Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theitsybits

Love Nest @ Casa

yes yes, it was love at first sight for me..plus it's comfy.. :sport-smiley-004:

it's at jurong furniture mall..a shop near the information counter called Star Living..

$990 for this nice sofa, it's a good buy! Sorry I know it's been some times but thanks for your post so I know Star Living is also quite affordable. Will check it out, hopefully they still have AZUMI. ;)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

.::. A year after moving in .::.

We've finally finished up our renovation, a few months ago actually. We have finally got our bay windows done up and changed out the cheapo ikea curtain rods with curtains from Taobao after recovering financially. I think we're pretty happy with how things are now, with no more to-do list for the home and it's time to finally do that concluding before-after post.

I realized that we didn't take many photos of the bare house and couldn't do that many before-after comparison. Perhaps everything looked very much the same with white washed walls.

These are the few I found, with picture of how the home look like now.

10101256156_73d9fc80d9_z.jpg
The living room does seem to look smaller, but it's really comfortable now.
10101191625_d37319eb94_z.jpg
The kitchen, where I spend a lot of time in.
10101217213_f54dffb6cb_z.jpg
The MBR, where we spend even more time in.
10101237743_37a7b69d1a_z.jpg
The MBR toilet.
10101225195_d4277e57bd_z.jpg
And the huge common toilet.
Edited by theitsybits

Here's a few more pictures before I retire from this renovation blog...

10101160764_b1cf9df9d3_z.jpg
10097483045_dc61c476e2_z.jpg
10097148843_9521154591_z.jpg
This bay window area was recently added to house my CDs and perhaps some books. It has a great view for sunsets in the evening. This was done by Mr K, and we're pretty happy with it although there were some delays and communication issues given that it's a small project and he's really busy. They did get it done nicely though.
10097074375_1cdf66e87e_z.jpg
10097139516_52ffe3ce44_z.jpg
10097525693_de3ccefda6_z.jpg
And with that, our dream home has materialized and we live happily ever after. :notti:
I'm thankful to have met some very nice people and been of help to many others by journalling down my whole renovation experience and sharing what I know. I'm looking forward to my next renovation someday (yes, I already have ideas!) even though it may be many years after. I love how homes are a blank canvas which you could work your creativity upon and create a space and feel which best suit your taste and lifestyle. But at the end of the day, it's the people who live together and whom you love that really matters.
Good luck people! :thumbs up:
Edited by theitsybits

Hi theitsybits,

Nice to see you updating after so long, have been reading your reno journey and it was a huge inspiration for us. Been reading your blog since earlier the year. Am starting my reno journey with k in a week or 2 as well.

Looking forward for my own reno journey with k too. :)

hihi, i chanced upon your reno t blog, and i was very impressed with your house, its sososo nice!!! i understand your contractori s Mr K, may i know how mujch roughly you spend for your renovation? i am getting my keys soon, will drop Mr K a specification for my hse too. hope to hear from you soon. Thanks!

Hi theitsybits,

Nice to see you updating after so long, have been reading your reno journey and it was a huge inspiration for us. Been reading your blog since earlier the year. Am starting my reno journey with k in a week or 2 as well.

Looking forward for my own reno journey with k too. :)

hey thanks! u're in good hands, good luck!

hihi, i chanced upon your reno t blog, and i was very impressed with your house, its sososo nice!!! i understand your contractori s Mr K, may i know how mujch roughly you spend for your renovation? i am getting my keys soon, will drop Mr K a specification for my hse too. hope to hear from you soon. Thanks!

thanks! we spent a total of 40k for renovation (excluding furniture, appliances etc)

Beautiful and looks super duper comfy! Congrats for completing the renovation journey and 'retiring' :)

thanks! =)

indeed its a reallie pretty house with all the bits n pieces done up to make it a cosy place to stay in.

not sure if anyone has asked, where do you get the big mirror in the living area, beside the door one? :)

indeed its a reallie pretty house with all the bits n pieces done up to make it a cosy place to stay in.

not sure if anyone has asked, where do you get the big mirror in the living area, beside the door one? :)

thanks..the mirror is also done by Mr K.. :)

hiya

can I check did you do any waredrobe for your MBR? :)

hey, yup we did, after knocking down the wall..the MBR wardrobe eats into the other bedroom..

Some pictures here:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/49024-love-nest-casa/page-12

It's actually right opposite my MBR toilet along the walkway into MBR..you can click on the week 5 link on my signature with my floor plan..

Edited by theitsybits

Hi,

can I ask where did you customise/buy those teal cushions for the bay windows?

cushions with yellow flower was from Franc Franc and the customized cushion set was done by Mr K.

Hi, I saw your reno blog...i was wondering how much does it cost to do wood flooring for your whole flat? I am intending to do solid wood flooring for my whole 5 room flat, excluding kitchen and toilets.

Sad part is that i took the hdb tiles on the impulse move due to parents wanting to get the whole flat up asap. Now have to spend money to hack it and relay all to wood flooring.

Hi, I saw your reno blog...i was wondering how much does it cost to do wood flooring for your whole flat? I am intending to do solid wood flooring for my whole 5 room flat, excluding kitchen and toilets.

Sad part is that i took the hdb tiles on the impulse move due to parents wanting to get the whole flat up asap. Now have to spend money to hack it and relay all to wood flooring.

hey mine isn't wood, it's homogeneous tiles at $2.60psf..the whole house with laying probably cost easily 8k for 5-room..overlay may be an option..

i wanted a wood-flooring look but ruled out wood as I've a dog at home and eventually kids with rollers will destroy the flooring..there's vinyl but it's made of plastic and there's some research saying that it releases poisonous fumes and is bad for kids..vinyl is joined by a click-system joining the pieces together, so water may seep below and cause mold..laminates can create a wood flooring look too but it's hollow and not as durable though cheap..

do find some time to read up on the pros and cons of the different options before deciding! :)

Hi theitsybits,

Nice reno you have done up! Mind i ask where you got your dining table from?

Thanks!

it's from Commune from Millennia walk! :)