Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
RiVeRGoD

How Much Reno Cost Does A Standard 5 Room Hdb Should Be?

Hi guys,

Need some advice on how roughly my requirements for reno will cost me for my new standard 5 room flat.

Below are my requirements. Appreciate reno friends experience and advice what will probably cost me to do the things I want. I have also added my floor plan below for you reference. Thanks! :)

> I want parquet (burmese teak) for the three bedrooms

> full height tv consol/cabinets for master bedroom, kids bedroom (room near main bedroom), and living room. Living room TV console location will be the wall next to the kitchen entrance

> wardrobes for three bedrooms

> cushioned settee with storage in master bedroom (1 side with back soft cushion up to ceiling), and cushioned settee with storage too for proposed study room, both to be located near the windows

> study table in master bedroom and kids bedroom (good for 2 kids to seat)

> tempered glass wall for proposed study

> suspended table for and overhang cabinets for proposed study room

> shoe cabinet near main door entrance

> suspended table and overhang cabinet in the corner or the living room which is to the right of the person coming in from the flats main door

> sliding glass door for the kitchen entrance

> kitchen cabinets for both side of the kitchen using laminated glossy finishings, abs trimmings, blum hinges, and colored pvc internals (colored pvc applies to all cabinets/shelving external and internal), with table top using those premium granites, i.e., india granite/galaxy etc

> full height mirror in the dining area (dining area will be next to the proposed study area)

> homogeneous tiles in the living/dining area

> glass shower screens for both the toilets

> install bathtub for master toilet

> vanities and cabinets for both toilets using solid surface tops, with mirrors too for the over hang cabinets

> overlay tiles for both toilets

> putting of bathroom fixtures, water heater, etc

> false ceilings / lboxes at master/kids room/living dining area with cove light effects and other lighting solutions ( i want my place to be bright when i need them, and have mood lighting if needed)

> i want also the laminates to be at least 1 mm, and cabinets to use solid woods

> all the suspended tables should have drawers

> all the wardrobes to have unlimited shelvings/drawers as I desire

> sliding glass panel for service yard

> alum grills for all windows

> other misc items would be the painting of the house, piping, etc (you know the drill)

Below is my floor plan.

ghimmohfloorplan.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

a lot depends on the dimension. e.g. "tempered glass wall for proposed study" How big u want the glass? cover the entire wall and a 2ft x 4ft makes lotsa diff...

Thank you for your comment. So far I didn't get a 100k quote from any ID with my requirements. Unless your "100k" budget meant using gold toilet bowls, I'll keep in mind your "very useful" advice.

You have expensive requirement... better set aside $100K.

Good luck on your business... I don't need your gold taps...

Rivergod.

You may want to contact me for a quote.

If you want swee swee ~! i can tell you offhand include furnishings, $80k also hit.

just furnishings that you buy, already near $20,000

reno cost basic works already $45,000 plus carpentry and misc cushion and blar blar blar .. another $30,000

Do some maths..

Are you intending to live there for more than 10 years ?

Are you cash rich ?

I done similar houses your specification.

just for the record, the last i did was at punggol. it costed $85,000 in whole (furnishings and air con and .. well.. everything )

Hi RiVeRGoD,

Do you think your kids room can put 2 single bed, wardobe, tv console + feature, and study table together?

You dun think is very narrow?

Hi guys,

Need some advice on how roughly my requirements for reno will cost me for my new standard 5 room flat.

Below are my requirements. Appreciate reno friends experience and advice what will probably cost me to do the things I want. I have also added my floor plan below for you reference. Thanks! :)

> I want parquet (burmese teak) for the three bedrooms

> full height tv consol/cabinets for master bedroom, kids bedroom (room near main bedroom), and living room. Living room TV console location will be the wall next to the kitchen entrance

> wardrobes for three bedrooms

> cushioned settee with storage in master bedroom (1 side with back soft cushion up to ceiling), and cushioned settee with storage too for proposed study room, both to be located near the windows

> study table in master bedroom and kids bedroom (good for 2 kids to seat)

> tempered glass wall for proposed study

> suspended table for and overhang cabinets for proposed study room

> shoe cabinet near main door entrance

> suspended table and overhang cabinet in the corner or the living room which is to the right of the person coming in from the flats main door

> sliding glass door for the kitchen entrance

> kitchen cabinets for both side of the kitchen using laminated glossy finishings, abs trimmings, blum hinges, and colored pvc internals (colored pvc applies to all cabinets/shelving external and internal), with table top using those premium granites, i.e., india granite/galaxy etc

> full height mirror in the dining area (dining area will be next to the proposed study area)

> homogeneous tiles in the living/dining area

> glass shower screens for both the toilets

> install bathtub for master toilet

> vanities and cabinets for both toilets using solid surface tops, with mirrors too for the over hang cabinets

> overlay tiles for both toilets

> putting of bathroom fixtures, water heater, etc

> false ceilings / lboxes at master/kids room/living dining area with cove light effects and other lighting solutions ( i want my place to be bright when i need them, and have mood lighting if needed)

> i want also the laminates to be at least 1 mm, and cabinets to use solid woods

> all the suspended tables should have drawers

> all the wardrobes to have unlimited shelvings/drawers as I desire

> sliding glass panel for service yard

> alum grills for all windows

> other misc items would be the painting of the house, piping, etc (you know the drill)

Below is my floor plan.

ghimmohfloorplan.jpg

Seems okay when we measured it mate. The single bed is pullout type. tv console / feature will not be too deep.

Hi RiVeRGoD,

Do you think your kids room can put 2 single bed, wardobe, tv console + feature, and study table together?

You dun think is very narrow?

Thanks mate, roughly round that figure I would presume.

i'd say, around $50k for the above, or more. excluding furnishing.

Hi Irene, I have sent you a reply to your PM already.

Hi River god,

you still finding an ID firm to give you a quotation?