Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Guest Vicki Goh

That really sound scary...renovation cost a bomb and with cheaters around...any tips on how to choose our ID or contractor correctly?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

There are many cheater in this industry, my recent case was by a guy named Peter who claimed himself as an Son-in-law of a grand-lady,

which he was helping her for renovation but of coz the old lady will be the payer,

after a 3 x bounched cheque by him we have already done up 70-80% of the house renovation, end up then we found out that he is actually a renovation contractor of that grand-lady, he has received $36K from her already and we are not the only contractor he engaged, there are some other items that were not in our contract such as AC & tiles purchased which i heard that they have also received Bounched cheque from him or whichever.

This Case is now under investigation, nevertheless i would like to ask, if there is any victim to my case please contact me immediately.

You **** suey .

Hi All

This is an appeal post. Please help to SHARE this post if you know of someone who had similar experience with this contractor. And please get in touch with me.

This contractor, Mr Devon Teng Kok Eng, S73XXXXXC, of Integra D’sign Pte Ltd has collected $44690 from me, but had delivered only 50% of the amount paid. His works are largely defective, dangerous and incomplete. He goes by the name Carvin on Line chat and has another company called Deetrend D’sign Pte Ltd. He does not have a factory for carpentry. Does all the wood work at your apartment and has only a tiny table space at warehouses in Toh Guan and Kaki Bukit. He speaks very well and promises to deliver premium works for premium charge. And has a PhD from Sheffield Hallam University.

He brags that his company has the expertise to cover end-to-end works. But in fact, he had only been hiring unskilled part-time workers who does patchy work. That is why he needed to have access to the apartment at all times of the day (even at midnight) cos whenever he finds a slot for the workers, he will take them to the apartment. There are no dedicated workers in the project.

I had unknowingly engaged his service because he was a friend's friend. But after all that he had done, he is currently on the run, not responding to my whatsapp, SMS and emails. And playing delay tactics with CASE.

I have long gone beyond the traumatised period. Was truly shakened and disturbed when he hacked three(3) of my floor tiles from my apartment in an attempt to press for further payment – even though $44690 had already been collected at that point in time. It has always been his tactic to press for further payment when works are not done. And if I don't pay, work will be further delayed. That was how a total of $44690 was given. And it seems that I was always held at ransom. The last straw came when he hacked the tiles and removed the replacement tiles from my apartment, lying that the tilers had kept them and refused to return until I pay.

I want to post some pictures here but am unfamiliar with this platform so am unable to.

But to sum it all, here are some of the highly defective and dangerous works he had delivered:

• slopping cove light holders that are on the verge of collapsing
  • crooked and dislodged light and power points (this is very basic, isn't it? I feel like stepping into Alice in Wonderland when I step into my apartment)
  • concealed wires thrown into the walls without tubing and
  • incomplete cabinets with broken laminates

Other unethical things he did:

• creating ruckus in my estate (not abiding to disposal regulations)
  • visiting my apartment at wee hours of the night (sometimes for reno works, sometimes not)
  • posting pictures that I sent him as reference and passing them off as his company’s work (I have sent him numerous warnings to request for him to take down the pictures but he refused).

He has truly given me h*** the past few months and I truly do not wish for anyone to be in the same situation.

Please get in touch with me if you had similar encounters with him.

The police needs more people to step forward to investigate him under fraud, cheat and as a confidence trickster. This person MUST BE brought for investigation to prevent others from being harmed. Being a first-time home owner, this is truly truly traumatic.

What the... Then is the problem solved? Or your house is still wrecked.

There are many cheater in this industry, my recent case was by a guy named Peter who claimed himself as an Son-in-law of a grand-lady,

which he was helping her for renovation but of coz the old lady will be the payer,

after a 3 x bounched cheque by him we have already done up 70-80% of the house renovation, end up then we found out that he is actually a renovation contractor of that grand-lady, he has received $36K from her already and we are not the only contractor he engaged, there are some other items that were not in our contract such as AC & tiles purchased which i heard that they have also received Bounched cheque from him or whichever.

