Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ne0matr1x

White Paint Only Matex?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi All,

Is it true that Dulux Light & Space paint is easy to get stains and hard to remove? also will peel off after sometime? :( I got these info from 2009 forum discussion in reno... not sure still applies? thks a million!!

google is your friend.

Hi Dean & Carong,

Am in the midst of searching for paints and have decided to go for the Vinilex 5000 series.

The cheapest i can find is $130+ for 20 Litres :o

Dun mind sharing your experience on where to get it for $70

Hi Dean & Carong,

Am in the midst of searching for paints and have decided to go for the Vinilex 5000 series.

The cheapest i can find is $130+ for 20 Litres :o

Dun mind sharing your experience on where to get it for $70

where to buy Vinilex 5000 series 20L @ $70? Carong should show us the receipt. No response from him.

you can go to colorland selling nippon paint @ reasonable price. or try http://www.estore.com.sg/index.html

Edited by dean

What DEAN mention is true > buy your material and pay for the job( pass dun too cat, you want cheap work or standard work that last your house longer)

For raw cement surface or plaster surface, die die you need a OIL SEALER..nippon 5170 oil sealer primer is very good, only about $10 different compare to Kangeroo brand..

For my project, i usually supply materials so i am ensure what i got and engage skill painter to go a good work. they will need to do all protection and maskingtape all my skirting, door frame etc.

for newly plaster wall die die need oil-based sealer? water-base sealer can? pls advise cos I will be painting my wall soon, thanks.

for newly plaster wall die die need oil-based sealer? water-base sealer can? pls advise cos I will be painting my wall soon, thanks.

Not sure water base sealer can or not but oil base sealer very strong smell neighbor will hate it. Oil base sealer better. West area too humidity i need on dehumidifier on dec-jan period.

my kitchen walls have the wall tiles removed and now with cement screet.''''''

who give you sure stupid idea????

what do u mean? i was considering this too.. is it a bad idea??

my contractor says if wall tiles are ok then cement screed over them, but im concerned that the tiles may pop out in the future?

Matex is the cheaper color($48 20L)

you have have nippon 5000 series ($70 20L)slightly better,

nippon or ici ($60 5 L)

for owner who didnt know the different, contractor will give you matex(nippon brand also) but you will regret immediate after 6 months. have you ever touch a white wall at any carpark and the white power drop? matex will get dirty very easy.

If you paint your home, you better get a good paint that last you min 5 year. Under standard painting specification, the min standard for indoor wall is using SS300....

May I interpret this to mean that for the purpose of painting the ceiling white, I really should abandon matex & select Nippon-5000 or even higher-end Nippon/ICI series to have a decent quality finish so that the ceiling paint job lasts for at least 5 years?

What's "SS300"? Is it a standard, a brand, or a series?

Hi guys, thanks for the advise. Just got some info from my contractor. My 5 + 1 package is 5 colours from the Nippon Vinilex 5000 series plus white (only Matex) for the ceilings)

Is 5000 series enough? Or shoud I insist for other ranges such as washable or 3-in-1? I heard 3-in-1 very hard to touch up, will have dark patches if touch up including the light colours also.

@ne0matr1x, so in the end did you end up using Matex for your ceiling? How's the paint job holding up so far, i.e. 2 years already?

...Matex is a white wash. Is just a cover up, not meant as a final finish, and ideal for ceiling as most ppl prefer to have a matt finish ceiling. Using other paint may create a low sheen, some ppl dun like. If u really keen to understand this topic.. these are interesting readings..

http://www.nipponpaint.com.sg/advice/diy-guides/paint-guide-interior

http://www.bca.gov.sg/Professionals/IQUAS/painting.html

Thank you for the links; but does it mean if we do not want any sheen/gloss at all for our ceilings, we have no choice but to select Matex?

I got my new house, without knowledge, I had my new wall paint with 2 layer matex . should I scrap the matex paint away to apply sealer first? what should I do?