Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dapliew

Our New Home

Hihi Ongcs. How much did you pay for your 65"VT50? I had made a deposit for 55"VT50

Like you, I am going to setup 5.1 at my living room too :yamseng:

Edited by jwsh

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hihi Ongcs. How much did you pay for your 65"VT50? I had made a deposit for 55"VT50

Like you, I am going to setup 5.1 at my living room too :yamseng:

Hi jwsh, I paid $4.7k for my 65" plasma tv. In fact, like you, I bought the 55" and changed to 65" instead.

I don't really liked the side border of the 55" protruding out while the border 65" is flat with the screen.

Prob if possible, can consider upgrading to 65" if your budget allows. Once you are a bigger screen, hard to downgrade back especially for movie purposes.

Further, plan ahead if you want to achieve 5.1 setup in your living room. How you going to lay the rear cables in exposed trunking or via concealed. Cheers!

Edited by ongcs

I am getting my friend to do sound acoustics treatment for living room to design and dictate the correct materials for my tv console, tv feature , false ceiling and cabling to ensure sufficient bass trap and prevent rattling. It is great to do this during renovation stage

I am getting my friend to do sound acoustics treatment for living room to design and dictate the correct materials for my tv console, tv feature , false ceiling and cabling to ensure sufficient bass trap and prevent rattling. It is great to do this during renovation stage

Great to hear that, always need to plan in advance.

Yes, I agreed, read your thread too, always good to shop in Amazon :sport-smiley-004: OXO & Simplehuman are nice! Been keeping a lookout for oxo deals, they do have some good & sturdy household stuffs :thumbs up:

You got yourself a good deal on Aktimate on your 2.1 :dribble: In fact, it puts me on the reconsideration mood on Aktimate mini or Audio Engine 5+ :dunno: for my apple systems.

Maybe you should try to bring your wife for an audition on the 5.1 setup, miracle might happens! Happy shopping!

Well, for the good value on Aktimate, I had to forgo the warranty. Keeping my finger cross that it will not break down.

Go for the Mini, you wont regret it! I using that for my desktop. Now I'm thinking of the Mirco for my wife.. :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Here comes my 3 channels power amp for my LCR speakers. Emotiva XPA-3

973AF34B-02D0-411F-8570-E507DEEE8347-288-00000012937BF22A.jpg

Collected my rear speaker stands yesterday, brought to my new place this evening, with rear speakers mounted.

BEFC120A-5231-41F1-A25E-E1027C4BEF70-288-0000001299584DF1.jpg

Emotiva :good: :good: The shipping must have cost a bomb :jawdrop:

Where did you purchase your speaker stands? What brand? How much? Looking for one set for my bedroom... :yamseng:

Where did you purchase your speaker stands? What brand? How much? Looking for one set for my bedroom... :yamseng:

Hi like to know as well

May i know whats the dimension of the top plate? Whats the height of the stand?

Does it comes it black?

Cheers

Well, for the good value on Aktimate, I had to forgo the warranty. Keeping my finger cross that it will not break down.

Go for the Mini, you wont regret it! I using that for my desktop. Now I'm thinking of the Mirco for my wife.. :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Any recommendation of 3rd party forwarder for Amazon UK? I found a deal for Aktimate Mini in black worth 250 pounds excluding shipping charges. Prob I need to go for an audition in Adelphi before concluding my decision. Although I would love to have White or maybe bamboo coloured speakers for my mac systems. :P

Audition Micro already? :dribble:

Any recommendation of 3rd party forwarder for Amazon UK? I found a deal for Aktimate Mini in black worth 250 pounds excluding shipping charges. Prob I need to go for an audition in Adelphi before concluding my decision. Although I would love to have White or maybe bamboo coloured speakers for my mac systems. :P

Audition Micro already? :dribble:

I got my Mini for 250 pounds too. But it is also in Black although I prefer white. But bear in mind that the discounted Mini is probably previous model. There is a new improved Mini on the market now.

I did not used any forwarder from UK as my friend help me bring it back.

Bamboo coloured speaker? Is there any in the market?

Hi like to know as well

May i know whats the dimension of the top plate? Whats the height of the stand?

Does it comes it black?

Cheers

To both, I got my rear speaker stands from my speaker brand, Monitor Audio, seems like it is strictly for Radius HD, the serie for my rear speaker. No idea it works for other brands if you are considering that as an option. Paid S$280 inclusive of gst, self collection, not really heavy though.

Picture speaks a thousand words, it is mounted from behind instead of the speaker seating on the plate.

stands.large.jpg

It comes in 3 colours, Black, Silver & White. Height is 98cm. Radius HD Stand

I got my Mini for 250 pounds too. But it is also in Black although I prefer white. But bear in mind that the discounted Mini is probably previous model. There is a new improved Mini on the market now.

I did not used any forwarder from UK as my friend help me bring it back.

Bamboo coloured speaker? Is there any in the market?

You got yourself a good deal since your friend brought back for you.

Maybe I didnt made myself clear enough, I'm refering to Audio Engine A5+ Audioengine 5 Audioengine 5+

A5plusN-lifestyle-best.jpg

A5plusW-lifestyle-best.jpg

A5plusB_iMac.jpg

Supposed to be on par to Aktimate, end of day's conclusion, it depends on your ears again. Best to audition both :sport-smiley-004:

To both, I got my rear speaker stands from my speaker brand, Monitor Audio, seems like it is strictly for Radius HD, the serie for my rear speaker. No idea it works for other brands if you are considering that as an option. Paid S$280 inclusive of gst, self collection, not really heavy though.

Picture speaks a thousand words, it is mounted from behind instead of the speaker seating on the plate.

It comes in 3 colours, Black, Silver & White. Height is 98cm. Radius HD Stand

I see... Thanks! Guess I have to keep looking. But nice stands though. :dribble: :dribble:

You got yourself a good deal since your friend brought back for you.

Maybe I didnt made myself clear enough, I'm refering to Audio Engine A5+ Audioengine 5 Audioengine 5+

A5plusN-lifestyle-best.jpg

A5plusW-lifestyle-best.jpg

A5plusB_iMac.jpg

Supposed to be on par to Aktimate, end of day's conclusion, it depends on your ears again. Best to audition both :sport-smiley-004:

Ahhhh..... I see.... But I prefer the white AE. And I also think for just aesthetic, AE looks nicer than Aktimate.

I'm not sure of the size of this AE compare to Mini but after I put the Mini together with my Apple monitor, my wife complained I occupied too much space on the study table.. :dunno: :dunno: :furious:

And I have not audition the Micro yet. But I guess the sound quality will not be far off as they are from the same family.

Maybe you can consider this? Definitive Technology ProStand 600/800 Speaker Stands (Pair, White)

Maybe you can try to wall mount your speakers for your room? :dunno: If book shelf type, no go on wall mount. :o

Chio..... :dribble: :dribble:

U really bad influence... I suppose to stop looking at Amazon and now my backside itchy again...

My wife is going to kill me :jawdrop: :jawdrop: