Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnTheRoad

1 Roof, 3 Generations

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Solar power panels might be good on the roof top.

Rebuilding is about $300 psf base on built in area.

Edited by bys

mine also d19, i need wet kitchen in the yard, dry kit inside, wadrodes fpr 6 rooms. lights for the whole place and a raise platform cover maybe in wood for 500 sf.plus some minor stuffs here and there?

think 50k possible? no hacking and tiling. i dont think there is much to do but when i go id, they seem ready to chop me. stress,,,

mine also d19, i need wet kitchen in the yard, dry kit inside, wadrodes fpr 6 rooms. lights for the whole place and a raise platform cover maybe in wood for 500 sf.plus some minor stuffs here and there?

think 50k possible? no hacking and tiling. i dont think there is much to do but when i go id, they seem ready to chop me. stress,,,

Hi Jenova, hmm...i did rough calculation, assuming ur wet kitchen & dry kitchen are similar dimensions to mine, & wardrobe is 5ft per room, 50k shld be enough. With those IDs you spoke to, did you negotiate?

U can consider contractor too, paloma, pinkwhale's contractor & May_dream's contractor have a reputation to live up to from this forum... tho they might be very busy now because many people are asking for their contact.

alternatively, if u've time on your hands, can even engage each one on your own. the wardrobes+kitchen can deal direct, platform deal direct, its only the wet kitchen concret & tile construction that you need masonry works, unless u're thinking of using wood cabinets too. lights-wise, do u mean just lights or incl false ceiling / L-box? I've seen some contacts in this forum tho not sure if they're good.

let me know if you wanna consider my ID.

Solar power panels might be good on the roof top.

Rebuilding is about $300 psf base on built in area.

Solar is quite expensive still leh...waiting for government to subsidise renewable energy installations to consider. 300psf ah... that'll take me a long time to recoup from the savings on utilities! :sport-smiley-004:

Finally we finished hacking... we've also made the decision to not change the concealed copper pipes because

i) copper is known to last a long time (25-50 yrs)

ii) some websites advised that if pipes are not leaking, one shld leave it. in other words, don't fix what ain't broken. that's because new copper pipes will still require soldering at the joints & that is another new road to see if that will leak.

iii) copper will have algae coated on the insides after awhile, but this actually inhibits the process of slow corrosion. new pipes will probably need to go through that again.

iv) i don't have confidence that the copper nowadays are better than copper of old. who knows, the old copper might be of better quality!

v) in the US, many households are replacing copper pipes with PEX, which is easier to install as its more pliable. The only downside to PEX is it cannot be exposed to external environments. So, in 5-10 yrs time, there might be new better technologies. Minister Khaw himself had alluded that our local construction technologies are not as advanced as US.

vi) it's a good to have but not must have. We decided to save the funds for roof leakage remedies.

The most important consideration is the plumbers did the test & reported no leakage.

In times like these, I do wish I'm going with an industrial theme. Don't need to worry about concealed pipes... just paint all the trunkings / pipings black!

Edited by OnTheRoad

Tiling started, which is nice to know for the start of the week...

There are 3 beefy tilers in my MBRM toilet & 1 skinny one the other common toilet on 2nd floor.

Common toilet shower area - blue mosaic looking tiles. The effect is much better when seen in person.

img2535ay.jpg

The MBRM toilet shower area - got hotel look ma?

img2533qe.jpg

The tilers are quite friendly & they sing & chat happily with one another as they work. I like that. Happy workers = good work.

:dancingqueen:

I'm also rewiring the entire house to prepare for a possible update to Phase 3 power somewhere down the road. At least then I just need to work on pulling the cables from front door to main gate without having to tear down the entire insides again. The electrical team has been hard at work, working full day on Saturdays as well... :thumbs up:

Hi,

We recently purchased an inter terrace house too... can you share your ID & contacts?

Many thanks!

Which coloured glass should I choose?

img2503x.jpg

For...

1. Bi-fold **** area

2. French windows at MBRM

3. Sliding windows at dry kitchen

I like black, but black pane on black anodized frames will look too black or not? :D

My favourite windows uncles told me green panes are the in thing now... really?

Edited by OnTheRoad

Hi Jenova, hmm...i did rough calculation, assuming ur wet kitchen & dry kitchen are similar dimensions to mine, & wardrobe is 5ft per room, 50k shld be enough. With those IDs you spoke to, did you negotiate?

U can consider contractor too, paloma, pinkwhale's contractor & May_dream's contractor have a reputation to live up to from this forum... tho they might be very busy now because many people are asking for their contact.

alternatively, if u've time on your hands, can even engage each one on your own. the wardrobes+kitchen can deal direct, platform deal direct, its only the wet kitchen concret & tile construction that you need masonry works, unless u're thinking of using wood cabinets too. lights-wise, do u mean just lights or incl false ceiling / L-box? I've seen some contacts in this forum tho not sure if they're good.

let me know if you wanna consider my ID.

thanks bro, dont mind to share the id?

What is the bi-fold **** area? :P

I personally prefer clear glass for all windows. Gives ample of light in to brighten the house. I am not comfortable with dark moody house. :D

Green is the in-thing now, because green represents eco-friendly. Not sure why, a lot of appliances if they are in green color, they name it as eco-friendly. Whether the functions are eco-friendly or not, not sure too. Starbucks also in green, it represents eco-friendly.

What is the bi-fold **** area? :P

I personally prefer clear glass for all windows. Gives ample of light in to brighten the house. I am not comfortable with dark moody house. :D

Haha...why did they block it out ah? I merely said bi-fold living area...oops or did it autocorrect to loving area? Hahaha... I'm having bi-fold doors at the living room opening to the deck.

Ya clear wld be straightfwd hor..I'm also afraid of heat so black to keep out glares....hmmm...

Green is the in-thing now, because green represents eco-friendly. Not sure why, a lot of appliances if they are in green color, they name it as eco-friendly. Whether the functions are eco-friendly or not, not sure too. Starbucks also in green, it represents eco-friendly.

Oh like that ah..aiya then don't consider green liao. Haha..