Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kajua

Any Review On "impress 21" Reno Company?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Had been reading Renotalk forum for the past few weeks . Decided to register today and ask start to look for contractor since my 1st appointment is coming near. Can someone Pm me Impress 21 contact ? Btw , is he a HDB license contractor ?

Hi,

I am a newbie here. Is anyone out there can provide me with advise (Pricing, Workmanship, Services) on Impress21 ID firms which I am going to shortlist to renovate my house? I need to make a decision by end of this month if not I wont have time to design and select materials for my house. Hope I can get reply from anyone asap.

Thanks

Hi oogachaga, my place is currently renovating by Henry from Impress 21 as well.

We do feel that he is comfortable to work with and very responsive in our enquiry. They are not the lowest quotation but they had good workmanship warranty.

Hi Deepwhite,

Yes..I am pleased with the work so far, considering that I am quite fussy :)

His quotation is reasonable, as I compare item to item with other firms. And most important of all, he has a reputation for being responsible and trustworthy, and so far, he has not proven me wrong. And I engaged my own contractors to polish the marble, and install the new doors...he was okay with it.

Do check out my blog...my renovation is almost complete, and am quite happy with the results.

Do share photos of your completed renovation.

:yamseng:

Hi oogachaga, my place is currently renovating by Henry from Impress 21 as well.

We do feel that he is comfortable to work with and very responsive in our enquiry. They are not the lowest quotation but they had good workmanship warranty.

I took the plunge with this firm, and I am overall very pleased with their work so far :), and Henry has proven to be a responsible person ( can search in this forum and singaporebrides for more reviews, though not many photos)

The workers have all displayed good work attitude, and rectifications are done willingly without any black face or complaints eg installing my dishwasher was a headache, they had to shift it in and out of the tight spot at least 6x to adjust; had to reinistall the 2 basins because not level ; reinstall my Welmi kitchen bar 3x because didnt like the position...( I am very meticulous :) )

Do remember that my renovation is not finsihed yet, and no clean up has been done yet. The photos posted are taken as is and hopefully can convey the workmanship/quality.

Yard toilet after tiling - only flooring done because of water ponding - hacked and tiled, original wall tiles remain due to budget constrains

P1020262.jpg

Yard toilet tiling close up - debris is still around

P1020265.jpg

Kitchen ( complete makeover ) showing lower cabinets - top of handles flushed and in line with oven

P1020582.jpg

Drawer cabinet corner closeup

P1020606.jpg

Closeup of the corner - corner touched up as I am using 1 mm glossy laminate; laminates well done and not "wavy"

P1020609.jpg

Plumbing and PD doors installed yesterday....Will post photos of the plumbing works

I agree with Soundwave especially on the carpentry part.

My sis engaged Henry and he does not have 3D drawings its all sketch work which is very arbitrary, not sure how much his sub-contractor understood also. The end product was almost 20 to 30% different from what she had requested. Its not that bad, but its just not what she wanted. Defeats the purpose of custom made cabinet right ?

And its quite difficult to deal with Henry when something like this happens, because he pushes you to reason with his sub-contractor. Very stressful situation.

Thats why for me I still waited for *****, although the quotation itself took 3 weeks to come, I think maybe nowadays have to wait longer and maybe even more pricer... but even though they dont have 3D drawing, I could say their "sketches" also make you feel confident. I jus got my carpentry all done up few days ago, and I'm satisfied. It was worth the wait and premium.

On other hand, I heard of you pay peanuts you get monkeys, but for my sis I have to joke with her you paid donuts still you got monkeys. Henry price is more economical, no doubt.

So if you engage them.. just be careful on parts like this lor...

Edited by monica

Currently shortlisting them and another contractor. Thou items vary, overall their cost is lower, in fact quite significant abt 8k.

Just wondering if anyone who's used Impress 21 can give me some feedback.

Btw, Henry attended to me.

Thanks! :)

me also request quotation from Impress 21 (henry). quite efficient received within 4 days. found that his price is reasonable. but of cos I wanna compare more contractors. email H* Be* but no response. Any one here has any other contractors recommendation/quotation can PM me?cos i only know of these two names.

Thank you all !!

Okie lah, not the best. My piglet dun like them. Stick to ho bee if you are looking for contractor

Hi, do you mind sharing the cons? What exactly prompt your the other half in disliking this contractor?

Would very much appreciate feedback on them.

Thanks