denimart

Pokey In The City

Kitchen cabinet (Left)

51540473.jpg

Kitchen cabinet (Right)

27577894.jpg

Kitchen (view from living room)

94029188.jpg

Can you tell the differences between the 3 shades of white?

85585476.jpg

Wow Tachipanda! Love your white themed kitchen cabinets. With the blum and hettich systems. Went to check out the blum showroom at ubi. Amazing systems i would say. Have you seen the servo automated system from blum? Cool stuff! Hehe i managed to download the blum pricelists as well hohoho :sport-smiley-004:

Your lights are simple and pretty!

Cheers :yamseng:

Mike

Edited by mikeyong500

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wow Tachipanda! Love your white themed kitchen cabinets. With the blum and hettich systems. Went to check out the blum showroom at ubi. Amazing systems i would say. Have you seen the servo automated system from blum? Cool stuff! Hehe i managed to download the blum pricelists as well hohoho :sport-smiley-004:

Your lights are simple and pretty!

Cheers :yamseng:

Mike

initially i wanted to install 2 servo drive for my top cabinet, in the end talk out by my designer friend.

they are just lights... no need to be fanciful or complicated. love the price tag of ikea ball light.

initially i wanted to install 2 servo drive for my top cabinet, in the end talk out by my designer friend.

they are just lights... no need to be fanciful or complicated. love the price tag of ikea ball light.

Hmmm? Talked out by your designer friend? Why so? Are they not good enough?

Mike

Hmmm? Talked out by your designer friend? Why so? Are they not good enough?

Mike

they are good but expensive... each servo drive for aventos hk lift-up system for 1 cabinet is $850, the aventos hk system is $120 each, need 2 for 1 cabinet so just hardware will cost $1,090 for 1 top cabinet.

they are good but expensive... each servo drive for aventos hk lift-up system for 1 cabinet is $850, the aventos hk system is $120 each, need 2 for 1 cabinet so just hardware will cost $1,090 for 1 top cabinet.

:rolleyes: Totally agreed. Bobian advance technology is like dat de.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Taichipanda, Some questions regarding the hood. Is your hood screwed in to the wall or sides of the cabinet? IS there a gap between the top of the hood and the cabinet? How wide is the gap?

anybody using the iquartz? I can't seem to find its material safety datasheet, not sure if its safe for kitchen top use. its website has a report but the report states its moh's hardness scale is same as granite, isnt it suppose to be quartz?

Hi Taichipanda, Some questions regarding the hood. Is your hood screwed in to the wall or sides of the cabinet? IS there a gap between the top of the hood and the cabinet? How wide is the gap?

Mine almost no gap. This is due to the carpenter bring my hood back to factory to custom fit when building my top cabinet.

Let me go home tonight and check again.

anybody using the iquartz? I can't seem to find its material safety datasheet, not sure if its safe for kitchen top use. its website has a report but the report states its moh's hardness scale is same as granite, isnt it suppose to be quartz?

iQuartz is also quartz but their thickness is 15mm, not sure if they have 20mm and 30mm, their color also limited. If you dont mind the thickness and the color, and if they can offer it cheap to you (rough gauge $150-$200 pfr), you can go for it.

CaesarStone is between $220-$250 while SilesStone is between $180-$280; both brands subject to size of slab and color.

Mine almost no gap. This is due to the carpenter bring my hood back to factory to custom fit when building my top cabinet.

Let me go home tonight and check again.

Thanks for the info. I have the same hood and the gap seems very wide, 2cm from top of hood to bottom of cabinet. So if yours is almost no gap,I'll need to get my carpenter to do some rework.

Also my hood is just slide in between the gap, supported by the 2 pieces of wood, not secured using screws. Is your the same way? I was told it is standard practice.

Thanks for the info. I have the same hood and the gap seems very wide, 2cm from top of hood to bottom of cabinet. So if yours is almost no gap,I'll need to get my carpenter to do some rework.

Also my hood is just slide in between the gap, supported by the 2 pieces of wood, not secured using screws. Is your the same way? I was told it is standard practice.

Should be able to see from this picture. I think if your carpenter rework for you, also cannot be like mine.

27577894.jpg

Edited by taichipanda

Just checked mine... confirmed no gap and the hood is secure to cabinet by 4 screws, bottom of hood and bottom of top cabinet is level.

Just checked mine... confirmed no gap and the hood is secure to cabinet by 4 screws, bottom of hood and bottom of top cabinet is level.

OK thanks, Look like my carpenter is using a different way to place the hood.

Hi matrix, my hood was originally like yours, with v visible gaps between the cabinets. I saw that other people's hood had no gaps and fitted nicely, so I requested for contractor to rectify, which he did. But he mentioned we won't be able to change hood easily next time, but I was prepared to live with that.

iQuartz is also quartz but their thickness is 15mm, not sure if they have 20mm and 30mm, their color also limited. If you dont mind the thickness and the color, and if they can offer it cheap to you (rough gauge $150-$200 pfr), you can go for it.

CaesarStone is between $220-$250 while SilesStone is between $180-$280; both brands subject to size of slab and color.

I checked the price is $120 to $150 pfr. what i am considering is not just whether it is quartz, because kitchen top has to pass a material safety test. the quartz is only 93% and there are 7% of resin mixed inside. The resin has to be tested to be safe for food preparation and have low VOC. silestone and caesarstone have the material safety datasheet. tried to get from iquartz but they ignore since i asked for it