This Case is now under investigation, nevertheless i would like to ask, if there is any victim to my case please contact me immediately.

Hi All

This is an appeal post. Please help to SHARE this post if you know of someone who had similar experience with this contractor. And please get in touch with me.

This contractor, Mr Devon Teng Kok Eng, S73XXXXXC, of Integra D’sign Pte Ltd has collected $44690 from me, but had delivered only 50% of the amount paid. His works are largely defective, dangerous and incomplete. He goes by the name Carvin on Line chat and has another company called Deetrend D’sign Pte Ltd. He does not have a factory for carpentry. Does all the wood work at your apartment and has only a tiny table space at warehouses in Toh Guan and Kaki Bukit. He speaks very well and promises to deliver premium works for premium charge. And has a PhD from Sheffield Hallam University.

He brags that his company has the expertise to cover end-to-end works. But in fact, he had only been hiring unskilled part-time workers who does patchy work. That is why he needed to have access to the apartment at all times of the day (even at midnight) cos whenever he finds a slot for the workers, he will take them to the apartment. There are no dedicated workers in the project.

I had unknowingly engaged his service because he was a friend's friend. But after all that he had done, he is currently on the run, not responding to my whatsapp, SMS and emails. And playing delay tactics with CASE.

I have long gone beyond the traumatised period. Was truly shakened and disturbed when he hacked three(3) of my floor tiles from my apartment in an attempt to press for further payment – even though $44690 had already been collected at that point in time. It has always been his tactic to press for further payment when works are not done. And if I don't pay, work will be further delayed. That was how a total of $44690 was given. And it seems that I was always held at ransom. The last straw came when he hacked the tiles and removed the replacement tiles from my apartment, lying that the tilers had kept them and refused to return until I pay.

I want to post some pictures here but am unfamiliar with this platform so am unable to.

But to sum it all, here are some of the highly defective and dangerous works he had delivered:

• slopping cove light holders that are on the verge of collapsing
  • crooked and dislodged light and power points (this is very basic, isn't it? I feel like stepping into Alice in Wonderland when I step into my apartment)
  • concealed wires thrown into the walls without tubing and
  • incomplete cabinets with broken laminates

Other unethical things he did:

• creating ruckus in my estate (not abiding to disposal regulations)
  • visiting my apartment at wee hours of the night (sometimes for reno works, sometimes not)
  • posting pictures that I sent him as reference and passing them off as his company’s work (I have sent him numerous warnings to request for him to take down the pictures but he refused).

He has truly given me h*** the past few months and I truly do not wish for anyone to be in the same situation.

Please get in touch with me if you had similar encounters with him.

The police needs more people to step forward to investigate him under fraud, cheat and as a confidence trickster. This person MUST BE brought for investigation to prevent others from being harmed. Being a first-time home owner, this is truly truly traumatic.

From my lousy experience as 1st time home owner with an irresponsible contractor, we clients are always on the losing end (sadly).

We wasnt happy and uncomfortable with the level of workmanship, defects plus delays and hence suspended progressive payment till rectifications are done. At that point of time, renovation was about 75% paid.

Contractor retaliated by suspending work, 1st sign of being @ contractor's mercy. Had a round of negotiation to resume work and reduced next due payment % to ensure he delivers.

Renov was finally completed and we withheld a small % of bal payment since final rectifications wasn't done! Our contractor went MIA. As part of our contract, final % payment is payable to contractor when rectifications are completed and accepted by client.

Consulted lawyer and was told since reached work completion, contractor is entitled to full payment irregardless of conditions (lousy workmanship and outstanding rectifications), even though rectifications are part of contractual terms. So even if we go CASE or police report or lawyer...its still a lost case.

Edited by iluvspree

There are 101 contractors out there, close shop open another one with another name. What can we do as a consumer? Nothing. Best idea is to go for reputable ID firms and be willing to pay the original price for renovation and not go for those packages that seems too good.

