Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dapliew

Our New Home

100% markup!?!? Ok, how you managed to get from distro - you got load of spare cables?!!! :notti: More reading stuff, ha ha.

True, now that you have mentioned it - should at least plan for such possibilities, so that if it does becomes real, got the location/stuff for it. More things to plan, but got the time. So, ok, will keep that in mind.

Thanks!

I got 1 big roll left, those who need it, can buy from me at cost. I steady de, wont mark up! :sport-smiley-004: just got to self collect. I cut the length to special request. :notti:

:yamseng: :yamseng:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Jiat lat, i dun understand what you are saying... If I remember correctly, there is 1 LAN port in ST. What is same ssid, patch panel and daisy chained? If it helps... mine is a resale condo, I believe the developer already have the LAN faceplate installed, with a string inside for contractor to pull cat 6 cable and link up the LAN (if what I understand is correct). What the contractor did was to pull the cat 6 cable through the LAN port and also did the prep work for opennet to install the fibre optic cos we have to do it concealed as per condo management's rule. I told him how/where I wanna use my devices and he told me all I have to do is to buy wireless access point and use at the two LAN port.

umm, in layman's terms, that probably means they probably somehow split that single LAN port in ST into 2 - could be daisy-chained (i.e. sequentially linked) or split just behind the faceplate (more likely)...think i've seen that before...mind you, i'm not the networking/wiring expert...

regardless, your ONT should be capable of assigning IP addresses to your 2 LAN points when both routers come online...let me go home and check the config of mine...then you should still buy 2 routers, configure both with same SSID but 2nd one with a different channel...gotta get creative on the address ranges though ...

*scratch head*

this one mebbe gotta try try...like i said, i'm not a network expert...

Hmm... Depending on the ONT - if it is also a router, it would be better to setup your 2 other routers as a past-through so that the ONT router is the one that assigns the IP addresses and you would not have issues with IP addresses clashing when devices are connected to the 2 routers.

Hmm... Depending on the ONT - if it is also a router, it would be better to setup your 2 other routers as a past-through so that the ONT router is the one that assigns the IP addresses and you would not have issues with IP addresses clashing when devices are connected to the 2 routers.

Yes, which is AP aka Access point in this case. :sport-smiley-004:

ya...and both routers must be configured to use different wireless channels to prevent conflict...

ya...and both routers must be configured to use different wireless channels to prevent conflict...

Haha...when you turned technical, I scared they dont understand. SSID, etc. :P

Erm.. is this advice for me?

Anyway, will take a picture of the db box hopefully later and post up here. Thanks guys!

Of course. Er, I thought that was pointed out before by ong (or was it you?) so don't have to make that point again. :bleah:

Anyway, will take a picture of the db box hopefully later and post up here. Thanks guys!

Er... I think so, you looking at 2 wireless routers/AP, right?

will wait for it, to resolve the mystery instead of speculating it.

Is it a trend these days not to install windows grills? Not worried about "spiderman"?!?!

nowadays got invisible window grills. :sport-smiley-004:

the ONT can configure for DHCP meh ? which ONT are you using ?

as ong requested, here's how mine looks - nothing fancy...

20130401205550.jpg

on top shelf is where all 3 items are : white box - TP, bottom black box is the ONT and the one stacked on top is my cisco ea4500...i actually put a stainless steel thing between the two for heat dissipation...

as ong requested, here's how mine looks - nothing fancy...

20130401205550.jpg

on top shelf is where all 3 items are : white box - TP, bottom black box is the ONT and the one stacked on top is my cisco ea4500...i actually put a stainless steel thing between the two for heat dissipation...

Can do another picture for the top only? If possible, because yours is the simple & easy to understand.