Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theitsybits

Love Nest @ Casa

Oh. didn't know my inbox was full. Sorry. ok deletes some msgs and replied you.

Hope it helps in keeping to your reno budget.

Later.

hi jaykr, can clear your inbox? need to ask u something...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, can I check the size of your spinning light over the dining table, is it 32cm or 42cm? Thanks!

it should be the 32cm one..

hi, is there a specific name for your toilet's sliding door? also have any idea how much you paid for the set?

there's no specific name i suppose..they're aluminum bi-fold lovure doors..bigbull has the same but made of wood and painted white..i actually prefer the wooden one!

Hi

mind to share the link of ur curtain from taobao?How's the quality?

the quality (of sewing) is good, but material wise it's mixed..i liked the sheer white one and the polka dots green one, but the dark one did not turned out like we expected and was slightly sheer with glitters!

we end up changing all our curtains to tracks as we did up the bay window and wanted the curtains moved nearer to the windows for more space..

anyway, i've quite a few white ikea curtain rods and wouldn't mind giving it away for free if anyone wants them! They're white metal and extendable..

will try to get back the link of the curtains and get back..

I got my brickwall that is 12 ft long done for 800 - 1000 dollars.

The reason for the low price is that i got the bricks from Malaysia and paid just for the service.

Hi jaykr, mind sharing how many cartons of craftstones you bought for a 12ft long wall? Thanks!

Hi, apologies but I forgot, but you can ask the craftstone lady to calculate for you or your contractor.

Hi jaykr, mind sharing how many cartons of craftstones you bought for a 12ft long wall? Thanks!

Hi babe, mind sharing where u got the wooden cupboard in front of your livingroom mirror from? Thanks!

the sideboard was from Commune at Millennia Walk, same series as the dining table..

Itsybits,

I'm curious about how u maintain the cleanliness of the fabric sofa if you do not get an additional cover.

I'm also wondering how can u remove the tufted buttons on the cushion?

Thanks...

u mean the greenish chair with buttons? it's a replica and known as a papa bear chair..i got it from Lorgan's..can't really remember the exact price, but it was around 1.8k..

Saw the papa bear chair from TB, approx. SGD900 excluding shipping.

3laj.jpg

Itsybits,

I'm curious about how u maintain the cleanliness of the fabric sofa if you do not get an additional cover.

I'm also wondering how can u remove the tufted buttons on the cushion?

Thanks...

the 4 cushion covers are removable to wash..we have since washed it once..the outer cover can't be washed so we only wipe it with a cloth, but admittedly not often at all. :P

Saw the papa bear chair from TB, approx. SGD900 excluding shipping.

3laj.jpg

i wouldn't recommend getting it from Taobao though..the risk is too high for something too expensive..moreover, the shipping fee would cost you easily a few hundred, plus daigou's 5-7% agent fee would make savings insignificant..

just for a gauge, the 2 acrylic eames dining chair I got cost about $200 for shipping alone even when the legs are not fixed yet i.e. smaller box..the papa bear chair should be impossible to dismantle..moreover, quality might be an issue..the legs in this picture is not as 'pencil' as it should be and the comfort while sitting on the chair varies by different replica too..color wise may turn out different too, as i got a similar color customized cushion for my bay window but the color turned out to be a lot more dull..

if you still want to get it (or if anyone wants to buy stuff from Taobao), choose the sellers with 'diamonds' or 'crowns'..the crowns are the highest quality sellers based on reviews accumulated..first level should be stars..

Edited by theitsybits

i wouldn't recommend getting it from Taobao though..the risk is too high for something too expensive..moreover, the shipping fee would cost you easily a few hundred, plus daigou's 5-7% agent fee would make savings insignificant..

just for a gauge, the 2 acrylic eames dining chair I got cost about $200 for shipping alone even when the legs are not fixed yet i.e. smaller box..the papa bear chair should be impossible to dismantle..moreover, quality might be an issue..the legs in this picture is not as 'pencil' as it should be and the comfort while sitting on the chair varies by different replica too..color wise may turn out different too, as i got a similar color customized cushion for my bay window but the color turned out to be a lot more dull..

I estimate the shipping to cost max SGD270. Do not go thru daigou, Amcon is a better option.

Risk no doubt is there but this is a Tmall seller, I reckon it would be more secure than TB though.

Given the money save, I feel it is still a well calculated risk though. Many had bought sofas from TB and Tmall, items received aint that shabby afterall. ;)

But the cushion where we put out back on has the tufted buttons... do you have to remove them one by one in order to take out the cushion cover?

no lei..it seems to be quite securely attached.. :P

I estimate the shipping to cost max SGD270. Do not go thru daigou, Amcon is a better option.

Risk no doubt is there but this is a Tmall seller, I reckon it would be more secure than TB though.

Given the money save, I feel it is still a well calculated risk though. Many had bought sofas from TB and Tmall, items received aint that shabby afterall. ;)

good luck then..i wouldn't dare to take the risk for such an item though.. :)

no lei..it seems to be quite securely attached.. :P

Hmm... Ehhh... Nvm... What I meant was, I can't imagine how the cover can be removed with the buttons there.. They seems to be sewed into the form/sponge of the cushion from outside the cover.... Therefore to remove the cover, I thought its necessary to first remove the buttons...