Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Minerat

Journey Of My Minaret Walk

I have an ex coll used to have a long island and top of the island is all his star wars collection. Of course only landed can do that cos higher ceiling than hdb.

My island of 10ft is less than 3k but I choose acrylic surface, not quartz. You can do a 16ft?

16ft? Probably around there.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

We received our first 3D drawing for our kitchen yesterday. It was very nice!! (okay we like it). But now faces a few dilemmas regarding the space on top.

Should we

1. Box it up?
  2. Box it up and put a black mirror finish (means more $$$)
  3. Put black mirror finish and lights on top (more $$)
  4. Extend cabinet all the way up (more $$ plus I supposed top cabinets may look unproportionately long)
  5. Do nothing

kitchena.jpg

Edited by Minerat

I think I will find do nothing to be a very big eyesore. There will be about 1ft of recess area on top... I dun think I can tahan. It's definitely box up. Just whether to do any finishing like black mirror or wood grain laminate after the box up.

Black mirror will be like ur backsplash isit? I think it'll prob be the most expensive option. IMHO, keeping it simple same laminates as ur upper cabinets will give the kitchen a simple & clean look. Otherwise might look busy if wood lams. But really depends on ur design theme...

Black mirror will be like ur backsplash isit? I think it'll prob be the most expensive option. IMHO, keeping it simple same laminates as ur upper cabinets will give the kitchen a simple & clean look. Otherwise might look busy if wood lams. But really depends on ur design theme...

You are right. I think we will leave it as it is for the time being.

Okay, between the last update and now, we have also decided to tear down and redo the yard tiles & wet kitchen :dribble: Looks like another island in the wet kitchen also....hahahaha

Gosh, this is addictive... :help:

This weekend is the time to choose tiles. Strangely, I've always felt choosing tiles should happen after we have confirmed the 3D designs but ID said otherwise. But if I don't see the designs, how do I know what colour/schemes I like? Dilemma, dilemma.... :drunk:

i think should box up everything, best to put in cabinets. Then you will have lots of space to hide your stuff. imho not boxing up is an invitation to lots of dust and pests. I can't imagine having lots lizard eggs up there. :o

This weekend is the time to choose tiles. Strangely, I've always felt choosing tiles should happen after we have confirmed the 3D designs but ID said otherwise. But if I don't see the designs, how do I know what colour/schemes I like? Dilemma, dilemma.... :drunk:

Haha, we had the same sentiments as u! But went ahead to choose tiles anyway...

Do post ur selections / shortlists ya!

Today was tile choosing day. Well, I have warned my ID already. He said the longest he ever had with a client was 4 hours....

Well we started off at 11am at Hafary Defu. We ended at around 7pm having visited Hafary Defu, Hup Kiong Defu and the whole list of shops along Balestier (luckily my ID left after the first shop)...and guess what, we haven't shortlisted anything!!! Well, we did initially, but changed our minds so much we were basically back to square one :furious:

But we came back with alot of samples and now planning to go another round on Monday. Apply leave to shop for tiles...cannot believe it! :jawdrop:

Edited by Minerat

Looks like we will be going for another round of tiles selection TODAY as well as Monday. Living room tile is a dilemma now. On the left is what the ID liked and they said the WOW factor is there. On the right is what we like because it is more warm and cosy in feel. How?

livingroomtilescomparis.png

Looks like we will be going for another round of tiles selection TODAY as well as Monday. Living room tile is a dilemma now. On the left is what the ID liked and they said the WOW factor is there. On the right is what we like because it is more warm and cosy in feel. How?

livingroomtilescomparis.png

the ID choice tile is grey?