Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rumrum

How Long Does Hacking And Tiling Of 1 Kitchen And 2 Toilets Take?

I need advise from RT experts. How long does hacking takes for 1 kitchen and 2 toilets? Mine is a resale flat of 85sqm. Only doing reno to the kitchen and 2 toilets. But my contractor has been telling me his worker is going for hacking refresher course (wasted 1 day), yesterday just finish hacking my kitchen but havent start with the toilets. I have been telling him that I need to move in by 30 Jun and he seems to be taking his own sweet time. How should I chase him for this?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I need advise from RT experts. How long does hacking takes for 1 kitchen and 2 toilets? Mine is a resale flat of 85sqm. Only doing reno to the kitchen and 2 toilets. But my contractor has been telling me his worker is going for hacking refresher course (wasted 1 day), yesterday just finish hacking my kitchen but havent start with the toilets. I have been telling him that I need to move in by 30 Jun and he seems to be taking his own sweet time. How should I chase him for this?

Depend on contractor... some jobs can stack together and do at same time, some jobs overlap other job.

My personal experience, schedule very tight but still do-able. The contractor must be very good in arranging with all his sub cons and workers.

Hacking - 3 days

Make good and plastering - 2~3 days

Waterproofing toilet - 2~3 days

Tiling and cabinet base - 3~5 days

Carpentry - 7~10 days

Toilet accessories - 1 days

Lightings - 1~2 days

Depend on contractor... some jobs can stack together and do at same time, some jobs overlap other job.

My personal experience, schedule very tight but still do-able. The contractor must be very good in arranging with all his sub cons and workers.

Hacking - 3 days

Make good and plastering - 2~3 days

Waterproofing toilet - 2~3 days

Tiling and cabinet base - 3~5 days

Carpentry - 7~10 days

Toilet accessories - 1 days

Lightings - 1~2 days

Tks for your advise. I think I let my contractor workers slack too long liao. I am just renovating one kitchen and two toilets and they took 1.5 weeks to hack all the tiles and clear the debris. Now I really regret using this contractor service. My contractor told me waterproofing will need 1-2 days since my area is so small.

Tks for your advise. I think I let my contractor workers slack too long liao. I am just renovating one kitchen and two toilets and they took 1.5 weeks to hack all the tiles and clear the debris. Now I really regret using this contractor service. My contractor told me waterproofing will need 1-2 days since my area is so small.

Hacking itself must complete in 3 days; this 3 days does not include the time (number of days) to get the hacking permit approved and the time needed to clear away the debris.

Waterproof of toilet minimum need 2 days to compound to fully dry; trust me you wouldnt want the neighbor below to complaint about leaking and hdb slap you to redo the waterproofing, right?

Edited by taichipanda

Hacking itself must complete in 3 days; this 3 days does not include the time (number of days) to get the hacking permit approved and the time needed to clear away the debris.

Waterproof of toilet minimum need 2 days to compound to fully dry; trust me you wouldnt want the neighbor below to complaint about leaking and hdb slap you to redo the waterproofing, right?

2 full days??!! Die liao. I am supposed to hand over my keys of my current flat to my buyer by 01 Jul. At such pace, I dont think I can move in by 30 Jun. Can I terminate his contract in such a manner? But it's a bit tough to get another contractor to do the halfway work. Can anyone advise me?

2 full days??!! Die liao. I am supposed to hand over my keys of my current flat to my buyer by 01 Jul. At such pace, I dont think I can move in by 30 Jun. Can I terminate his contract in such a manner? But it's a bit tough to get another contractor to do the halfway work. Can anyone advise me?

Diva79 is right; go talk to your buyer for allow some extension.

Dont change your contractor now, go talk to them instead. Tell them you die die must shift in on the 30th, see what they say.

hihi, tks for your advise. I did tried to talk to my buyer for extension but they refused. So I can only rush my contractor to finish this month. Finally I see more works done. Waterproofing for 2 toilets, plastering for all wall tiles in kitchen and 2 toilets. The wall tiles are up for master bedroom toilet and kitchen. At such progress, I do not know if my contractor can finish everything by next week??? My contractor really cannot stand my husband nagging almost everyday.

Hi rumrum.

Sad to hear that, in any case the waterproofing is very important. If not done properly than there will be leakage problem which will be very much a hassle later. I think you have to stress to your contractor on the important of moving in and also did you ask or rather inform him/her that you need to move in by a certain date?

Anyway, if really cannot delay handover of your old place maybe you have to consider moving in a little early like maybe kitchen cabinet is not install yet but at least have water to bath and a place to sleep? Can alway eat out, guess you can discuss with your contractor on the schedule or to at least have a proper room to sleep and a toilet that is fully functional? there's always a way to solve your current situation

hihi, tks for your advise. I did tried to talk to my buyer for extension but they refused. So I can only rush my contractor to finish this month. Finally I see more works done. Waterproofing for 2 toilets, plastering for all wall tiles in kitchen and 2 toilets. The wall tiles are up for master bedroom toilet and kitchen. At such progress, I do not know if my contractor can finish everything by next week??? My contractor really cannot stand my husband nagging almost everyday.