Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Minerat

Journey Of My Minaret Walk

Day 47 (27 Sep 2012)

Finally, after 47 working days (discounting Sundays and Public Holidays), the house is handed back over to me. After a series of touchups throughout the day, I finally signed the handover form at around 8pm. :notti::deal:

Still must praise my ID abit even though handed over. Refer to picture below...hehehe

pic000329.jpg

Today was the first time I've seen the dry kitchen T5 lighted up because the switches were only installed today as the backsplash came in very late yesterday. So I remarked to Donny that with the lights shining up, can see the top part of the wall plastered very badly. It looks quite unsightly. For me, it was more a passing remark, and I didn't really give it another thought. I also told him it's okay with me.

When I reached home, Donny called me and said he will arrange for the carpenter to come down and put up laminate along that top wall, so that it will look nice! Can't believe got such good ID in Singapore! Hahahaha. House handed over already, money collected already and he stills takes it upon himself to make sure client is 100% satisfied. :bow::good:

Stay tuned for the next few days while I gather my thoughts and share a bit more about my ID team, learning points and of course PICTURES!!! :seeya:

Congrats to your moving in! Enjoy your blessings!

Nice kitchen. Bro, notice under the long table, there appear to be another seperate laminated support located away from the main sink support. When you sit, will your leg accidentally 'hit' this support?

Edited by jumbopanther

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Congrats to your moving in! Enjoy your blessings!

Nice kitchen. Bro, notice under the long table, there appear to be another seperate laminated support located away from the main sink support. When you sit, will your leg accidentally 'hit' this support?

I think it should be okay, though I haven't tried yet. Still haven't bought the dining chairs yet.

Congrats to the reno completion! :yamseng: :yamseng:

Now, waiting eagerly for you to upload all the swee swee pics! :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Ok start with this swee swee picture :P

pic000371.jpg

My hand, after single handedly cleaning the house over 2 days. Even though there was cleaning done before handover, I'd still wanted to make sure it's cleaned to my standard

:rolleyes: But the cleaners did get rid of all the stubborn stains and paint marks, which sorta made it easier for me. So tired I can barely move now.... zz

Argh, my fridge cannot open fully! As a result, the fruit and vegetables drawer can only open halfway before hitting the fridge door. What a bummer :(

My fridge is only 760mm wide. I'd thought the fridge cavity at 900mm is wide enough.. Didn't expect the fridge door must open wide wide de.

pic000334.jpg

Edited by Minerat

Day 47 (27 Sep 2012)

Finally, after 47 working days (discounting Sundays and Public Holidays), the house is handed back over to me. After a series of touchups throughout the day, I finally signed the handover form at around 8pm. :notti::deal:

Still must praise my ID abit even though handed over. Refer to picture below...hehehe

pic000329.jpg

wah your kitchen **** gorgeous can?

Ok start with this swee swee picture :P

pic000371.jpg

My hand, after single handedly cleaning the house over 2 days. Even though there was cleaning done before handover, I'd still wanted to make sure it's cleaned to my standard

:rolleyes: But the cleaners did get rid of all the stubborn stains and paint marks, which sorta made it easier for me. So tired I can barely move now.... zz

WAH!! you have got good fortune hands.... :dribble:

WAH!! you have got good fortune hands.... :dribble:

A lot of meat is it? Ok I have just uploaded all the pics. Time to share soon... :dancingqueen:

chanting "Pictures, Pictures, Pictures,Pictures,Pictures,Pictures,Pictures,Pictures,Pictures,Pictures..............."

Well, you get the picture... :P

Okay, before I share the pictures..let me share abit about my experiences with the mover. For those who have followed my T-blog, you would have known that I had a very bad experience with the previous mover whom I engaged to move out of my previous house. This time round, I was determined to get a good mover. And the mover of choice is CYC Movers

I must really give them 2 thumbs up!! :thumbs up:

For a start, they are very very careful when handling my stuff. That means they are not as fast as other movers but I'd trade that any day to ensure that my things are moved properly. The reason,as I found out, is that each team will only move 1 house a day. Unlike my previous mover who have to rush for another job, CYC movers have the luxury of time to do things slowly, carefully and properly.

They took off their shoes while inside the house, and no trolleys come into my house. All items get hand carried to the trolleys outside. If there's a need to shift heavy furniture so that they can shrink wrap them, they make sure to lift the furniture, and not drag them.

Just look at how they protected my piano. BTW, CYC Movers and the previous one both charged me $80 extra to move the piano but the way they handled my piano is so different! The previous mover just shrink-wrapped it and use cut-board pieces to pad the corners. CYC Movers first shrink-wrapped the piano, then wrap another layer of bubble wrap (those commonly used to protect electrical appliances), then another layer of shrink-wrap, then wrap with the corrugated cut-board protection, and finally another shrink-wrap!!

pic000376.jpg

They also brought along 2 chiller boxes so that I can pack the food in the freezer and fridge into those chiller boxes, before the move.

At the new house, they have to use the trolley to move the piano into the house, so before they do so, they placed the same corrugated cut-board materials on the floor to ensure that the floor is protected. All boxes and other furniture gets hand-carried while inside the house.

All in all, I am very happy with CYC Movers. In fact, I tipped each worker $50 each :yamseng:

I will HIGHLY RECOMMEND them!!

Edited by Minerat

Please remember to take off your shoes, as you step into the living room. It is an area where we gather often to watch the TV or play some XBOX games. The setup is not complete yet as we are still short of the sofa, coffee-table, carpet etc...

pic000347.jpg