To quote a contractor," How can a contractor quote below market price when the material cost is so transparent? Something must be wrong"

It depends on us as a consumer to know what is our designer/contractor to be when we are communicating with them. We have to judge them when we meet up with them and to feel what kind of person they are.

Just beware and judge properly .

Just 2 cents of my thinking for consumer.

Please also beware of thian boon design and renovation aka boon jie . Father and son like to disappear and ignore all phone calls/smses/whatsapp msgs, giving empty promises and delaying and delaying and delaying work. Apart from complaining about them online I really don't know what I can do. One of their clients went to Small Claims Tribunal but say that both father and son have blatantly ignored all the summonses for mediation.

I had engaged Millennium Lifestyle Pte Ltd and paid them 50% ($1476) to start the work on TV console/feature wall. Its been more than one month and they haven't shown up for next step. Every time they promise to come but don't turn up and make excuses. Its seems Marvin Wong is not longer contactable and Shirley Lee is using his mobile and email id to contact. Please do not engage them for any contract work. I am thinking of next step of filing police case and then going to CASE or Small tribunals for claims. Please let me know how you are doing it. Please provide me with your contact details and we can catch up to discuss further.

Thanks

Ravinder Singh

Tel: 9069 4271(M)

Hmmm....Andy while still in Grupp Marketing Pte Ltd, I have no problem with him doing some of my house owners QuickStep laminate flooring. But I started to worry when he used another company to deal with me when I ordered Quickstep laminate flooring with him again this year April. I sensed that he always in need of money and wanted cash payment instead of cheque so dealing with him is I pay 50% when I see the goods deliver and 50% upon completion and rectification if any.

As of now, think best is not to get his service anymore even tot QuickStep laminate is still a good quality laminate flooring, Im sure is better to approach someone that are more trustworthy in real doing an honest business or services. :yamseng:

Jaskel, so in the end I supposed he did deliver for you.

Anyway, Andy Yeo Boon Heng is not contactable since June and Grupp Marketing is no longer the dealer for QuickStep laminate flooring.

Thus, it will be a challenge to get QuickStep Laminate Flooring in the market for the moment until a new official dealer is unveiled.

Just a word of advice for those looking around to engage IDs/Contractors. For my case, even though I had gotten a court order against this person that is on the run, that's all I will get. The amount is way too small to proceed for the next step to seize his assets. Worse still, our police is not able to pursue it further so long as someone on "top" determine it as a breach of agreement and make it a civil case.

So all this person need to do is get a new mobile phone number, move house or move from their rented premises and they are free to continue to do whatever they want.

Borrow your thread to bring awareness to ID firms and individuals as well.

Andy Yeo Boon Heng, ex-employee of Grupp Marketing Pte Ltd and partner/owner of Y & C Resources that provides QuickStep Laminate Flooring, is currently on the run.

He collected my deposit and now he is uncontactable. His ex-partner and other sources had confirmed he had skipped town.

Any IDs or individuals who engaged him to do laminate floorings, please pm me if you had made a police report. I will share with you my police report number and I/O for us to link our cases together.

Andy Yeo Boon Heng

Y & C Resources

ROC: 53203076A

HP: 81599587

Hmmm....Andy while still in Grupp Marketing Pte Ltd, I have no problem with him doing some of my house owners QuickStep laminate flooring. But I started to worry when he used another company to deal with me when I ordered Quickstep laminate flooring with him again this year April. I sensed that he always in need of money and wanted cash payment instead of cheque so dealing with him is I pay 50% when I see the goods deliver and 50% upon completion and rectification if any.

As of now, think best is not to get his service anymore even tot QuickStep laminate is still a good quality laminate flooring, Im sure is better to approach someone that are more trustworthy in real doing an honest business or services. :yamseng:

Dun worry , Singapore law not so easy sue here sue there, look at poor case of someone challenging spore law now, the law can bite bck at the person suing , the repercussion tat person kena

Edited by Mumtbest