Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Minerat

Journey Of My Minaret Walk

Huh what a bummer :jawdrop: scary leh, i have not bought my lights yet!!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Huh what a bummer :jawdrop: scary leh, i have not bought my lights yet!!!

Go to the shop I recommend you Suyun, the prices confirm cheaper than Jalan Besar/Balestier and the service is excellent... :yamseng:

:thumbs up:

We probably did not spend as much time choosing an ID as we would have wanted to. Time is a luxury we cannot afford to waste when we are working adults with 2 young children. We were quite torn initially on whether to go for an ID or a contractor. We knew what we wanted done, but yet we would also appreciate a creative or design element to enhance our house.

Our first stop was the Home Decor Fair at the Singapore Expo. One designer from One Design Werkz really interested us very much. We really felt the chemistry with her and felt the designs in her portfolios were very much a style pleasing to our eyes. We went back the next day and spent a fair amount of time to go through our requirements with her. To be frank, we were prepared to go with her. But right after we have discussed, she dropped a big bombshell - she wanted us to signup and pay a deposit of $3K first before she will do anything. And I mean ANYTHING! I was flabbergasted! Is she seriously expecting us to commit ourselves without even a quotation for us? On top of that, she was very reluctant when asked to show us some of her works. She was always trying to tell us to sign up so that she can start designing for us. Everything else is secondary. Needless to say, we walked away.

I also started reading Renotalk and tried contacting some of the IDs or contractors highly recommended. Most did not even revert to me. Guess the value of my renovation is too small for them. There was also an ID recommended by a friend. After giving us a quotation, he "disappeared". There wasn't any followup, none, zilch...WOW! Not even a call to check if we are ok with the quotation. Is this how the world of ID works?

It was then that OnTheRoad recommended me to her ID, Donny and James from Summit Design. I've also read alot of positive reviews about Summit from this forum. I contacted them, and the rest, as they've said, is history. We signed up with Summit Design on 12 Jun 2012. From the beginning, Donny and James were very prompt to our requests and requirements. More importantly, they showed a genuiune interest in our house. This is a very big contrast to some IDs who provided quotations but no followups thereafter. Or some contractors who basically just tell us they can do everything but not really showing us what they can do for us. We are happy to have gotten that out of the way now... :)

Hi Minaret

Next week will be the "Big Day" where I get the keys to my first landed property. I am totally lost :unsure: as I have never engaged ID before. Is it okay to share the contact and quote of the ID you have engaged :thumbs up: :thumbs up: I must seriously work on the budget of the renovation fast. Thanks yeah !!

Hi Minaret

Next week will be the "Big Day" where I get the keys to my first landed property. I am totally lost :unsure: as I have never engaged ID before. Is it okay to share the contact and quote of the ID you have engaged :thumbs up: :thumbs up: I must seriously work on the budget of the renovation fast. Thanks yeah !!

Congrats! My ID Laska is very good man...check out my thread on "My Villa Verde"! So far I am very please with the coordination work and workmanship. Almost a month into my renovation, most of the basic stuff has been completed, next comes carpentry work soon. :sport-smiley-004:

Hi Minaret

Hi Minaret

Got it !! Thanks for sharing. :sport-smiley-018: and thank you very much :sport-smiley-018: :sport-smiley-018:

Congrats! My ID Laska is very good man...check out my thread on "My Villa Verde"! So far I am very please with the coordination work and workmanship. Almost a month into my renovation, most of the basic stuff has been completed, next comes carpentry work soon. :sport-smiley-004:

Thanks Ehspro....I will go check it out too....its quite a scary procedure for me....I just hope the renov is not going to cost me an arm or a leg :o

Thanks Ehspro....I will go check it out too....its quite a scary procedure for me....I just hope the renov is not going to cost me an arm or a leg :o

Trust me renovation is very addictive... :jawdrop:

Where's your property? How big is the built-up? How old and what do you intend to do?

The LED T5, the 4ft ones which I bought from the lighting shop at Balastier, are super lousy quality!!! :furious:

So far, of the 22, I had already replaced 11 of them. 6 were DOA and the remaining 6 spoilt after less than a month of usage. Most of them I hadn't even turn on for more than 10 times!!! :furious:

Really pissed. Even though there is a 2 years warranty and the shop has been very patient and willing to exchange, but it is a waste of time and money for me to go down all the time to exchange. What is worse is that the new ones they replaced for me (supposedly better quality ones) came with different-sized head so I have to get the electrician to redo the connector :furious: :furious:

The irony when I bought LED is that I DON'T WANT TO SPEND TIME CHANGING BULBS!!! Now every other day I have to unplug the whole T5 and bring it down to change. Really sian!!

May I know which shop is it? Can PM me? We are thinking of buying T5 lights too. Thanks.

Where's your property? How big is the built-up? How old and what do you intend to do?

Hi Minerat, the place is near Siglap Ctr...I don't k what is the built up...land size is abt 2200 sq fr. The house itself is q small actually since its two storey only. It's already 46 year old n v v original, so alot of work to be done n so alot of $$$$ !! ;((

Hi there, Can tell me where did u get the toilet sink in the common toilet??

Thank oyu

This is the common toilet in level 2. We'd wanted something that is soothing and warm in colour. And my wife loves mosaic...so I gotta have them :dancingqueen:

pic000353.jpg

pic000354.jpg

pic000355.jpg

Hi there, Can tell me where did u get the toilet sink in the common toilet??

Thank oyu

All my bathroom accessories are from heritage bathroom at geylang. Look for Sharrine. Very friendly and helpful.

All my bathroom accessories are from heritage bathroom at geylang. Look for Sharrine. Very friendly and helpful.

Can advice on the cost as well? Thank you..