Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theitsybits

Love Nest @ Casa

Here's a few more pictures before I retire from this renovation blog...

10097148843_9521154591_z.jpg
This bay window area was recently added to house my CDs and perhaps some books. It has a great view for sunsets in the evening. This was done by Mr K, and we're pretty happy with it although there were some delays and communication issues given that it's a small project and he's really busy. They did get it done nicely though.
10097074375_1cdf66e87e_z.jpg
10097139516_52ffe3ce44_z.jpg
10097525693_de3ccefda6_z.jpg
And with that, our dream home has materialized and we live happily ever after. :notti:
I'm thankful to have met some very nice people and been of help to many others by journalling down my whole renovation experience and sharing what I know. I'm looking forward to my next renovation someday (yes, I already have ideas!) even though it may be many years after. I love how homes are a blank canvas which you could work your creativity upon and create a space and feel which best suit your taste and lifestyle. But at the end of the day, it's the people who live together and whom you love that really matters.
Good luck people! :thumbs up:

Very Pretty & Cosy Indeed!

Althou a bit messy, but it is so realistic.. This is how a home should be like.. not like other showroom where is alwasy so neat!

The baywindow was a nicely build too. I like how you mix and match the colours...

can i ask you to take one area? ---> your walkway!! hahaha..

From the mirror reflection, i see that you displayed photos!! As i am now in the midst of decorating my walkway with photos too.. would like to get more ideas on how to improvise it! yea yea!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Very Pretty & Cosy Indeed!

Althou a bit messy, but it is so realistic.. This is how a home should be like.. not like other showroom where is alwasy so neat!

The baywindow was a nicely build too. I like how you mix and match the colours...

can i ask you to take one area? ---> your walkway!! hahaha..

From the mirror reflection, i see that you displayed photos!! As i am now in the midst of decorating my walkway with photos too.. would like to get more ideas on how to improvise it! yea yea!

Hello..

thanks.. :) I think realistically, it's not possible to have homes that look like showrooms..not when both of us are working!

Some pictures of my corridor:

10190749446_24b8751fd4_c.jpg
10190893933_cb879d229b_c.jpg

we painted the bomb shelter door with chalkboard paint and it's filled with magnets from where we've visited..the other wall is filled with puzzles and some frames on a ledge from ikea..

Edited by theitsybits

Nice corridor and cosy flat you have! Wana ask how do you prevent the bomb shelter door handle from hitting the wall and leaving a mark? I'm also looking to remove the ugly rubber stopper fixed onto my wall but thinking of a neat way of prevent wall marks.

Hello..

thanks.. :) I think realistically, it's not possible to have homes that look like showrooms..not when both of us are working!

Some pictures of my corridor:

10190749446_24b8751fd4_c.jpg
10190893933_cb879d229b_c.jpg

we painted the bomb shelter door with chalkboard paint and it's filled with magnets from where we've visited..the other wall is filled with puzzles and some frames on a ledge from ikea..

agreed with you totally!! very beautifully done...

lovely job that you had done to your place.

may i ask where did you get that bat wing chair in the living room?

how much was it?

Edited by gloke

Day 8-9

**photos provided by K**

My brick walls were completed!

7180220167_d59d53a93a_z.jpg

The grouts were filled with white cement.

7365447590_5164f92e76_z.jpg

Hello! Just looked through your blog and I absolutely love your designs and ideas!
Got a question for you though. Your white brick walls, are they craft stones? and where did you get your quotes from?
I'll be getting my new flat soon and is still a newbie in renovation >.<
Hope to hear from you soon! Thanks in advance!

lovely job that you had done to your place.

may i ask where did you get that bat wing chair in the living room?

how much was it?

u mean the greenish chair with buttons? it's a replica and known as a papa bear chair..i got it from Lorgan's..can't really remember the exact price, but it was around 1.8k..

Hello! Just looked through your blog and I absolutely love your designs and ideas!
Got a question for you though. Your white brick walls, are they craft stones? and where did you get your quotes from?
I'll be getting my new flat soon and is still a newbie in renovation >.<
Hope to hear from you soon! Thanks in advance!

thanks.. :) the craft stones are very common these days, hafary (this huge chain store selling tiles) has them..

we started with visiting those home & deco fairs where there will be lots of IDs..most of which are expensive and out of 10 you talk to, perhaps half will follow-up..you can skip this step if you do not want to waste the time, although meeting more and getting more quotes does help you to have more ideas and have a better gauge of prices and norms..then I approached the contractors/IDs that other renotalk people used and had good comments for quotes..

i would say, whoever you choose, always do your due diligence - do a simple and quick google search about the company/boss name and read reviews or comments from other customers..best if they allow you to meet or talk to their other customers and you can judge from there..follow your heart and be wary of freebies and sales talk..

good luck!

Edited by theitsybits

thanks.. :) the craft stones are very common these days, hafary (this huge chain store selling tiles) has them..

we started with visiting those home & deco fairs where there will be lots of IDs..most of which are expensive and out of 10 you talk to, perhaps half will follow-up..you can skip this step if you do not want to waste the time, although meeting more and getting more quotes does help you to have more ideas and have a better gauge of prices and norms..then I approached the contractors/IDs that other renotalk people used and had good comments for quotes..

i would say, whoever you choose, always do your due diligence - do a simple and quick google search about the company/boss name and read reviews or comments from other customers..best if they allow you to meet or talk to their other customers and you can judge from there..follow your heart and be wary of freebies and sales talk..

good luck!

Thanks! An ID firm quoted me 2.5k for the craftstone wall about 10ft long :unsure:

Mr K does it too right? Hope I get a better quote from him :notti:

Thanks! An ID firm quoted me 2.5k for the craftstone wall about 10ft long :unsure:

Anw i think the quote sounds about right cos my ID yesterday quoted me same price for 11ft. Just be sure not to cover it with a huge TV console or in my case i was planning to have a bookcase in front cos then wasted.

theitsybits, as said by many already: what an amazingly beautiful home you have. you have inspired many! i will soon start on my reno journey once i sort out my buying and selling nightmare lol!

Edited by mellenur

i think the quote sounds about right..

oh by the way..you can choose the distance between the gaps of the bricks..it can make a big difference to the feel of the wall..i personally asked for bigger spacing..i've seen some with very narrow spacing which i didn't like..

Anw i think the quote sounds about right cos my ID yesterday quoted me same price for 11ft. Just be sure not to cover it with a huge TV console or in my case i was planning to have a bookcase in front cos then wasted.

theitsybits, as said by many already: what an amazingly beautiful home you have. you have inspired many! i will soon start on my reno journey once i sort out my buying and selling nightmare lol!

thanks and good luck!! it'll all be worth it..

I got my brickwall that is 12 ft long done for 800 - 1000 dollars.

The reason for the low price is that i got the bricks from Malaysia and paid just for the service.

I got my brickwall that is 12 ft long done for 800 - 1000 dollars.

The reason for the low price is that i got the bricks from Malaysia and paid just for the service.

hi jaykr, can clear your inbox? need to ask u something...