Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Anyone engaged Id fr *****? And do they really charge a designer fee of $500? I went to "100% home design 2012" at expo today and had a quote fr them.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, i have also been quoted design fees by other IDs ... is this a common trend these days?

Apart from design fees, the quotation also includes 1) laying protection cardboard $x 2) haulage & disposal fees of $y 3) Cleaning of whole house $z.

When i question if these are optional, the ID would say its compulsory. Other IDs do not state these costs in their quotation coz they would have marked up their prices in some other items.

These costs when added up can be 1-3k. Is this the norm?

Thank you.

i never believe in the justification for designer fee. they should provide the drawing for free and if you like the design then you sign up, and if you dont , why should you pay for a piece of sketch that is computer generated within minutes ?

i never believe in the justification for designer fee. they should provide the drawing for free and if you like the design then you sign up, and if you dont , why should you pay for a piece of sketch that is computer generated within minutes ?

I agree with that!

It is unbelievable what IDs these days start to charge :jawdrop: ......I cannot imagine that they charge for their ideas, laying protection cardboard, and so on :angry: ......

Is that cos they want to pull out from customers as much money as they can (so started to charge so simple and normal things like to clean after their work) or what????? For God's sake, they are living from us ! ! ! !

And, what I have noticed as well - there are much differences in quotations if customers are asking for HDB or Condo....for Condo is muuuuuuuuch more expensive ! ! ! ! Obviously, IDs are thinking "if you can buy the Condo, then you have the money and I can flay you"....... :furious:

For Expo home exhibitions many forumers already complain here at this Forum, that there customers will be faced with the most expensive quotations comparing with if they go directly to normal ID shops......maybe IDs need to cover their costs of exhibitions so found this way to do it, over customers wallet.......

I know that is very convenient for customers to find many IDs at one place so Expo will be always visited, but this is not a way of honest business and people are not stupid, they will find one day cause bed talks are flying much faster than good ones......

I was only once at Expo and that was 2 years ago - my first and definately the last time. I was needed just few thing here and there, mainly carpentry, but to put some wood flooring at terrace as well, so was thinking to hire some ID to arrange it all......until I had in my hand 3 different quotations, not much differences between them, but when I realized that they all charged me for 3 (three) simple shelves (150x30 cm) like some normal carpenter for whole wardrobe - it was enough for me.....

Of course, I asked one of that IDs how that price can be, and he answered that they need to order whole piece of plywood (he mentioned the size, but I cannot remember any more) and cut it to my dimensions so there are much leftovers and I should pay for whole that piece, doesn't matter how big or small shelf I want to have...... Then I asked what they are doing with that 'leftovers', and he said "nothing, they are like a waste" - oh, yeah, please, don't tell me the story, what 'waste', you will sell this to another customer and charge him as well like me and you will earn double for this one piece of plywood......I swear, he just smiled, he even didn't want to disagree with me ! ! Then I told him that he can give that his 'leftovers' to me, since I already will pay for them - but, no, he said that they cannot give me as they are not doing that way..... what can I say, that was the last time he saw me.....he and other two IDs from Expo cause their quotations where very similar so only what I can assume is that they all are working at the same way....

Edited by Andreja

Couple of years ago I engaged I-Mage as ID. Went to some expo. They charged me a fee... Think was $500 or what... For some drawings and a quote. I went to a contractor to get an alternative quote based on the designs and of course it was much lower. More than offsets the penalty of losing that $500 if didn't engage them to manage the project thereafter.

Edited by Kopicio

I had just put a deposit with I-MAGE C-REATIVE. May i know is their workmanship good? Reliable? As i got a simple package with them. It cost $11,888. Got free air-con etc. Email me to let me know.

Mind list out all the items in the $11,888 package?