Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Good morning everyone!

I just dropped by my place this morning before i head off to work and it was a nice surprise!

This is how my 'tv wall' is going to look like. The doors are huge! and very well done once again. :D Glad to have such good team of carpenters working on this. Next ,Once the effect is done, it will look like raw concrete wall with built in/flush (correct term?) 60" TV! YAY!

yes, totally agreed with you. go for a 60" tv... you need it! :dancingqueen:

Halo Ms ChocoBanana, the brick wall and tv feature cabinets really lengthens your already "longish" living room. Well designed and it must have cost a bomb for the extensive carpentry in the living and kitchen. At first i thought the TV storage wall is open concept shelvings which look great too.

Now I can piece out your hubby's concept into reality. Keep it up :)

Hi, saw your TV panel wall, it looks really nice, can kindly share your carpenter contact? And hows the charges like?

thank you!

Halo Ms ChocoBanana, the brick wall and tv feature cabinets really lengthens your already "longish" living room. Well designed and it must have cost a bomb for the extensive carpentry in the living and kitchen. At first i thought the TV storage wall is open concept shelvings which look great too.

Now I can piece out your hubby's concept into reality. Keep it up :)

Moniji,

Thanks for the compliment! :D You can contact my hubby if you wish to have carpentry works done as I do not have their contact. As for prices....... hmmmm... i also dont know how much.. LOL Hubby is handling all the reno works. I just wait for it to finish and do QC.

revox88,

Hello hello.. yes, we have this design as it will make our house more open (also good for my dogs to play ball and run about)especially with all his specially designed concealed storage system. He is very good with all these, so when he came out with ideas, i choose the one that i like best. You know what, the open concept is a very good design, some clients specially pointed out that they wan these and when I saw it, it works very well. As a function idea as well as a decorative idea.

Regarding the cost (not sure if it cost a bomb) to me its free .. but to frens that he did design for, its very reasonable considering the quality (as with everything, there are cheaper things, and there are more expensive ones.) As a tip for everyone who is doing or going to do renovation soon. Its always good to gauge if the price is reasonable with respect to the quantity, quality, service, trustworthiness. most people look at the items and compare only quantity/the amount of work done, but many do not realise that things that are not on the quotation are equally impt eg the last 3 traits that i mentions. I believe some ppl in renotalk have experience with ID or contractors who did a bad job or ran away or give shoddy work or things like that.. aiya, but thats my opinion, not everyone sees the same way as me.. all in all, as long the reno process is a happy one can already. right.

I shall stop here before the caffine makes me type on and on and on! :dribble:

revox88,

Hello hello.. yes, we have this design as it will make our house more open (also good for my dogs to play ball and run about)especially with all his specially designed concealed storage system. He is very good with all these, so when he came out with ideas, i choose the one that i like best. You know what, the open concept is a very good design, some clients specially pointed out that they wan these and when I saw it, it works very well. As a function idea as well as a decorative idea.

Regarding the cost (not sure if it cost a bomb) to me its free .. but to frens that he did design for, its very reasonable considering the quality (as with everything, there are cheaper things, and there are more expensive ones.) As a tip for everyone who is doing or going to do renovation soon. Its always good to gauge if the price is reasonable with respect to the quantity, quality, service, trustworthiness. most people look at the items and compare only quantity/the amount of work done, but many do not realise that things that are not on the quotation are equally impt eg the last 3 traits that i mentions. I believe some ppl in renotalk have experience with ID or contractors who did a bad job or ran away or give shoddy work or things like that.. aiya, but thats my opinion, not everyone sees the same way as me.. all in all, as long the reno process is a happy one can already. right.

I shall stop here before the caffine makes me type on and on and on! :dribble:

I agree nonetheless regarding your points on renovation. Instead of comparing tons of quotations, try to look for someone who has creditable records and provides good after-sales service in terms on rectification. Renovation is an enjoyable process for me too and i sure looking forward to your completed makeover of your flat! Cheers :)!

I agree nonetheless regarding your points on renovation. Instead of comparing tons of quotations, try to look for someone who has creditable records and provides good after-sales service in terms on rectification. Renovation is an enjoyable process for me too and i sure looking forward to your completed makeover of your flat! Cheers :)!

Thanks revox88! How was your reno process like? Sorry, i dont know if you have a t-blog, i didnt have time browse.

To fellow forumers, I was not able to answer some of the PMs yesyerday but please be patient.. will do so immediately (right now i only have lunch hour to browse them and I'll be working late these 3 days so... will try my best!) :unsure:

My wardrobe is well, 90% done. There was some damange to one of the drawers so the carpenters will be changing it. I think it fell off n chipped or something during transportation. The room has been neglected .. haha.. focused too much on the living room and also I'm still deciding what to do to the bed room.. platform or not, what kind of feature wall to do (we have a few ideas and really wish I can do them all!)

SO as you can see here, hubs built me bag displays area (are they called shelves? no right?) with wardrobe space extending all the way to the wash basin. Thats where I will have to do up nicely myself to put my hair stuff, skincare, cosmetics. There will be a compartment for my long dresses (maxi dresses and evening dresses, there will an area for 2 tier clothes hanging for short dresses and shirts. there rest are compartments specially for tee shirts or garments that is not easily crumpled. This way, space is used more efficiently.

This inside is very nicely done and its unfortunate that I dont have any pictures of it.

The purple is the base paint so that is not done yet, this as well as the flooring will be later. we going to touch up later once we decided on the feature wall.

3-1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Thanks revox88! How was your reno process like? Sorry, i dont know if you have a t-blog, i didnt have time browse.

To fellow forumers, I was not able to answer some of the PMs yesyerday but please be patient.. will do so immediately (right now i only have lunch hour to browse them and I'll be working late these 3 days so... will try my best!) :unsure:

Hi MsChoco, mine was fine as it was second time renovating the same unit. So experiences does count hahaha...But anyway, i always enjoyed the process. You may want to view it at the link below:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=48246

Cheers!

My wardrobe is well, 90% done. There was some damange to one of the drawers so the carpenters will be changing it. I think it fell off n chipped or something during transportation. The room has been neglected .. haha.. focused too much on the living room and also I'm still deciding what to do to the bed room.. platform or not, what kind of feature wall to do (we have a few ideas and really wish I can do them all!)

SO as you can see here, hubs built me bag displays area (are they called shelves? no right?) with wardrobe space extending all the way to the wash basin. Thats where I will have to do up nicely myself to put my hair stuff, skincare, cosmetics. There will be a compartment for my long dresses (maxi dresses and evening dresses, there will an area for 2 tier clothes hanging for short dresses and shirts. there rest are compartments specially for tee shirts or garments that is not easily crumpled. This way, space is used more efficiently.

This inside is very nicely done and its unfortunate that I dont have any pictures of it.

The purple is the base paint so that is not done yet, this as well as the flooring will be later. we going to touch up later once we decided on the feature wall.

3-1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

very nice....is the purple wall part of the original store room wall? what;s behind it now?

Thank you Getzski!

The purple wall separates hubby's office n mbr. It was part of storeroom but we hacked away to open up so the original mbr n room 1 was connected. Now room 1 n part of original mbr is the current mbr, the remaining original mbr is his office. Ehhh.. Am I making sense? Think gt a floorplan in page 1.. ( sry, can't paste image using phone)

Edited by MsChocobanana

Wowweee!!! I super love ur carpentry works...and the flooring.. Somehow it evoke warm feeling... Seriously, can i get ur hubby's contact? Seems his ideas and team are awesome.

I havent start on any reno yet... :( my hubby told me to take things sloooowly... So it's only me looking for ideas... Not really good at it, though...

Wowweee!!! I super love ur carpentry works...and the flooring.. Somehow it evoke warm feeling... Seriously, can i get ur hubby's contact? Seems his ideas and team are awesome.

I havent start on any reno yet... :( my hubby told me to take things sloooowly... So it's only me looking for ideas... Not really good at it, though...

Hello hello sygnur!

Thank yoooooouuuuuuu! Super happy to see ur post after a uber long day at work. Yes, I'll PM u his contact. I agree His workmanship is good (and I'm not bias ah) cos I hve low threshold for lousy quality. hahaha.. The searching for ideas is the funest part. Dont need to be good at it, just know wat U like n leave the Rest to the ID, cos thats what they r for. After u searched, u can narrow down the theme u wan, any special features u like, eg bag display, open concept masterchef-style kitchen. after that then see which suit ur budget. It shld be a enjoyable process - To sit with ur hubby at a cafe, discuss abt the future home :) take ur time, plan properly, if u Wana finish after cny shld hv enough time. If before cny or Xmas, hv to decide soon. Not that I'm stressing u, but its known that oct - jan r usually the busiest period for IDs n carpenters. Those getting keys in oct/nov already booked their ID, materials n even bought some of their electrical appliances..Sometimes, laminate can run out of stock n that will screw up ur design n Reno process.

Ah shucks, there I go again, blabbing on n on! Hope u have a fun Reno! I will look forward to ur Reno journey :)

Hi! I saw your t-blog and really like the fact that your husband delivers quality workmanship and considers the client's budget! Can you please PM me his contact? Thanks!

Wow! Thanks for the affirmation. *glee* Really happy to know that there are more ppl viewing my blog than I expected (thought will be a handful only). Ya, we going through the usual process of work, marriage n buying a home, so he knows how impt to keep within the budget for clients. ( it's gd especially in this line, cos need a good reputation to survive. Many ID n carpenter's bad work attitude give ppl in this line a bad name. His mother can go on n on abt them, as she is a tiler n seen many lousy workmanship/attitude.). Shall cut my story short! Haha.. Old habit of 'talking too much'. If u need any help, queries, feel free to ask me. Im happy to be distracted from work every now and then. I will PM u his contact tmr morning cos Duno how to PM with HP.