Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sean1234

Carpentry Irritates Eyes

Does everyone experience this?

Any solution?

My newly done up carpentry for some reasons make our eyes painful when we step into my newly renovated place.

I knew it comes from carpentry as we only experience this eye pain when carpentry is being done up and tears will auto out.

Have since shifted in 2weeks and there is still such eye irritation feeling once a while.

Is it some chemicals used on the carpentry? is it harmful especially to my baby girl?

Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

First, open the door for the caprentry - for airing purpose

second, open pandan leave inside. it will help to remove the smell.

BUT this will not resolve overnight.

It est make a mth.

If adult cannot take it, how you expect a baby can take it?

Any solution?

My newly done up carpentry for some reasons make our eyes painful when we step into my newly renovated place.

I knew it comes from carpentry as we only experience this eye pain when carpentry is being done up and tears will auto out.

Have since shifted in 2weeks and there is still such eye irritation feeling once a while.

Is it some chemicals used on the carpentry? is it harmful especially to my baby girl?

Thanks.

Open up all windows and switch on fan at full blast ... to carry out for about one week or more.

do you have timber floors, and if you do, did you recoat them?

if not the smell is probably the contact glue being used. yes it is harmful as its solvents evaporating. like others said, leave your windows open for ventilation till smell goes away.

Any solution?

Thanks.

Open all windows and on yr fans at full speed. I bot charcoal, cost abt $4 each to absorb the chemical smell in the cabinets from NTUC.

Have u enguage a cleaner service after ur Reno? Coz they may use acidic chemical to clean up the place.

If can, beside all those advise give above, can try mopping the flooring.

1) open all the doors of the cabinet

2) open all windows of your house

3) switch fan to full blast

4) wipe the internal of cabinet

5) use air cleaner in every compartments of cabinet

Combine all the above, should be able to remove the smelly fume from cabinet in a week.

My place has 54 feet of build-in cabinet, no more smelly fume in a few days. It can be done.

Hi I think I might have damaged the coating of my newly delivered wardrobe using nano  sanitiser to wipe the surfaces and it's causing bad fumes and eye tearing..  anyway to still treat it ??  I'm not sure if the original state would have been the same condition had i not done the wiping though..

Edited by Joyee