Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
denimart

Pokey In The City

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

The rim of my sink is not hollow, my plumber glued the entire sink using gel-type silicon onto the Quartz counter top, leaving no gap between them. Even if the anti-fungus compound worn off after a few years, i can redo the silicon myself.

I like top mount, so long the silicon is done properly, dont see there is any problem. Cant say the same for undermount, if your contractor lousy, you will have a lot of problem down the road, water sip through causing the cabinet wood to rot away slowly bit by bit and there is no way to remove or change the sink or fix the rotting cabinet, you will cry if you need to hack away to rebuild.

Thanks for the clarification :yamseng:

This is my floor plan. :) Quite similar to most 5 rooms in cassia crescent.

We were hunting in the mountbattern area for at least 6 months and finally settled on this one mainly because of the floor plan. So since you're interested in floor plans around our area, these are the other 5 rooms we checked out here.

This is in the newer pine close blocks(your block too i think).. I liked the distance of the block to the station but not this floor plan, especially the narrow living room.

And this is in the older pine close block. Super nice big living and dining.. It was a toss up between cassia cres and this and the one, and the bigger mbr and toilet location was the deal clincher.

Hi thanks for showing us the floorplan, was really eye opener for me at least to see different layout in the same area. We've only seen three different house in this area and we bought ours. I remember the first one we goes to was at Cassia, the owner open up his kitchen and do away with the service balcony it makes his kitchen amazingly big but the rest of his house was pretty nothing much to mention. Anyway we are talking about 4 rooms...those that u shown us and yours are 5 room they were so much bigger. Really interesting so big difference in floorplan within the same area. :yamseng:

hello hello...

realised that you are my neighbour. i tried figuring which block u stayed in, and highly possible that we stay in the same block from ur carpark view.

and i grew up and lived at old airport rd all my life (previously was staying at dakota crescent) and talk abt nice food, ask me about it!! hehe.

wow.. can i visit ur house once its done :P

Well, u are welcome to visit my house for sure. Did u just move in or were living there for some time? We used to rent a flat across our block few years back, we simply fell in love with the area and the food. :dribble:

How's your oak parquet? Installed already? Show photo leh..

Still installing, will show progress soon :yamseng:

I'm also looking forward to seeing denimart's oak plank floor!

Thanks will update soon. :D

Ok folks, too long never update my blog. Not that we don't wana update but the progress was really slow so I decided not to show pics till more stuff has been done. We also realise is slow but is an agreement between me and my con in exchange for quality workmanship. He keep remind me "if we don't do properly now, later in future u might face alot of problems" and so i totally agreed... During these time I hardly visit my place and don't even knew who did my house, only my con knew who they are. My wife? I think she never even visit our place at all...we totally leave it to my con. Another reason why we never update the blog also becos theres no light anymore, once in awhile i visited during late evening and theres no way i could take any pics without light.

Now backtrack abit....26th May 2012

Electrical work in progress by this time:

DSCF2268.jpg

DSCF2267.jpg

Plumbing work already begins at an early stage:

DSCF2270.jpg

9th June 2012

False ceiling and box-up for the bathroom pipe were done, plumbing were halfway done and i guess wiring were pretty done too. Timber flooring were still on-going today.

DSCF2364.jpg

DSCF2366.jpg

DSCF2359.jpg

DSCF2360.jpg

DSCF2361.jpg

9th June 2012 continues...

False ceiling up:

DSCF2367.jpg

Partial false ceiling for master bedroom up:

DSCF2370.jpg

Box-up for WIW:

DSCF2352.jpg

Since I saw the window, i recalled my con told me he instructed the installer to flush all windows to level with the wall. The previous windows by HDB were randomly installed in and out of the window wall, I didn't even noticed all these details till he informed me after windows were installed.

DSCF2350.jpg

DSCF2351.jpg

Hi Denimart :D

Glad to see you are getting Morgan to do up your timber flooring.

You are in great hands!

All my projects done by him had no complains from my owners at all.

Infact, i will be getting him to do up some special timber features for my showroom soon!

9th June 2012 continues...

At this time, some drama starts. Not sure did i mention about this unfriendly Amg Mok dude previously whom came to my place somewhere at the beginning of my reno due to some hacking noise that wasn't produced by us cos at that time is already over 7pm and there was no workers when i visited my place. At that time he was trying to complain and looking at the reno permit pasted outside my door while doing the phone calling action, I happens to see him and he confronted by asking "who is working right now?", I explained theres no one working and noise might be coming from upstairs. He really went all the way upstairs just to search for the culprit.

To think that i always thought singaporeans including myself are the one that always complain, I was so wrong....this dude suddenly appeared outside my door today again and was looking closely at my permit again while talking over the phone, he was probably calling HDB to complain!! Thinking don't wana get my con and morgan into trouble i faster walk to him and overheard him giving his name and contact to the party over the phone, I tried to talk to him but he simply ignored me. At this time I quickly request the floor worker to stop working and turned to him again.

He finally gave a harsh tone: "your ppl should stop working right now!"

I returned with a veery nice tone "I already ask him to stop, he's just a worker he don't know anything about rules" and I continue "Do me a favour, pls don't complain?" (thinking my con and morgan might kena if he does so, anyway he already did)

Now he return with a shrewd grin, putting down the phone and walking away without saying anything....wtf (my wife witnessed this too, later when we discussed she told me she overheard him already complain even though he walk away)

Later on, i tried to calm the poor worker thinking he probably getting a shock from such dude, told him to pack and KO early. To my surprise, he is so committed that he wants to continue and mention that he got another hour to finish. After much persuasion he finally back down to insist on pasting timbers to the last portion of glue which already place on the floor, and much persuasion to finally agreed to finish up the last piece of timber which was half done pasting on the glue. Before i could say anything he hammer away to ensure the alignment and stapling it on the floor. This freaks me up as it produced alot of noise...., then i was really impressed by his commitment and perseverance attitude towards his work...lol Amazingly committed worker!

Last portion of glue that were yet to finish:

DSCF2355.jpg

Poor worker scooping up the glue as it can't be left there without continue to paste the timber. A v nice friendly committed worker, THANK U

DSCF2357.jpg

Hi Denimart :D

Glad to see you are getting Morgan to do up your timber flooring.

You are in great hands!

All my projects done by him had no complains from my owners at all.

Infact, i will be getting him to do up some special timber features for my showroom soon!

Hey I heard and seen your great work in this forum. Thank u so much for dropping by. I agreed with u Morgan are v responsible, can't wait to see the finish product!! :thumbs up: