Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hencpu

Full-black Bathroom

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I've one unit's toilet done up with epoxy effects for the walls, floor is overlaid with homogeneous tiles.

Epoxy effect is "diamond like" rough surface with plenty of shinny sparkles.

Surface similar to a road surface. Its the first time i've done up a washroom with this effect and i'd say i'm impressed with the final touch.

Costs about $2800 for 2 toilets excluding overlaying of tiles.

$4800 for both toilets everything in.

Cement screed before expoy application, epoxy application and overlay floor tiles.

Unfortunately I don't have any pics as owner does not want his house pics to be taken.

Can consider the epoxy, they have many effects and designs.

Another cheaper alternative to consider would be to lay either glossy or matt black tiles for the toilet. cosy cosy eh...

Must be prepared that dust will be easily visible. My ex-boss bathroom's all black, not very nice as visualize. Not easy to maintain loh.

for black basin, can see the soap stain, toothpaste stain evey where if no frequent cleaning..really eye sore..

check my reno blog. both my bathrooms are full black with at most 10white tiles. not completely done up. as in toilet accessories, sink etc not install yet.

i love black. n since i live with hubby, no complaints from parents. hubby was initially against de idea. but now dat it's more or less done, he's happy with it =)

common bathroom door:

P1030818.jpg

common bathroom:

P1030792.jpg

P1030793.jpg

P1030794.jpg

mbr bathroom:

P1030834.jpg

cockroaches (can fly type).. hiding there especially below the vanity cabinet. Bath half-way, fly out or crawl out, you have to use black toilet to cover and ran out.. :P

I really wanted to have a solid black theme bathroom but my husband doesn't agree with me, So we've come up with the black and white theme. :) I am also planning to buy this unique black Ladybird tub but it's quite expensive.

14191_2_468.png

Maybe on my birthday my husband will surprise me with this. :)

Anyone using solid black floor & wall tiles for bathroom or has any intention to do so? :sport-smiley-018:

Do ur parents against it? 8|

My bathroom floor is black.

I think it's ok to have black gloosy wall tiles , it's rather easy to maintain.

But black floor tiles is harder , it will leave white residue on the floor due to shower gel and shampoo use.

No matter how I scrub and clean , it will re-appear 2-3 days later, coz we bath at least twice a day , thats like 4 times a day ( me & hubby )

Perhapes grey wld be less obvious ? Hmmmm ...? :dunno:

Anyways,regarding ur parents , at the end of the day , it's your home. You shd be able to do anything you wish. Or maybe limit the all black only to your MBR toilet.

I really wanted to have a solid black theme bathroom but my husband doesn't agree with me, So we've come up with the black and white theme. :) I am also planning to buy this unique black Ladybird tub but it's quite expensive.

14191_2_468.png

Maybe on my birthday my husband will surprise me with this. :)

tat's a bathtub? how much? any website to see?

that bath tub look nice only dont think its practical. & sg toilet so small, unless u staying landed, but if landed should buy those big long tub with spa

I seen total black toilets before looks nice & classy, even the wc & sink also black, lighting dim yellow lights, but for me i prefer bright, so my toilets r white but also classy with glass bowl & stands & glass doors.

& I use ikea white plastic shoe rack for my storage items as it will not rust or wood willl not last. cheap & gd plus neat design

anyone care to share some dark bathroom photos?

Would love to see ur nice designs!

Thanks.

Full black?

dont do anything you might regret in 1 or 2 years.