Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theitsybits

Love Nest @ Casa

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

we've got our hdb permit yesterday, just 2 days after K submitted our application! *weee. i was so happy about it. tongue.gif i love it that K's quick and efficient, cuz i work fast too and working with someone who drags my stuff would drive me crazy..

K has happily informed us that he'll start work and start hacking the walls on Monday. Electrical works will follow. The utilities people will come to activate our electricity and water tomorrow. I'm really impressed by the convenience of activating water and power! When we got our keys, hdb told us that we had to go back to hdb to activate our utilities. but since i'm lazy, i tried to google it and realized that i only need to call. it was a 5-minute call, give details, address, set appointment, then it's done. you just need to be there for an hour slot and they'll send you the utility bill, including deposit needed. fuss free!

and because both of us may not be able to visit the site often, and i'm a worry wart, i drew our electrical drawing for K. it's not tt i don't trust him, just that sometimes really will forget or miss out. it's also an easier way to communicate our wants and since the picture is color coded and complete with chinese words, i'm sure the electrician can follow. i did it and the husband vetted it. we changed it quite a few times till we were sure that we did not miss out anything.

7308515352_0d3d418d7f_z.jpg

we should be all ready to go! :dancingqueen:

and now..i feel like my chinese has improved..i know what's pendant lights, cove lights, track lights, downlights in chinese!

WOw.....! Wished I had an ID like yours.

My ID was the sort that dragged and submitted no drawings.

I had to supervise everything myself.... on the hindside, we learned a lot and did a reno blog to share our experience

WOw.....! Wished I had an ID like yours.

My ID was the sort that dragged and submitted no drawings.

I had to supervise everything myself.... on the hindside, we learned a lot and did a reno blog to share our experience

Funnymatthew,

Mr K does not do drawings, sad to say. But would like to mentioned that the electrical drawing which theitsybits was really awesome. :good:

It has Mr K praising for the detail of her drawing. :lol::)

I like your bay window area n the customized cushion set, very nice. is there a storage under the seat? May i know how much is the damaged?

Hello..

thanks.. :) I think realistically, it's not possible to have homes that look like showrooms..not when both of us are working!

Some pictures of my corridor:

10190749446_24b8751fd4_c.jpg
10190893933_cb879d229b_c.jpg

we painted the bomb shelter door with chalkboard paint and it's filled with magnets from where we've visited..the other wall is filled with puzzles and some frames on a ledge from ikea..

Hi Can I check with you did you buy this lights from taobao? Able to show me the link?

I like this 3 light a lot! Thanks and a happy new year!

Hi, apologies but I forgot, but you can ask the craftstone lady to calculate for you or your contractor.

Hi Jaykr, could you share with me how do you transport the craftstone from Malaysia back to SG? The amount you paid is only for labour excludes cost of brick right?

Hi, I know it's been a long while since your reno but do you mind sharing K's contact? Thank you so much

My email is sarasamuel02@yahoo.com

Hi Itsybits, I chanced on ur reno blog.

Really liked ur detail- orientedness n ideas.

My hubby n I just got SBF 3 room.

Cld u pm ur contractor to me : gassycat80@hotmail.com

I will be doing simply reno. Just want to get a reliable one with sm ideas to help make it a cosy home.

Thanks in advance.

hello! we are trying to minimize reno works and only do the essential things since i find tt it's the furniture and little things which adds character to the home. but because we need to do flooring for the whole unit, and i want parquet in the room, plus the toilet wall tiles are patterned, so tiling works are substantial.

i'm going for a contractor because many IDs' quote are almost double of what i got from contractors for identical works. many contractors will also coordinate the electrical, carpentry etc for you, it's not much different from ID. the only thing is they may not have 3D drawing (but their hand-drawn 3D is impressive!). many contractors also don't speak english well, but i like it that they don't gek kao with you if you get them to help or add some stuff. IDs will usually charge accordingly.

For me, I'm very sure of what I want and the layout etc, so having an ID is redundant and I really can't afford to pay 60k for reno currently. so if u would like to save some cash, you can go meet a few IDs and get ideas, before going to a contractor. :sport-smiley-018:

my budget is 30k and so far 2 contractors' quote has been around there. amazingly, both contractors have the exact same cost for a few rooms despite different breakdowns! so i reckon that must be the market rate.

i've met one contractor-ID who speaks good english and provides ID drawing but charges similar prices with contractors, if you're interested I can share the contact. we went down to view one of his completed projects, and owner seem happy, workmanship pretty decent and have pretty good attitude too.

Hi theitsybits,

Planning to start my renovation in Dec. Still looking for contractors. Do you mind PM me your contractors contact?

Thank you so much!

Hi,

I came across your blog and forum. Could you message me the contacts and quote of your contractor?

I am looking for one and he seems a really nice person!

Thanks!

If you still have the quote, please do email me at gyver1985@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot!

Hi Jaykr, could you share with me how do you transport the craftstone from Malaysia back to SG? The amount you paid is only for labour excludes cost of brick right?

Hi, apologies but I forgot, but you can ask the craftstone lady to calculate for you or your contractor.

Hi jaykr, mind sharing how many cartons of craftstones you bought for a 12ft long wall? Thanks!

Hi does anyone have the Malaysian contact for craftstone or manage to get it from jaykr? With the extremely SGD to RM exchange rate, it could be well worth it.In addition,

1. What's the cost for 12 feet of craftstone (from Malaysia)?
2. Does it contain tinge of red like the usual craftstone walls found locally or is it just purely white throughout.
Thanks

On 6/26/2012 at 11:06 PM, theitsybits said:

hello..here you go:

7227411294_c2a752c364_z.jpg

Hi theitsybits, 

May i know the condition of your tiles currently? Contemplating to get this for flooring. Can you also pm me the company which did your carpentry so as to avoid, thanks!

• Like 1