....

thanks =)

i also checked out ur sofa.... an extra cover cost $500.... -_- bery ex.....

did u get an extra cover urself?

hey

Hi,

is it the cost of your tv console wall only, or the full wall extending to the dining table area? Went to look for quote and was quoted like $4-5k for the whole wall, around 7m.

Hi,

is it the cost of your tv console wall only, or the full wall extending to the dining table area? Went to look for quote and was quoted like $4-5k for the whole wall, around 7m.

it's 1.5k each so 3k for both..it's about there i suppose, mine is around 5m..

thinking of using wood tiles throughout the entire house and was told it cost more by some ID.

However, your place looks good. What color are the grouts? I like the tone of the tiles you use.

Anyway, for kitchen use, are the wood tiles too slippery? That was another concern from an old contractor.

thinking of using wood tiles throughout the entire house and was told it cost more by some ID.

However, your place looks good. What color are the grouts? I like the tone of the tiles you use.

Anyway, for kitchen use, are the wood tiles too slippery? That was another concern from an old contractor.

the grouts are in wood color too, so it isn't that obvious..it may cost more due to workmanship and alignment of the tiles..

anyway, the tiles are not slippery..they're matt and not that smooth..u can visit shops like hafary or soon bee huat - they've huge showrooms with areas of these tiles that you can see and step on to feel..

Love your brick wall and design of the house! Very nice with the splashes of color here and there..

thanks! :P