Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Life works in a wonderful way sometimes. Its funny how am I actually starting a T-blog here when all I wanted (when I joined renotalk) was to research on contractors for my parents home. The contractor/tiler that I engaged was did an excellent job and we hired her for a few more jobs. That was when I met my fiance! He was the son of the auntie contractor. Well, we met, he did some projects and we fell for each other. Hahahaha... to cut a long story short, we are engaged and is starting renovating our own home! *yippy* Ok, shant bore everyone (if there is anyone at all.)

Mine house is a resale 5 room flat. Its about 30 yrs old.

ID firm: My hubby's company of cos! Custom Box

Got keys: 30th April 2012

Reno start date: 27 June 2012

floorplan.jpg

Edited by MsChocobanana

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Living room n dining room from balcony

IMG_3432.jpg

Living room n main door from balcony

IMG_3436.jpg

Living room n balcony from main door

IMG_3437.jpg

Dinng room from living room

IMG_3440.jpg

Main door and kitchen entrance from dining room

IMG_3447.jpg

Bedroom 1 from entrance

IMG_3468.jpg

Bedroom 1 from inside room

IMG_3471.jpg

Common washroom

IMG_3491.jpg

View from kitchen window

IMG_3495.jpg

I dont know if I can post so many pictures in here or not. Please let me know if i'm doing it wrong. :dunno:

Halo MsChocoBanana,

Welcome to Renotalk. Congrats on your new house. LOL :sport-smiley-004:

Hello brandonlky.. you reply very fast! R u incharge of this topic or a regular forumer? I just managed to post pictures, is there a limit of how many pictures I can post? Sorry, I am nt very familar with this heavy posting.

I seem to be spamming my own blog. Hahah.. anyway, as you can see, the condition of this flat is very good. But, its not what we like, so we have discussed what we want and this is the revised floorplan.

Floorplan (after hacking some walls)

IMG_5953.jpg

We decided to change the masterbed room to bedroom 1. Because the master window overlooks the carpark while bedroom 1,2 and balcony looks towards the greenery and river.

Also, we remove the storeroom so as to link bedroom 1 to the master toilet. this will become my wardrobe!! The remaining orginal master will be his office.

The other wall we hack is the one infront of the main door and between the main door and kitchen. As our kitchen is long, and i really want to have a more open kitchen ala masterchef style, he plan it this way to make it bigger.

Floorplan in detail

IMG_5954.jpg

I will post our inspiration soon.

Any comments from our fellow forumers?

Hello brandonlky.. you reply very fast! R u incharge of this topic or a regular forumer? I just managed to post pictures, is there a limit of how many pictures I can post? Sorry, I am nt very familar with this heavy posting.

Hahahah. No i am not in charge. Just a newbie in the forum welcoming new members. :sport-smiley-004:

Dun think there is a limit in the number of pictures u can post, but i could be wrong. hee hee hee

Hahahah. No i am not in charge. Just a newbie in the forum welcoming new members. :sport-smiley-004:

Dun think there is a limit in the number of pictures u can post, but i could be wrong. hee hee hee

Thanks brandonlky for the warm welcome :)

A few suggestions:

1) You can do a kitchen island for your dining area since the area is big, kitchen island allows you to have more storage space and provide a grand look. Since you emphasis on your TV feature wall, the more you should emphasis on the dining area to match the look. Having a dining table is fine, but the feeling and look are too plain.

2) You can do a swing-out glass door for your MBR toilet, instead of swinging inward since the new hollow wall does not have new wardrobe/cabinet, this allows you to do a swing-out door to save space for your MBR toilet. You then can place the basin in the MBR toilet instead of placing it outside the toilet. Then you can focus on longer or wider built-in wardrobe. You will never know when you need more space for clothes

3) Ideally, it doesn't look nice to change the bedroom door entrance facing the dining area. I prefer the door entrance to remain where it is, so your guests cannot look into the bedroom while dining in the dining area.

Congrats in finding move in unexpected places... hahaha..... where is your new home going to be? overlooking river? hmmm.... sound very nice!

i would think the master toilet to use sliding door might be even better. i think special permit is needed to move the basin to outside of toilet. as suggested by aya, remain the basin in toilet would be safer on leakages.

also agreed with aya, the door to the empty room should remain. then no need for you to hack wall and seal up existing door. wasting money for nothing.

just suggestions. :sport-smiley-004:

Wow.. such a long walk-in wardrobe! I love! :wub:

Agree with Aya, you can put the basin in the bathroom and door can swing outward. This will give you more space for storage!

The space at the living room there is a bit wasted. Maybe can have a mini "balcony".

Life works in a wonderful way sometimes. Its funny how am I actually starting a T-blog here when all I wanted (when I joined renotalk) was to research on contractors for my parents home. The contractor/tiler that I engaged was did an excellent job and we hired her for a few more jobs. That was when I met my fiance! He was the son of the auntie contractor. Well, we met, he did some projects and we fell for each other. Hahahaha... to cut a long story short, we are engaged and is starting renovating our own home! *yippy* Ok, shant bore everyone (if there is anyone at all.)

Mine house is a resale 5 room flat. Its about 30 yrs old.

ID firm: My hubby's company of cos! Custom Box

Got keys: 30th April 2012

Reno start date: 27 June 2012

floorplan.jpg

Congats to u and your hubby

Floor area indeed big I m sure u'll enjoy the process of reno coz done by your hubby

Remem post pics to share :yamseng: