Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Yun69

How Long Does It Takes To Sell A House (Roughly)

Hi everyone

It has been >3 months and my house is still unsold. Is the resale mkt slow now? There are many viewers who came to view my house and so far the response is not too bad BUT still nobody purchase it. Becoz of my unit unsold, I have stopped visitin my dream houses as well as I find it pointless. My agent from CBRE has agreed tat we can find another agent and buy/sell the house at the same time.

Understand that buyin a house involves a huge sum of $$ but I noe of cases whose houses were sold less than 3mths. Wonder if my agent is not experienced enough or the mkt is not doing well haha.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi everyone

It has been >3 months and my house is still unsold. Is the resale mkt slow now? There are many viewers who came to view my house and so far the response is not too bad BUT still nobody purchase it. Becoz of my unit unsold, I have stopped visitin my dream houses as well as I find it pointless. My agent from CBRE has agreed tat we can find another agent and buy/sell the house at the same time.

Understand that buyin a house involves a huge sum of $$ but I noe of cases whose houses were sold less than 3mths. Wonder if my agent is not experienced enough or the mkt is not doing well haha.

is yours hdb or private? when you say your house, its not obvious whether yours is hdb or private.

COV has gone done so maybe if your COV is too high, no one dares to offer (if yours if hdb).

If yours if private condo, maybe market is slightly slower at the moment?

Hi everyone

Hi,

May I ask if it's HDB or Private?

For HDB I have sold on the first day itself :), for Private it usually takes a little longer, most homes can be sold between 1 to 6-months.

Depends on a few factors like price, location, the home interior...etc

How many viewers has your agent brought in the 3-months, no offers at all?

Best,

Mark

hi may.. thks for the reply.. I'm tryin to sell off my condo then buy a resale Hdb . yup I read fr yahoo tat the cov actually came dwn but we actually still met Hm owners who r asking for 90k cov located at serangoon, walkin dist to nexx but then the hse is reali dirty n old n may require 100% renov. tats bad!!

hi plastic.. my unit is located in the NE line, near mrt. gt offer but mayb they wana hold it first. everytime the viewers came to view my hse, they hav gd feedback but somehw no luck yet. btw u r lucky,, managed to sell ur Hdb on the first day.. hw I wish I can sell mine b4 June ( tat will b 6mths ) arrives haha nvm I hav gt another agent fr DWG, hope she can help me sell my hse asap.. can't wait to start off my 2nd hse Renov :))))

The price may be too high, you could have reached that holding point (peak) of the market that people aren't willing to offer. A good price unit can be snapped up on the same day it is advertised. Just something to think about.

For your next unit, look past the exterior, if you are in Renotalk chances are you are going to do a 100% renovation anyway. Look at the other attributes such as the basic structure (eg. leaking roofs and such) rather than the trimmings.

I think luck plays a part too :sport-smiley-018:

My EM was in the market for 5 months b4 the right buyer came along...so must really have the patience to wait..

dun worry...who knows the next viewer is your right buyer :yamseng:

hi may.. thks for the reply.. I'm tryin to sell off my condo then buy a resale Hdb . yup I read fr yahoo tat the cov actually came dwn but we actually still met Hm owners who r asking for 90k cov located at serangoon, walkin dist to nexx but then the hse is reali dirty n old n may require 100% renov. tats bad!!

hi plastic.. my unit is located in the NE line, near mrt. gt offer but mayb they wana hold it first. everytime the viewers came to view my hse, they hav gd feedback but somehw no luck yet. btw u r lucky,, managed to sell ur Hdb on the first day.. hw I wish I can sell mine b4 June ( tat will b 6mths ) arrives haha nvm I hav gt another agent fr DWG, hope she can help me sell my hse asap.. can't wait to start off my 2nd hse Renov :))))

Near MRT shouldn't be too hard to sell, just need the right buyer to come along, good luck!

(btw, I'm also from DWG ^^)

Its all about luck and meeting the right buyer...I sold my house on the same day..

cheers..

Edited by Nivle

Understand how you felt. It is all about luck and meeting the right buyer. A house appeals to different ppl differently. We just sold my EC early May. Started off in Mar and was initially very enthusiastic. But slowly became more and more disappointed as there weren't any offers despite numerous viewings. Wife and I even agreed that we will abort the whole idea by end of May. Somehow, after we made that decision, the right offer came along! In fact, our house was the FIRST viewed by the buyer and he made an offer immediately, which was acceptable to us.

I would also like to highlight that you need to be realistic about your asking price. That is probably a big factor in determining whether you sell your property fast. We started off wanting $1.1mil for our unit. That price will smash whatever record held for my condo. Needless to say, there wasn't any interest. Not even when we dropped the asking to $1.08 upon advice by my agent. Even then, interests only coming in when we dropped further to $1.05mil. We finally sold at $1.03mil, which is still a respectable price (my next door neighbour with the same unit type sold for $1mil).

Lastly, must say my agent was very helpful. She always note down the feedback by the viewers and will advise me on how to prepare for the next viewing. Try to also schedule viewings during periods which emphasize the good points of your unit. Eg, I always schedule during late afternoons as my block is the only throughout the estate that doesn't get any direct sun. And from my unit, you can see the rest baking under the strong sunlight!

I wish you all the best in your sale. Hopefully, the right buyer will come along soon.

Edited by Minerat

Hi all

Thought I could share a piece of good news here! my hse is finally SOLD. Hapi but then here comes another worry.. I will b homeless until I purchase a resale flat. The listings my agent gav wasnt pleasing n I wonder who came out wif COV.. many homeowners r askin for min 50k COV for a 5rm HDB. omg!! tis is atrocious man.. is tis amount usual?

Didn't you get any COV on the unit you just sold?

condo have no "COV" per se as there are not official valuation. Banks can just valued it as whatever was the selling price. no need to ask valuer to come and assess the value of the condo.

Congrats! That's usually the 2nd problem after you have finally sold your house, the fear that you cannot find your dream house. My wife was very reluctant to sell because of that. Good luck in your house hunting.