Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My painters are working real fast these few days, primer/sealer + 1st finishing coat have been completed, for both indoor and outdoor:

journeyphoto676.jpg

journeyphoto719.jpg

Edited by jumbopanther

Dry laying of tiles: I dry lay the tiles myself and went through in detail with the tiler, how i want the tiles to be laid, and also which wall start with full tiles and which wall end with cut tiles. It's important to let the tiler know exactly what you want so as not to end up with surprises.

journeyphoto729.jpg

journeyphoto736.jpg

For wet kitchen top:

journeyphoto735.jpg

Jumbopanther, What material is your wet kitchen top? Looks like glass.

Talking about tiles, whether is it floor tiles, wall tiles or roof tiles, please make sure the contractor keep aside some spare tiles for you, and not totally remove them from site. These tiles will come in handy if future tiles broken or chip off, then you have ready ones to replace. Otherwise, some time down the road, the particular tiles may had stopped new production and you will not be able to find exactly the same tile to replace.

journeyphoto766.jpg

journeyphoto387.jpg

My painters are working real fast these few days, primer/sealer + 1st finishing coat have been completed, for both indoor and outdoor:

journeyphoto676.jpg

Above is the new extension?

journeyphoto719.jpg

For external windows, it will be recommended to install the window frame lower than the room floor area, holes to be drilled at the base aluminium for rainwater drain off. This method of installation will prevent any rain that falls into the aluminium to 'overflow' or seeps into the room and destroy the parquet floor.

Notice the base aliminium threads are lower than the room floor?

Presentation11.jpg

For my house A&A, I had specified to redo all new water proofing for the rainwater gutter and flat roof.

It is not good practise to just lay new water proofing over the damaged existing. All existing ones to be removed by a power water jet. If existing water proofing not removed, there is a possibility of water trapped between the top new layer and the existing bottom layer, then moisture and dampness will start to accumulate.

Before

journeyphoto384.jpg

Water jet

journeyphoto753.jpg

After water proofing is done, notice the water proofing has to be 'upturned' at the end

journeyphoto786.jpg

Edited by jumbopanther

Make an effort to go to the roof and check (but please be extremely careful)and see what's up there.

Check the wire screens that prevent birds or rodents coming into the house. If any parts are damaged or holes being enlarged, please get the contractor to replace immediately. Certainly, you do not wish to know birds chirping above the false ceiling or rats running around at the ceiling too.

journeyphoto770.jpg

Some fridge has the added feature of water dispensing or ice making. If you decide to buy this type of fidge, please make sure that water supply point is provided beforehand. Otherwise, there will be some hacking and exposed water pipe that will not be so aesthetically pleasant.

Actually, whether one is buying a fridge with water dispensing or ice making capability or not, it is recommended to provide the water point first. Because this water point can be hidden behind the fridge and not be seen at all. If one day, you decide to change the fridge, you can just connect to the water point behind, meaning no need to run new pipe again.

Below is where I will position the fridge, with a power point (on the left) and water supply point on the right.

journeyphoto888.jpg

journeyphoto889.jpg

Make an effort to go to the roof and check (but please be extremely careful)and see what's up there.

Check the wire screens that prevent birds or rodents coming into the house. If any parts are damaged or holes being enlarged, please get the contractor to replace immediately. Certainly, you do not wish to know birds chirping above the false ceiling or rats running around at the ceilin :dribble::dribble: g too.

journeyphoto770.jpg

But you may get bird nest :dribble:

You r not covering it ? I think mine is covered. Let me check later.... Don't seem to have seen this part before haha!!! :horse:

You r not covering it ? I think mine is covered. Let me check later.... Don't seem to have seen this part before haha!!! :horse: