Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fussy

Tiles At Bathroom Entrance

Hi,

I am renovating my house but retaining the existing tiles in the hall and rooms. The existing kerb at the entrance to the bathroom was hacked off to facilitate the re-tiling in the bathroom. The new kerb is as per attached.

I find that it looks quite weird with the rest of the skirting in the room being greenish white in colour except the entrance to the bathroom, which is dark grey in colour. Previously the side skirting and top of the kerb is the same greenish white tile as the rest of the room.

My interior designer insisted that the new tiling work is normal. Should I insist that the kerb be done as per previously, ie. all greenish white, or the side skirting greenish white and top of kerb remains as dark grey or keep them as dark grey, as per photo.

Need your advice and view.

Thanks.

Picture link

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

it might look weird now, but it will probably look diff when your door is in place.... either change or see if you can get a door to complement the kerb

Thanks all for replying.

Anyway, I still have the existing greenish white tiles and the tiler is aware as he actually used them to replace some damaged tiles in the cause of the renovation.

I have done a rough photo-shop by changing the grey side skirt with the existing tile, with the top remaining as the grey tiles. I think it looks much better, or should I also change the top to the existing tiles?

Picture link

The bathroom floor is dark colour. The bathroom wall is light colour.

At the doorway, inside the bathroom, the vertical face of the kerb shd be same colour as the wall tile.

Then the dark floor is just restricted to horizontal surfaces.

The horizontal surface can take on the light colour of either the toilet wall or the bedroom skirting.

Some designs... they use a totaly different 3rd colour to make a clear boundary between the room and the toilet.