Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Gymrat76

Led Downlights

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

Anyone got contacts for reliable LED lights with warranty at reasonable prices?

Please share. Thanks.

after looking for 2wks at balestier, geylang, Jln Besar, i have decided to take the plunge for the LED downlights. to balance the cost, i decided to go for LED downlights for the living room area and kitchen (used most often) and the rest normal PLC (cheaper and can replace bulb myself). For the LED downlights, i managed to get 2 yrs on-site warranty as which is not common.

Price for 6" is $68 while the PLC are $28 for 6". Will be installing next week, cant tell the performance yet.

Model is....http://www.combglow.com/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,default,0&cntnt01browsecattemplate=Product%20Menu&cntnt01category_id=4&cntnt01returnid=51&active=Downlight#

model is 9112 with the glass panel.

after looking for 2wks at balestier, geylang, Jln Besar, i have decided to take the plunge for the LED downlights. to balance the cost, i decided to go for LED downlights for the living room area and kitchen (used most often) and the rest normal PLC (cheaper and can replace bulb myself). For the LED downlights, i managed to get 2 yrs on-site warranty as which is not common.

Price for 6" is $68 while the PLC are $28 for 6". Will be installing next week, cant tell the performance yet.

Model is....http://www.combglow.com/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,default,0&cntnt01browsecattemplate=Product%20Menu&cntnt01category_id=4&cntnt01returnid=51&active=Downlight#

model is 9112 with the glass panel.

if u take $68 for normal LED which china or taiwan, why dont consider philips green LED downlight only $85?

if u take $68 for normal LED which china or taiwan, why dont consider philips green LED downlight only $85?

i did consider philips LED. It is only 4" and doesn't come with on-site warranty. i prefer those with the glass surrounding with philips does not have

The new Philips 58144 LED downlight is cool, but it is very expensive now. Anyone has lobang to get this at a lower price?

anyone here bought your led downlight from LED ECO lighting...@ Blk 302 ubi...their price look very cheap but only 6 month warranty. Dont know it worth or not keke

6 months warranty sounds scary lei. My principle is that if the seller claim that LED Is meant to last for 5 years or whatever amount of years they claim, shouldn't they give at least 2 year warranty? I mean, isn't it the whole point of LED? Some more it usually takes about 1-2 years to see the savings from LED as compared to non-LED lights.

Hi,

I have been shopping around for LED Downlight and the more shops I been to the more confused I get. So I need expert here to advise.

Where it is made?

Some shops told me there is no such thing a Taiwan made LED as all are China made.

Other shops told me only to buy Taiwan made LED as they are more reliable to provide 2 years warranty (one year on site one year 1-1 exchange).

And then other shops say to buy those Made in China but comes with Taiwan brand chipset (or Samsung or etc).

So which is right?

Driver?

Was told to pay attention to the driver and never to get those from Made in China brand. Then the story starts all over again as above.

Heatsink?

Was told that the lifespan (fading of light intensity) was directly due to the design of heatsink. So a "solid" LED downlight should have good heatsink design. Is this true and what constitute a good heatsink?

Thanks in advance for advise.

Hi,

I have been shopping around for LED Downlight and the more shops I been to the more confused I get. So I need expert here to advise.

Where it is made?

Some shops told me there is no such thing a Taiwan made LED as all are China made.

Other shops told me only to buy Taiwan made LED as they are more reliable to provide 2 years warranty (one year on site one year 1-1 exchange).

And then other shops say to buy those Made in China but comes with Taiwan brand chipset (or Samsung or etc).

So which is right?

Driver?

Was told to pay attention to the driver and never to get those from Made in China brand. Then the story starts all over again as above.

Heatsink?

Was told that the lifespan (fading of light intensity) was directly due to the design of heatsink. So a "solid" LED downlight should have good heatsink design. Is this true and what constitute a good heatsink?

ma

Thanks in advance for advise.

Ya, so many things to consider right... Also don't know who to trust. That's why end of the day, I chose the one that can give me good warranty. No matter what happen, get the seller to fix for you. So no need headache. Just kp the seller and ask the to fix.

I asked for at least 2 year warranty cos I did some calculation and in order to get back the savings from LED, need abt 2 years.

Also, I made sure that the seller can do on-site warranty. Because I'm not good with taking down and fixing up stuff. I can't see myself taking the downlights out from the ceiling and putting it back without damaging anything in the process.. HAHA! :rofl:

i had finished renovation more than nearly a year (bought my led downlights on last year april from ledlightsg.com/testimonial/)

few tips for those people who just gotten the key.

1. get good quality light. as for my case, i have budget so didnt get philips led light. But i also refuse to get those low quality light. Since i have been using the led downlights from ledlightsg.com near to a year and it still bright as first day & save electricity.

2. even you have a good light , but the skill/person to install the light is important too.I had a friend who engage a contractor to install the philips light but

eventually it cause most of the philips light's driver spoilt due to the poor installation skill ( not sure how they install though)

3. warranty of the light. at least get light covered with 1 year warranty