Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kepy

Kdk Ceiling Fan

Sunrise what happens after the custom saw that your purchase is more than $150? I'm going over to buy my lights as well as kdk fan.

I said we have 3 of us in the car, so should be S$450 right? Guess he was not sure, so he let me off.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hello,

Thinking of getting the KDK Sensa 5 from JB.

Which is the easiest lighting/fan shop to drive to from Singapore? Newbie driving into JB (only driven in a few times), so the easier the route the better :)

Prob will go on weekday.

Thanks!

BTW,

what's the difference between the

KDK Z60WS (cheaper) and KDK V60WK.

The only thing I noticed different in the specs is the "temperature sensor" in the V60WK. What's that anyway?

Thanks!

BTW,

The only thing I noticed different in the specs is the "temperature sensor" in the V60WK. What's that anyway?

Thanks!

the thermal sensor is made to feel the temperature of the house and adjust the speed of the fan faster or slower ..

BTW,

Thanks!

I think the rod length is diiferent, V60WK is shorter and will be more suitable for HDB

Guys, thanks for the info. I will head over to JB to buy the fans.

Can anyone supply the address and telephone numbers of YES Electrical Shop and Tampoi Lighting Centre. I have no idea where they are.

Since I will be buying a few and will surely exceed $150, I don't mind paying the tax. Is it the 7% GST? How to declare and pay? Is there a special booth or lane?

I went to YES Electrical Supply this morning. Just sharing my experience.

Address is 22 Jalan Serampang, Taman Pelangi, 80050 Johor Bahru. Off Tebrau Highway just after Plaza Pelangi. Not difficult to find. It's shown on Google Maps. You can call them at 07-3339900. Open 8 am to 5 pm Mondays to Fridays. Close at 1 pm on Saturdays.

Price is indeed half the price in Singapore. K14Z9 (V56VK) was RM470 while K15Z9 (V60WK) was RM550. That works out to only S$188 and S$220 based on my exchange rate of 2.505. The hook was not included in the KDK box but the shop supplied it free.

The shop will sell to you but will not deliver to Singapore. They are not allowed to.

Warranty is not valid for Singapore. In the unlikely event of problems, the shop says to call them and they will determine if it is product or installation problem. If product, you can take down the fan and bring it back to them.

Design and specifications wise, there appears to be no difference between the Malaysian and Singapore models. The shop says they are indentical

Except for one thing which nobody seems to have mentioned or have a problem with. Colour. The Malaysian models come in different colors. For the above two models, they come only in Titanium Silver and no White. The blades looks grey to me. Not sure if the colour is the same as Singapore's Grey. Anyway, my better half wants only white, so I returned home empty handed. My friend bought one as he wanted Titanium Silver.

GST is payable at Singapore Customs for goods exceeding S$150 if you are away from Singapore for less than 48 hours. They will check your passport to verify this. We drove into the Red Channel to declare the fan and went to the customs office. The customs officer explained that if the travelers are a family unit and the goods meant to be shared, she can allow the value to be split amongst the family members. However, in our case, she said we were not related and how can the fan be shared between the two of us? But Anyway, as the amount was just above the limit, she let us off without having to pay GST. If in doubt, it is better to declare and maybe pay just the 7% rather than risk a $10,000 fine and jail.

HI all,

Just want to share with you my experience regarding ceiling fans. I recently bought a few sets of fan. Actually, I feel that fans of a comparative range are equally good but what makes one better than the other could be one factor: the person who installs it. For the sets I bought, the person did not do a good job the first time. The motor was making a lot of noise and it sounded like something was scrapped. The installation man came down and I found out that he did not put in an additional device the first time he did it (something that look rubbery). After fixing it, the problem was solved.

Then, another set started to make noise the following day. This time, I realised that the fan base provided for about 6 screws but the installation man only used 2. That caused it to be unstable. I had to call him but he was very very unhappy despite that it was his own doing.

Then, the 3rd made noise. I called him again. He expressed his displeasure. He did not want to come down and said that I should wait and try it again. Fair enough. I did and the noise came back. I called the installation man and he was very annoyed. He said he would come down to my house the next day but only in the late afternoon. He did not turn up at all and did not call to inform me that he was not coming down at all in the afternoon.

I know that fan installation men work for a list of shops and they don't work for one shop. So, I feel a need to tell you to avoid this installation man. His name is David and he is in his late 40s or early 50s. His PR is first class because of they way he talks. I was told people said good things about him. I recommended him to a friend of mine (before he showed his true colour) and my friend experienced the same thing.

If you do want a good installation job, I suggest you avoid this David.

Using only 2 out of 6 screws seems like a terrible thing to do. To be fair to other installers who may unluckily be also Davids, better give his surname or partial mobile number.

Edited by kstoh

i'm confused by the brands for ceiling fans.... almasco, crestar, franco, kdk, ... gosh... which is good? am looking for ceiling fans with good bright lights.

Edited by jojorock

• Like 1

Jojorock

Only Fanco & Amasco fans can have bright lights on the fan. Kdk fans do not have them. The led lights on some Kdk models are for aethestics only. No lighting at all.