Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Movesie

Evorich High Resistance Flooring

Hi Guys,

My first post in Renotalk Forum!

WTB and myself have been scouting around for vinyl/laminated flooring. We visited the expo couple of days ago and spoke to a couple of flooring company. Evorich qouted 5.95 psf for their high resistance /vinyl flooring and 5.50 psf for laminated flooring. I recalled reading somewhere in renotalk that they can offer contractor price at 5.00 psf for their high resistance/vinyl flooring. Tried to negotiate with the guy at expo and he is quite insistent that 5.95 psf is the contractor price already.

I also spoke to wood culture for their hydro plus lamination and inova for their flooring too. Both are pretty competitive in their pricing. We like Evorich high resistance flooring but find 5.95 psf a bit steep.

Is this really the market rate now for high resistance /vinyl flooring?

We are green when it comes to reno and flooring so I want check around first b4 commit :P

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Google "vinyl flooring health risk" and see the results.

Imo, no responsible person should touch this product, as it poses health issues from production stage and continue to be so throughout it's life in usage.

Linoleum (commonly used in hospital floors) and laminate flooring are truly safe, and also environmentally friendly.

Ask them to test the scratch resistance of vinyl flooring right in front of you. From what I've read and seen, vinyl flooring do not even hold up close to the level of laminate flooring in terms of scratch resistance.

You will be in for a surprise. :)

also ,put it this way, they know we do our homework. So if the person is not keen to seal the deal, the price will remain as it is.

Edited by potat0

Gosh I thought high resistance/vinyl flooring from Evorich is generally better in quality to their laminated flooring? They tested the scratch n water proof flooring in front of me but I think that is using their laminated flooring.

The sales guy from Evorich said their high resistance ac5 flooring offers exactly the same resistance and even better...

Wao... I am in doubt now @@

Gosh I thought high resistance/vinyl flooring from Evorich is generally better in quality to their laminated flooring? They tested the scratch n water proof flooring in front of me but I think that is using their laminated flooring.

The sales guy from Evorich said their high resistance ac5 flooring offers exactly the same resistance and even better...

Wao... I am in doubt now @@

Vinyl is definitely waterproof because it's well, plastic. And plastic being plastic, it's not scratch resistance. it's quite different between vinyl board and laminate board. Vinyl board is very thin. So I doubt they switch it out. It's up to you to decide what will work for you though. i personally will not go for vinyl flooring for the same reason symphony had pointed out.

Laminate flooring is made of HDF board which is generally wood fibre. Thus, it will swell when it gets liquid seeping in from spills. I don't believe those "display" that the companies show during expo and such, with their boards soaked in water and all.

http://elegantfloor.blogspot.sg/

just came across this report - apparently, HERF (high-end resilient flooring) is rated at E1 (excellent) for toxic emissions.

fyi.

That's not a report, but another piece of corrupted whitewash.

The acronym you people put up is apt though, as I read it as "high environmental risk flooring".

I m using Innovar

The price they quote me far more reasonable

U interested u can PM me for the contact person in charged :sport-smiley-004:

i am using Supreme, 8mm thickness, malaysian tropical wood which was explained to me that is supposed to suit our climate rather than those from Europe, not sure though but sounds logical. Service is good and friendly. Got it at $3000 nett for my 4rm flat (3bedrooms + living room)

Hi all,

re·sil·ient

adjective

1.springing back; rebounding.

2.returning to the original form or position after being bent, compressed, or stretched.

3.recovering readily from illness, depression, adversity, or the like; buoyant.

This is what being define.

Ac grading is about abrasion class nothing about scratches.

i went down to the showroom & a salesperson actually share this with me & my wife.

Allure is emboss so when we are talking about sharp object with pressure dragging across. Sure will have scratches. Is there anything scratch proof? If there is please share.

AC5 mean the surface can withstand heavy traffic. Allure is much different comparing with those vinyl flooring. The surface of allure is using ceramic bead coating, when traditional vinyl floors is on PU coating. That is why the wear resistant is much much higher for HERF.