Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dreamzgal

Sincere Seller

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Same i have the same thouhts. If agents think that they have only 25% chance of getting the commission and thus not putting in enough hard work dan i would defintely drop the agent.

Shouldnt agents try their best and help us looks for our dream units. What about standing in the shoes of buyers that some of us are emptying our life savings (at least for me) to get a house that i like and i need to pay agent fees.

I had 3 agents at the same time looking houses for me before i decided on my current house. But out of these 3 agents, the agent that helped me find my dream unit was the most hardworking and most on and fighting for us for the best prices.

i paid him $5885 in commission (very hearth pain) but at least i knew that i paid to a agent who did his work and was pro active. Luckily i did know have an agent that only wanted to do some work and worried not to get commission.

Yes, agent should try their best to get a dream home for the buyer, i can agree with that. If I have 5 buyer who only engage me only and 5 buyers who engage me and 3 other agents. Who do you think i put my best effort on? Of course, the the 5 buyers I know my commission is better guaranteed get my priority. Busy agent will chose who they want to work with. Likely, the agent drop you before you drop them.

If i am the boss, i will also be delighted to know my employee willingly do some work without knowing if they get pay or not. In Singapore, can anyone survive on this business model??

If that is the case dan don waste each party's time and i would move on. Besides the agent is not professional in his dealings then.

Yes, Bro. I have done my fair share of homework.

Hi realconsultant,

We know the agent "personally" so he knows that we are only working with him.

But looking at the attitude/situation now, I second Sandal Bro that I rather "mai" and look for other alternative.

Things are moving very slowly and it's tiring to keep on "chasing".

I don't think I should be the one looking at Property websites and provide info for viewing arrangement, right!

Agents are being paid for a reason!

They are needed for their professional help & advise!

No offence, please... just sharing my thoughts as I have my own fustration.

If he the only agent...haiz....

Well you have given him the chance to work with you be he did not treasure it. I got nothing to say.

If that is the case dan don waste each party's time and i would move on. Besides the agent is not professional in his dealings then.

An agent have only 24hours a day.....shouldnt he/she chose who to serve so that his/her fanmily get feed. What wrong with giving less priority when serving buyer with multiple agents??

If you have 3 agents all working very hard for you, are you being fair to all of them....eventually only one lucky agent get paid......is this professional dealing of the buyer?

I am paying for professional services from the agents.

Read my earlier posts. I said change agents cause some agents are sucky and some are always avoiding and not answering questions. Think about it would you wanna work with such agents when you are the 1 paying. I wouldnt for sure and i am lucky my last agent is like this.

You have your view as a agent and i have my view as a buyer. My view is stand is that i am paying for commission and the agent need to be professional and adapt to me and not i adapt to the agent. As a buyer i should expose myself to all agents and options. Narrowing down to a agent just simply narrows down my option. I am a buyer ma so i sure selfish and care about myself more which i think most seller do. Somemore we are paying quite high in commision bro.

Anyway sister if the agent you have knows you only use him and his attitude like that i rather you drop lor. He doesnt deserve his chance at all lor

Edited by Sandal

An agent have only 24hours a day.....shouldnt he/she chose who to serve so that his/her fanmily get feed. What wrong with giving less priority when serving buyer with multiple agents??

If you have 3 agents all working very hard for you, are you being fair to all of them....eventually only one lucky agent get paid......is this professional dealing of the buyer?

Read my earlier posts. I said change agents cause some agents are sucky and some are always avoiding and not answering questions. Think about it would you wanna work with such agents when you are the 1 paying. I wouldnt for sure and i am lucky my last agent is like this.

You have your view as a agent and i have my view as a buyer. My view is stand is that i am paying for commission and the agent need to be professional and adapt to me and not i adapt to the agent. As a buyer i should expose myself to all agents and options. Narrowing down to a agent just simply narrows down my option. I am a buyer ma so i sure selfish and care about myself more which i think most seller do. Somemore we are paying quite high in commision bro.

Anyway sister if the agent you have knows you only use him and his attitude like that i rather you drop lor. He doesnt deserve his chance at all lor

as agents, even though only have 24 hours, but agents are like sales person. If want to close more deals, then have to have more clients. Even though not all clients sign exclusive, you still have to do your best so that you can close the deal. Of course not all 10 clients will definitely buy/sell through you. but if you only have 5 and concentrate on these 5 but have 40% of closing which is 2. Why not have 10 and have 30% of closing then you will have 3 deals to close. isn't that better?

Definitely, if i get lousy agent ...i will change it too. I just want to hightlight the problem as to why agent prefer buyer who only engage one agent to help.

as agents, even though only have 24 hours, but agents are like sales person. If want to close more deals, then have to have more clients. Even though not all clients sign exclusive, you still have to do your best so that you can close the deal. Of course not all 10 clients will definitely buy/sell through you. but if you only have 5 and concentrate on these 5 but have 40% of closing which is 2. Why not have 10 and have 30% of closing then you will have 3 deals to close. isn't that better?

I understand what you mean....the problem is there is a maximum amount of client a agent can handle at a time. When the limit is exceeded, then the agent have to chose who to keep and who to kick.

Try to keep all, that the service will deteriorate.

Edited by realconsultant

I understand what you mean....the problem is there is a maximum amount of client a agent can handle at a time. When the limit is exceeded, then the agent have to chose who to keep and who to kick.

Try to keep all, that the service will deteriorate.

The market is open. Agents can choose which customer to kick and which to keep....same....buyers can choose which agent to kick and which to keep.

End of the day....the buyer is still king, cuz the money is in their pocket. Seller is also king, cuz they decide to sell or not to sell.

Agent just sit in the middle and suck thumb...so pls...agent don't yaya and think they can decide to keep or kick others

When doing property selling or buying.

No one is the KING

When either side has the mindset that they are the KING.

They will start to think themselves always RIGHT.

They will not listen to other people.

Regardless of Buyer or seller. Both had to do their own homework same as the agents.

If either party 100% depend on the agents. That is their decision.

U need to know what you want.

When we will looking for HDB during 2009, we come across an agent hung up my spouse call after he heard my spouse say we don't have HLE.

My spouse call and ask "check with you regarding the advertisement of Blk XXX, ..

Agent : U have HLE?

My spouse: HLE? Don't have

Agent : Call me when your HLE is approve.

Then hung up before my spouse can react.

My spouse look at me and ask.. simi is HLE??

I look my spouse and say " We don't need HLE. We PAY FULL."

We left our contact to quite a number of agents but in the end. We found our present house ourselves thru' straits times.

There are no who right or wrong.

If you think the agent don't serve you well. Just walk out.

Property agent also trying to earn their living.

Every trade has black sheep.

Don't tell me. Your office don't have meh? Or you never seen one?

interesting discussion - just want to add my opinions

1. Agents definitely can choose buyers who has deep pockets to buy, rather than realize that buyers are "tuo kang" and not end up buying - wasting everyone time

2. If both buyer and sellers knows the economics of the role played by agents - which is , the agent plays the bridge between buyer and seller. That equation part is the agent is providing additional added service so that buyer knows more information and seller no need to entertain so many people. Now imagine the industry without agent. How many buyers and sellers need to meet from maths calculations ?

3. Whether the agent play good service or not, it is individual agent themselves. But look at point 2 from economics view (not from service view), both side of customers will feel better.

4.Agents need to survive, therefore they are allow to choose who to work with. Similarly customers also need to survive, they want to pay less or free better. There will be a price equilibrium where both agreed on a commission on a satisfactory service. Please don't pay $1 to have customer services. Agents are human too and have family to feed as well.

For me, although still looking for another pty, I rather make many agent friends. I always tell myself : NO agent should bow to me or should spent much time with me just because I am a "potential" buyer.

Ideally, market forces are determined by demand (buyers) and supply (sellers). Prices achieve equilibrium when both meets.

However due to misinformation in the market, the role of agents are brought in to resolve the misinformation.

But the irony is, the system that is created for agents to exist, does the exact opposite, that is to create even more misinformation.

1) Agents get their commissions based on a %. This pushes them to advise their clients to sell high or buy high.

2) Agents get earn their living by closing deals, no matter in good or bad conscience. Industry only regulate them not to represent buyer and seller at the same time. To earn their living, will agents admit to buyers the price will be dropping and don't buy now? Neither will agents advise the seller not to sell now as the prices will go up further. They just want to close the deal! This simply becomes a vicious cycle the market misinformation becomes more severe.

Market fair price will never be achieved.

As the market gets more educated and information becomes more available, misinformation reduces and I wonder if agents in 10years time will just end up doing only paperwork for their clients for a flat fee.

Agents who are allowed to advise clients should be from independent sources and not agents depending on it for a living.

The property tax and stamp duties collected by govt should fund this independent sources. Set up a central agency to determine the fair market price (I assume HDB valuation is doing this now and assume they are indeed fair and free from political interference)

Agents should be paid by this central agency based on how close to the valuation price they close their deals. not higher or lower. This will encourage agents to spread the true information.

Sorry if I sound anti-agents..but surely these are not directed at agents, but rather the system.

Edited by blueriverview

Agents' basic roles are to kick and keep, to make milk and honey. Agents who can't kick and keep, make no milk & honey.

Seller & buyer are the cows and bees.

Simple right? It doesn't mean easy, remember this.

The market is open. Agents can choose which customer to kick and which to keep....same....buyers can choose which agent to kick and which to keep.

End of the day....the buyer is still king, cuz the money is in their pocket. Seller is also king, cuz they decide to sell or not to sell.

Agent just sit in the middle and suck thumb...so pls...agent don't yaya and think they can decide to keep or kick others

hmm... blueriverview...probably you did not read all the message before it to make comment.

See an agent have only that much of time a day, maybe in the evening a agent at best can only serve 2 buyers to view 3 houses each (total 6 location). Hence, in a week , an agent on average can only serve about 10 buyer plus the sellers. How can an agent keep all buyers to serve, of course he would want to select who to serve. If you have more than you can handle, it is only right that you keep some and kick some, rather then to give a sub-standard service to all.

Please dont you treat your boss like 'KING' because the money is in his pocket? Have some self respect for yourself and your profession.....your boss need your skill as much as you need his money.

No time to suck thumb, sorry to disappoint you. See it is 12:05am now, i am still working.