Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
denimart

Pokey In The City

Hi denimart, did u study ard old airport rd when u were young? Haha..

Actu my parents' place is at old airport rd, and same as u, we used to live in rental flats at Dakota crescent for decades till in the late 90s we had the priority to choose pine close new flats n thus shifted across the street.

This is an awesome neighborhood. Great food ( u'll never starve with the big hawker centre, numerous coffee shops, grocery shops, 24hrs mac, 24hrs NTUC all within a stone throw), accessibility (it takes me 3min to reach circle line station) and great schools ard. Only now that I m researching on nursery for my baby, that I realized Mountbatten Square has many of the real gd nurserys & child care!

But sad to say I'll b shifting to another mature estate as my bto is already undergoing last stage of Reno! I'll miss this area for sure!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Conceal piping at shower area is really neat!

66357113.jpg

64939367.jpg

hihi - very nice rainshower :) nice orange.

btw can you PM me the contact for your contractor and how much has your reno cost?

Thanks!

love the rainshower.. so cheerful... love ur mosaic too!

can share where u get the rainshower?

can PM me ur ID/contractor n cost too?

hihi - very nice rainshower :) nice orange.

btw can you PM me the contact for your contractor and how much has your reno cost?

Thanks!

Thanks for liking my cheapo rainshower, cost only $99 without the mixer.

My friend that helps me with my reno dont undertake hdb flat project, they only do government tenders, landed and condo projects in large scale. Their firm is not ID or contractor but architectural designer and builder; not wise to engage them unless you have lot of $ to burn. They will undertake hdb flat for people they know (personal friends... etc).

I bought my current flat from an Indian man that rented the whole house to foreign workers for their living quarter, the condition of the house when i took over was in REAL bad condition, the squat toilet bowl looks like it has never been wash for a decade or more. Basically i hacked the whole house... floor, wall, ceiling, rotting furniture, bed bugs infested cabinets, all doors and windows, re-run electrical from DB, all new copper piping for water and repair the rotting incoming main water pipe.

Reno in the house - $26,000

Carpentry - $20,000

Thanks for liking my cheapo rainshower, cost only $99 without the mixer.

My friend that helps me with my reno dont undertake hdb flat project, they only do government tenders, landed and condo projects in large scale. Their firm is not ID or contractor but architectural designer and builder; not wise to engage them unless you have lot of $ to burn. They will undertake hdb flat for people they know (personal friends... etc).

I bought my current flat from an Indian man that rented the whole house to foreign workers for their living quarter, the condition of the house when i took over was in REAL bad condition, the squat toilet bowl looks like it has never been wash for a decade or more. Basically i hacked the whole house... floor, wall, ceiling, rotting furniture, bed bugs infested cabinets, all doors and windows, re-run electrical from DB, all new copper piping for water and repair the rotting incoming main water pipe.

Reno in the house - $26,000

Carpentry - $20,000

show more pics of your custom carpentry leh....

love the rainshower.. so cheerful... love ur mosaic too!

can share where u get the rainshower?

can PM me ur ID/contractor n cost too?

Rainshower bought from City Gas at special promotion price of $99 together with their gas water heater ($168).

show more pics of your custom carpentry leh....

I'm too poor to own a DSLR, can't capture the details with a cheapo point & shoot camera.

All white white also nothing to see.

Tachipanda, i love yr blue sofa and cushion mix. Great choice.

Some suggestions and hope u dun mind.

1) some artwork behind your sofa. I think typo in wisma may have fun n comtemporary painting that suits your modern house.

2) can change your take-ko to stainless type... To many colours liao la

3) change your hangers to all white lei

Your house is airy, bright and i really love the pop of turquoise :)

Tachipanda, i love yr blue sofa and cushion mix. Great choice.

Some suggestions and hope u dun mind.

1) some artwork behind your sofa. I think typo in wisma may have fun n comtemporary painting that suits your modern house.

2) can change your take-ko to stainless type... To many colours liao la

3) change your hangers to all white lei

Your house is airy, bright and i really love the pop of turquoise :)

Thanks for your suggestion, appreciate them. :yamseng:

1) Wall behind sofa is partition, so cant hang heavy painting without the use of ugly wall plug. Reserved for special wallpaper.

2) Colorful take-ko is wifey idea, she happy can le.

3) Wifey just bought those colorful hangers from Giant, so cant change them.

The pop of turquoise is also wifey's idea; she is a colorful person. :bow:

Hi Tachipanda,

The printed painting (more like typography art) from Typo is very light weight. Can use 3m tape, so you can hang anywhere. Wow..looking forward to your wall paper.

Raw solid oak top for computer table

Alb, thanks for the pics on the table. It looks really good in your home. In fact, your entire home looks really awesome :good: . Hope ours will turn out as good as yours too.

Just an update, i've reflected to my con that we felt the pipping wasn't very parallel to each other as one of them must be slanted, the spray beside the WC also too high and the box up on the top left in our MBR bathroom kinda bulky taking up too much space. His answer was he wants it to be similar in size to the beam and the rest of box up so they looks uniform. Anyway he will amend all these for me on the later part of reno including those broken tiles during installation of plumbing, how nice.

DSCF2363.jpg

DSCF2361.jpg

DSCF2346.jpg