Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
san20sg

Renovating A Geylang Apartment

there was a quotation sent by email but it was not signed. I know the contractor previously so didn't think that was an issue. Hai, not liking renovations very much now.

Having someone you know to do your reno is not very comfortable. What if the person fails to deliver, it may spoil your relationship/friendship with that person.

Previously I wanted to have my reno done by my relative, I did not expect him to quote me cheaper than any other contractor. But during the final few meetings, I received a quotation 50% higher than other quotations I have ever received !!

Be patient, you can look for other contractor until you are comfortable with the price :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Abit rushed because I had to move by end June as I am expected to deliver in early august so abit stressed.

Abit tight on finances too because had to pay for renovations, mortgage, hospital bills and baby expenses so overall abit overwhelmed. But still can cope lah

renovations really too much work. hope i will not need to move again for the next few years at least

Edited by san20sg

Be patient, you can look for other contractor until you are comfortable with the price :)

Valerie, I think she already started Reno. So might not be able to get another contractor. Even for carpenter, not sure they will take if amount is too little.

Halfway through then this happen really upsetting lah.

Edited by May_dream1

Actually if no paper was signed, you can walk away also & find another person to take over. Ur payment is progressive rite? Even if the carpentry subcon increase price, the contractor shld bear much of the brunt also & offset by charging cheaper for his own costs...its his mistake, not urs.

Do u know what's the pfr of ur kitchen cabinets & solid top?

He charges the kitchen much cheaper than the hacking n retiling so overall package is reasonable. Have other cheaper overall quotations previously but chose him because I thought it is a more familiar person. But now only do the hacking n tiling and I am unable to find someone willing to do such a small job - only kitchen cabinet at the same price at such short notice. Charges $120pfr kitchen cabinets & $70pfr kitchen top.

So next time have to check proper pricing job by job. Hai. I'm ok now so no point harping. Have to move on.

Edited by san20sg

Oki...ur kitchen charges are not unreasonable anw so not overpaying him.. But now u might wanna get that contract signed lor.

Jia you! Ur beautiful house lies ahead...:)

Edited by OnTheRoad

Thanks though still not too happy about it. Not a very nice business tactic like that. But give them the benefit of the doubt lah. Maybe I will skip the master rm wardrobe & just buy from Ikea, to save $1595.

Just try to focus on other stuff bah - still havent bought the sanitary hardware. Living rm & dining area should be settled thanks to gakuseisean's kind help! Now still got 3 more bedrooms to go!

u can try this carpenter Boon (97308070)... I have yet to use him, but he did my friend's place... when i called him, his wardrobe price starts from $210 for swing door & $230 for sliding door

u can try this carpenter Boon (97308070)... I have yet to use him, but he did my friend's place... when i called him, his wardrobe price starts from $210 for swing door & $230 for sliding door

Hi notsogoodman, many thanks for your contact.

Many thanks to the others for your kind concern. I have managed to get another kitchen installer at the previous price, recommended by a good friend of my husband.

Edited by san20sg

Now focusing on two main outstanding matters- getting all my sanitary stuff n vanity top for the two bathrooms and design n decoration for the 3 bedrooms :-)

Great, then I shall go order tom or thurs. Just in case I couldn't get the lush chairs. How about these spiral chairs from lifespace concept? They have it in black, white & red colours.

ct8828cy222big.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Or this?

eamesplasticchairj.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hmm I don't quite like the spiral chairs, they seem a bit gimmicky. As for the Eames moulded chairs, they are a little common nowadays, but nevertheless it is a testament to it's good design. It will match (especially the white one).

Ya white looks good. Now you are making me think. Should I get this white chair or that lush black pvc metal chair to match the black ikea table?

I'm choosing sanitary hardware nw. Based on recommendations, I have decided on Johnson Suisse wc n basin, rubine or franke sink, fidelis shower set, tap, joven heater. No groche or hanogrohe as budget constraint. W appreciate all ur experiences n advice.

Thanks!