Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dapliew

Our New Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Yup, that's right. :thumbs up: again, plse look at Amazon/Taobao for bargain buys. Have fun on your renovation. :sport-smiley-004: either mine or Kim76's T-Blog.

Can hit me when unsure, post here, I will reply with my best efforts, for others to read as well.

Thanx thanx.. :yamseng: yap, gonna thanx all bro & sis here that we get to know how to order from Taobao. :sport-smiley-004:

Amcon just send me an email say our stools from Taobao just reach china port.. Looking forward to our stools.. Will post review when stools arrives.. :sport-smiley-004:

Thanx thanx.. :yamseng: yap, gonna thanx all bro & sis here that we get to know how to order from Taobao. :sport-smiley-004:

Amcon just send me an email say our stools from Taobao just reach china port.. Looking forward to our stools.. Will post review when stools arrives.. :sport-smiley-004:

Oh, you had turned victim, :notti: looked forward to it.

you **** fast hor, you also got DSLR? :dribble:

Used to have D80, sold recently. Now using Panasonic LX3, older generation of Nyet's. Also have a Canon Ixus 300HS (the one I use at Nyet's place).

Also using Gopro 3 to take fun shots... I'm quite into photography so maybe can spread a bit of poison to u? :notti: :notti: :notti:

Quite a number of people had ordered Vornado fan from US directly, however it requires transformer in order to function correctly.

So far, tested Newstar, seems to be able to power the fan at ease. Make sure at least 100watt transformer, to be safe from long hours operation.

Due to recent case of switching the transformer to wrong voltage, resulted the transformer blew, my part time domestics helper switched to the wrong voltage by accident. So, I did a small tweak to avoid similar incident to happened again.

Stuff something into the tiny hole beside 110, sealed it with clear tape so that it will not fall out.

CD57DDDF-273F-488F-AD56-03C8CAD53B07-7416-000000D477F4AC16_zpse4094ce1.jpg

Hope it will help future buyers :thumbs up:

Edited by ongcs

Used to have D80, sold recently. Now using Panasonic LX3, older generation of Nyet's. Also have a Canon Ixus 300HS (the one I use at Nyet's place).

Also using Gopro 3 to take fun shots... I'm quite into photography so maybe can spread a bit of poison to u? :notti: :notti: :notti:

No, stop stop top. 8|:bow:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Taobao really very addictive!!

do you have a T-blog? Will visit yours when free. :sport-smiley-004:

ya ya dun buy DLSR first...do room treatment first hehe

still spend spend spend Edited by ongcs

I'm back with pix. So there are actually 2 LAN port inside there, I think one port leads to the LAN port in living room, the other leads to LAN port in study.

13493CA8-E2B4-4F78-A74F-274945E6DF43-21351-000016D9E71E5196_zpsa2266193.jpg

3165E8EC-8633-45E0-8C62-5A551C31CC2C-21351-000016D9F8363B4F_zps46da78c4.jpg

595013A2-8436-48F0-A1F5-EC97E5ADB77C-21351-000016D9EFE97968_zps4100d397.jpg

ongcs and dragonnite, any idea how?

I'm back with pix. So there are actually 2 LAN port inside there, I think one port leads to the LAN port in living room, the other leads to LAN port in study.

13493CA8-E2B4-4F78-A74F-274945E6DF43-21351-000016D9E71E5196_zpsa2266193.jpg

3165E8EC-8633-45E0-8C62-5A551C31CC2C-21351-000016D9F8363B4F_zps46da78c4.jpg

595013A2-8436-48F0-A1F5-EC97E5ADB77C-21351-000016D9EFE97968_zps4100d397.jpg

ongcs and dragonnite, any idea how?

if there are only 2 LAN ports in your entire house (i.e. one each in the living and BR2), then yes, probably D1 and D2 leads to each one...this kind of connection a bit old-school...

assuming this is the case, you need a Gigabit Ethernet (GE) switch or a router in here to function as the primary DHCP (that's the guy which gives out IP addresses to your network)...i would go for a switch (min 4 port, better to get 8port if you have NAS and do downloads etc) cos you don't need a wireless thing in here...if you buy router, make sure your other wireless routers are the same brand so that config and connectivity is easy...

