Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Superfox

Simmons Vs Sealy

Please help me to choose a good mattress as me and my wife are very confuse which brand to purchase … we have been to Simmons , Sealy , Kingcoil and Englander .

we just got our new flat hence we are on really tight budget of not more than $5500 with or without bed frame .

Pls help … thanks .

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I have only tried Sealy and Simmons and I think you are safe with either.

I got my Sealy 6 years back and during that time, Sealy was better known for its plushness while Simmons was firmer, but when I tried my sister's Simmons, it felt soft and good as well.

There are many models within the brands themselves, so it's always better to try them out yourself to have a feel of which one you like. Lie down on them and toss around for 5 to 10 minutes until you are happy or sure about how you feel about it. Keep doing this until you are able to shortlist two.

Robinsons has a good variety of both Sealy and Simmons. Do go try out the ones that fit your budget. I remember looking forward to sleep in my Sealy bed after buying it. And even now, I still love it as if I just bought it.

Please help me to choose a good mattress as me and my wife are very confuse which brand to purchase … we have been to Simmons , Sealy , Kingcoil and Englander .

we just got our new flat hence we are on really tight budget of not more than $5500 with or without bed frame

Pls help … thanks .

With that budget you can get a very good mattress from anyone of them. You can also consider slumberland

P.s. i think you have posted in the wrong section

Edited by yokechye

Have not tried Simmons before. Currently using Sealy monte carlo. 9 years already and still good as new. For my new house i am going for only Sealy

Currently using Simmons Backcare series bought from Robinson. Previous flat using Sealy Posturepedic Sapphire for 5 years. Sealy more Plush but hubby had constant backache issue throughout the 5 years. My sleep was often disturbed by hubby's tossing and turning as I'm a light sleeper. With Simmons, I sleep better as not affected by his tossing and turning. Hubby still has backache issue on and off but not as frequent as compared as before. Both mattress is less than $4k. I wld prefer Simmons:)

Thanks for all reply , I prefer to buy from Simmons's dealer as they can always bring down the price but not department stores like Robinsons ..

Still prefer the Simmons as they are using better springs then Sealy .

we just got our new flat hence we are on really tight budget of not more than $5500 with or without bed frame .

Pls help … thanks .

sorry if this comes late,

just sharing an article i found during my reno back then

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=31653&view=findpost&p=606075

read post #423

so end of the day... boils down to the what you most comfortable with.....

Branded- it's all marketing stratergy by putting how much money into their campaign and milk you back when you buy from them.

choose the one that you feel most comfortable with on your back and your pocket :thumbs up:

For sealy, I heard from a friend in the industry that they lie in their advertising. Is this true?
They say that their mattress wires are made of titanium, but actually is less than 0.00001% leh. Titanium is very expensive, takes $10000 just to make a 100% titanium false tooth!

Is the sealy mattress good? I think we should ask for certification for mattress maker's claims. Would help a lot to let us know what exactly is going into our mattress.