Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
star70

好家ho!

any idea of non-practically for using cement floors in kitchen? i see my auntie house in MY whole house cement floor, looks ok, but of cos hers not a design purpose, so it was not really very smooth surface (some rough patches in the corners).

cement floor tend to be dusty even after the years.. i think this has been repeated a few times in some threads that it has to be treated properly.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hello - can anyone advise when is rewiring of whole house necessary?

Is it always a need to rewire the whole inn order to add more wiring points?

I asked my contractor before, not necessary cos wire will not rot so just ask them to do a check on thw wiring and if works, dont need to re-wire cos its pretty ex

same as re-piping too

Hello all

Getting my keys in end Aug most probably, so now hoping to gather more information before actual renovation starts.

Inputs & suggestions gladly welcome.

The title of this home - coincidentally husband surname is Ho..so means good in hokkien.heh..so hopefully its a good start to the renoblog :)

764floorplanoriginala.jpg

wow.. i just realized, your layout very nice, walk through a balcony to reach the "main" house :dribble:

wow.. i just realized, your layout very nice, walk through a balcony to reach the "main" house :dribble:

hello Alisa

however i think the space is a little wasted, since only can put shoe cabinet there, but not sit there n relax n have afternoon tea. haha

I asked my contractor before, not necessary cos wire will not rot so just ask them to do a check on thw wiring and if works, dont need to re-wire cos its pretty ex

same as re-piping too

Thanks! I missed out asking contractor on this. will double check with them again.

When the last time the house rewiring is done more than 15yrs, I feel rewiring is necessary. U can check to see any powerpoints in the house the surround have any burn marks or smell etc, these are just small sign of worn out electrical wiring. Of course there are devices in the market can check on the condition of the wiring too.

DB box changes(now more safety function), so is the colour code of electrical wires. Moreover now most no more using the white connector rather than using a 'male' and 'female' connector for lighting point(which new HDB flats u will see those hanging around connected with the new light point) :yamseng:

When the last time the house rewiring is done more than 15yrs, I feel rewiring is necessary. U can check to see any powerpoints in the house the surround have any burn marks or smell etc, these are just small sign of worn out electrical wiring. Of course there are devices in the market can check on the condition of the wiring too.

DB box changes(now more safety function), so is the colour code of electrical wires. Moreover now most no more using the white connector rather than using a 'male' and 'female' connector for lighting point(which new HDB flats u will see those hanging around connected with the new light point) :yamseng:

Thanks Jaskel!

finally some pictures of the house - nope..still not yet get our keys, some pics from agent, some pics taken when i go viewing again.

Main door to living room

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

586787a0f6284b199ebc856addcb134b.png

4c971b904e684885b10316e04f283a2f.png

very weird - the photos i have rotated them in photobucket, but when i post them here, they are still in the original orientation...hmmmm

Wow finally get to c your beautiful home

Big and spacious

Remem post your reno pics to share :yamseng:

Hi Star, from ur photos, ur place seems quite modern and well well maintained. U probably can savage some to save on reno. Spend $$ on furnishings :)

Edited by potatoes