actually, this setup is a bit more convenient, cos you can hide your NAS and your various download equipment etc neatly in this little room and still ensure good throughput...

a possible setup would be like this:

ST : TP -> ONT -> GE switch -> CAT6 LAN cables to D1 and D2 respectively

Living : CAT6 LAN cable to wireless router 1 (config to fixed IP, set IP address range)

BR2 : CAT6 LAN cable to wireless router 2 (config to another fixed IP, same SSID as wireless router 1, different channel, different range of IP addresses from wireless router 1)

your wireless router 2 should have at least 4 GE ports so that you can have wired connections to other equipment as and when you like...wireless router 1 should be selected based on signal strength, # of GE ports not important (but nowadays they come default)...go for dual band routers with GE ports (not all manufacturers provide that) for both, as much as your budget allows...saves you having to upgrade later on etc...

wireless router 1 should be mounted as high as you can go (nowadays they can all be wall-mounted), wireless router 2 table level will do if you don't want to cover your MBR...otherwise, mount it high...the only consideration is the power point and power cabling can become ugly if you didn't plan it that way... :sport-smiley-018: hopefully you can still conceal them...

if you have >2 LAN ports in your entire house, then the above may not work...any chance of getting 2 laptops ? one put into ST and one at each LAN port, juz to test if they indeed connect to the 2 ports that you mentioned ? dun want u 2 spend money unnecessarily...testing (setting IP address, doing pings) can be a bit complicated if you're not that into computers though...

Edited by dragonnite

ong check with u...in HT pre out is it call zone huh ???

It should read as pre-out, not zone. Zone are like zoning where you can add in additional speakers and you can pipe music specifically to that Zone.

if there are only 2 LAN ports in your entire house (i.e. one each in the living and BR2), then yes, probably D1 and D2 leads to each one...this kind of connection a bit old-school...

assuming this is the case, you need a Gigabit Ethernet (GE) switch or a router in here to function as the primary DHCP (that's the guy which gives out IP addresses to your network)...i would go for a switch (min 4 port, better to get 8port if you have NAS and do downloads etc) cos you don't need a wireless thing in here...if you buy router, make sure your other wireless routers are the same brand so that config and connectivity is easy...

actually, this setup is a bit more convenient, cos you can hide your NAS and your various download equipment etc neatly in this little room and still ensure good throughput...

a possible setup would be like this:

ST : TP -> ONT -> GE switch -> CAT6 LAN cables to D1 and D2 respectively

Living : CAT6 LAN cable to wireless router 1 (config to fixed IP, set IP address range)

BR2 : CAT6 LAN cable to wireless router 2 (config to another fixed IP, same SSID as wireless router 1, different channel, different range of IP addresses from wireless router 1)

your wireless router 2 should have at least 4 GE ports so that you can have wired connections to other equipment as and when you like...wireless router 1 should be selected based on signal strength, # of GE ports not important (but nowadays they come default)...go for dual band routers with GE ports (not all manufacturers provide that) for both, as much as your budget allows...saves you having to upgrade later on etc...

wireless router 1 should be mounted as high as you can go (nowadays they can all be wall-mounted), wireless router 2 table level will do if you don't want to cover your MBR...otherwise, mount it high...the only consideration is the power point and power cabling can become ugly if you didn't plan it that way... :sport-smiley-018: hopefully you can still conceal them...

if you have >2 LAN ports in your entire house, then the above may not work...any chance of getting 2 laptops ? one put into ST and one at each LAN port, juz to test if they indeed connect to the 2 ports that you mentioned ? dun want u 2 spend money unnecessarily...testing (setting IP address, doing pings) can be a bit complicated if you're not that into computers though...

yes, 2nd that on Dragoonite's comment. That is the simplest way to go about it. Or considers my suggestion, if you find router 1's placement **** room Lan point ugly. You may need to open your ST's door for WIFI signal to be good.

ST : TP -> ONT -> Wireless router 1 -> CAT6 LAN cables to D1 and D2 respectively

BR2 : CAT6 LAN cable to wireless router 2

To check whether the ports are communicating correctly from ST to Living & BR2, I can loan my network tester to you.

It should read as pre-out, not zone. Zone are like zoning where you can add in additional speakers and you can pipe music specifically to that Zone.

Yes, thanks for replying