Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yokechye

Our First Home Sweet Home

So you are staying in 25th floor, 61B.

welcome to strathmore!!

Yup! haha. Forgot to blanko my address. But whatever. You staying at which blk?

Edited by yokechye

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Is it windy on top? My alley is windy but not as much at home :-(

Your unit facing which direction? Currently this period wind comes from south. Mine facing north but i receive breeze once in a while.

Can i drop by see see ur reno next time? Btw will u be using gas or electrical heater?

sure no problem! but sot so soon, still waiting for HDB to finish rectifying our windows! likely i'll be using electric heater. how about you?

sure no problem! but sot so soon, still waiting for HDB to finish rectifying our windows! likely i'll be using electric heater. how about you?

They take quite a while to do the rectification.

I am thinking of getting gas heater but unsure how the piping gonna run. Already called city gas and they say will get a technician to call me. Still waiting for their call

They take quite a while to do the rectification.

I am thinking of getting gas heater but unsure how the piping gonna run. Already called city gas and they say will get a technician to call me. Still waiting for their call

Yes wait for city tech come over ask him how to run since we R paying

Do get your plumber along that's what I did so as for discussion

For my case my cold water my plumber tap it from svc yard washing machine point so no MRT line crossing

Hope to c more of your reno pics soon

Do take note of city gas pipe installer some have bo chap attitude so that play a part too

:yamseng:

Yes wait for city tech come over ask him how to run since we R paying

Do get your plumber along that's what I did so as for discussion

For my case my cold water my plumber tap it from svc yard washing machine point so no MRT line crossing

Hope to c more of your reno pics soon

Do take note of city gas pipe installer some have bo chap attitude so that play a part too

:yamseng:

noted! will get my plumber to be there too to discuss :yamseng:

Your unit facing which direction? Currently this period wind comes from south. Mine facing north but i receive breeze once in a while.

Mine is the same facing as u. Just much lower. Ha. Lets seen what happens for the rest of the year. The corridoors were just so windy at times!

Met up with Citygas guys today and concluded that it is best I opt out for Gas heater.

1. MRT lines all over

2. Need to drill thru beam to get hot water from service yard to kitchen then back into toilet due to layout configuration. all thks to the M&E who forgot about how gas heater works.

bo pian, so either storage heater or instant heater.

Since there is hot and cold water pipe designed into the toilets (however I do wish kitchen has it too), we decided to go for electric multi-point heater.

Will be getting the Bennington C600

image9731.jpg

Met up with Citygas guys today and concluded that it is best I opt out for Gas heater.

1. MRT lines all over

2. Need to drill thru beam to get hot water from service yard to kitchen then back into toilet due to layout configuration. all thks to the M&E who forgot about how gas heater works.

bo pian, so either storage heater or instant heater.

Since there is hot and cold water pipe designed into the toilets (however I do wish kitchen has it too), we decided to go for electric multi-point heater.

Will be getting the Bennington C600

image9731.jpg

O I c so bo bian liao

so u chose Bennington over 707

Happy reno and con't to post pics :bath:

O I c so bo bian liao

so u chose Bennington over 707

Happy reno and con't to post pics :bath:

yup. We wanted instant hot water instead of getting storage tank heater. Party because we do not want to wait for the tank of water to heat up and and wasted energy to hit up water that we did not fully use :bangwall:

It's too bad we cannot use gas heater like ur place unless seeing MRT lines all over cos our service yard not back to back to the toilet.

Since both of us don't take long showers, we thought instant is the way to go :sport-smiley-018:

For illustration

gasheater.jpg

Unlike a typical service yard layout for most new HDB flat, all these can be hidden mostly in the service yard.

For our case, the gas pipe runs into the service yard all the way to the opposite wall, and hot water pipe to run back into the kitchen and into the common toilet.

Not forgetting the water has to be tapped from the tap shown in yellow. :wacko:

In summary, this type of unit design is not suitable for gas heater. Either that or the Mechanical Engineer did not understand / over looked the considerations and requirements of gas heater :furious:

you are right

its really windy lately, both day and night, wind coming from the south

we are staying in strathmore too! :)