Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Wow! Ur project as in you do them urself too? :thumbs up:

I asked hubs, he said thats pine wood. Hope this info helps :)

Yup DIY. Hmmmm pine wood, must have stained the wood.

It really helps to create the warmth in your room.

Arent you moving in yet? I see that you are near 100% completion :)..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yup DIY. Hmmmm pine wood, must have stained the wood.

It really helps to create the warmth in your room.

Arent you moving in yet? I see that you are near 100% completion :)..

Yes, near 100%. We have a bit more work to do before its livable, then the other non-vital furnitures like sofa and coffee table will come in after we move in (meaning, after the husband is free and have time to make them. I didnt want to have any doors in our home except of the main door of cos! its nice this way, as the threee of us, hubby, doggy and myself can walk ard freely (without having to open, shut door behind us.) But he said its needed cos of aircon. obviously telling me that he needs to slp with it on while i dont. So.. we are still undecided on what door. Need to sit him down and discuss.

Hope to get updates on ur DIY projects, its going to be so fun to create something by hand. :) Enjoy the process, Revox88!

I like your s/s kitchen. Really not common in Singapore (tho I see lots in US mags). Do share more pics when the rest of the house is ready. When do you plan to move in?

I like your s/s kitchen. Really not common in Singapore (tho I see lots in US mags). Do share more pics when the rest of the house is ready. When do you plan to move in?

Morning adidaem!

sry to respond so late. Been awfully busy. Moving over will be real soon, we are just finalising some essential stuff before we can move in.

Well, the curtains are up. Take a look at the colour theme of the bedside of our MBR. the wardrobe have been shown in earlier posts.. soon when hubby is free he will mount our room tv. The room doors cannot be made as its the industry's crazy period,no one is available to make it to his customisation. we will be doorless for a while, just the way I like it. things yet to be bought or made are bedside tables/lamps, baskets for my toiletries.

bedsideofMBR.jpg

the blinds are up too. deep woody colour to go with our house. Boy is it solid, so heavy and wont flip around when the wind blows in.. :thumbs up: (ignore the ladder)

come this weekend, I can take a proper pic.. it was too late last night n too tiring to shift the things aside to have a proper picture.

31954C85-FBA7-4252-90A0-C6F9CA25F146-4395-00000758625831F8-1.jpg

Edited by MsChocobanana

Hubs and I were doing up the house over the weekend. He continued his woodworks while i set up our xmas tree. There! It looks a bit naked for now, I will be getting up nice and pretty soon! :sport-smiley-018: Oh yes, we have our 3 tier cabinet and chairs ready.. waiting for the other items to trickle in over the month..

Looks like its going to be a busy week getting my photography works up and marking out the spots to hang them.

housewithxmastree-1small.jpg

Looking great! Especially with little tints of greenery against the brick wall and dark flooring. Xmas is indeed coming to your home hahaha..

Thanks revox88! I didnt see it that way, i was along the line of a "Naked tree for a naked house!" hahahaha..

(oh just realised i had this picture taken too. Little cabinet by the door.)

3-tiercabinet-small.jpg

Monday isnt so bad when there are updates on new house or should I say, new home.

Our custom-made metal gate is up.. ooh its perfect for our home.

Photo taken from inside

maindoor.jpg

Photo taken from outside

metalgate-small.jpg

And this is how our home looks like with the Christmass tree lights on :)

Christmastree.jpg

Realised that there was quite a lot of nitty gritty auntie things to do like cloth-pegs and baskets for cloth-pegs..

Hi hi Jardim, I just PM-ed you. :sport-smiley-018:

Hi MsChocobanana (ur nick sounds very yummy)

Appreciate if u can pm me ur ID's contact. Thanks in advance :)

Ur place looks seriously awesome. It really feels cosy. Since young, I've always wanted to stay in a red brick wall house bt I'm worried bout e maintenance (I want an easy peasy n low maintenance home :P) At e same time, I want a minimalist/all white/monochrome/neutral colour home! Hahaha! I know it's impossible to hv those theme for the whole house. Ok. Enuf of my ideas. I really really love ur home. I really do!

Hi MsChocobanana (ur nick sounds very yummy)

Appreciate if u can pm me ur ID's contact. Thanks in advance :)

Ur place looks seriously awesome. It really feels cosy. Since young, I've always wanted to stay in a red brick wall house bt I'm worried bout e maintenance (I want an easy peasy n low maintenance home :P) At e same time, I want a minimalist/all white/monochrome/neutral colour home! Hahaha! I know it's impossible to hv those theme for the whole house. Ok. Enuf of my ideas. I really really love ur home. I really do!

Good morning Beezewax! (your nick reminds me of burts bee's lip balm!) :yamseng:

Thank you for popping by my blog even though its not as technical as other blogs around. My hubby is my ID, he does some works himself like the brickwall and MBR tv feature wall while the other works, carpentry, electrical were done by his team of ppl. I will PM you his contact ok. I cant be around when the works were done thus, not many photos of it being assembled, all those technical terms is quite unfamilar to me too.

The brick wall is not hard to maintain as long it doesn’t come in contact with water, its fine. I used a vacuum cleaner to remove my dog's fur that sometimes get trapped there.

I'm really happy that you share our concept and of what I call raw/ natural textures and tones. That is made homely and cosy with furnishing. Initially we have all these ideas too, and hub was able to incorporate the essential elements of the ideas into what we have now. For our home, we used close-to-nature colours and textures (woody, bricky, stoney kind) such that different parts of the house is different yet tied by one theme.

For the 'minimalist' part, we have our cabinets concealed like my Tv feature wall and show cabinet) such that the whole house looks clean and neat (show u the pictures below). Eventually if we are tired of the look, we can just shift the furnitures around, bring out the coffee bar, paint the brick wall over to say shades of dark grey and viola! :paint: New look without much cost – all can DIY.

The idea you have, its going to be workable If you have been wanting this kind of home, then why not do it? Share with you one picture I was inspired by.. ( haha.. not trying to tempt you but just stating how I would feel if I'm in your shoes :dunno: ) Else you will keep thinking how wld it be like if you have a place of your dreams.

Recap: The concealed cabinets in kitchen

1-2.jpg

Inspired

38AAC41D-93FE-4742-9936-7FAD418E1E06-9353-00000DC3B8B51BC2.jpg

6668DB3F-716C-41AD-A61E-4C5A27AD7AB0-9353-00000DC5F419B913.jpg

Digress a bit.. i used the Philip airfryer for the first time. Made chipotle fries and its really easy to use. The fries turned out crispy outside and soft inside. YUMMY!

Airfryerfries.jpg

Even my dog cant resist!

Nanohavingfries.jpg

Good morning all!

Its the week before chinese new year and boy last weekend was a mad rush for us.

Hubby is starting to wrap up his last project and that gave him a bit of time to work on our house. It was taking so long to add the finishing touches and i'm just glad the kitchen is almost done. All i need now is some rack for my utensils, my customised painting and black board to be up!

My cooking area :)

690AD294-2F5D-4E95-9BA9-40A36D3AE5AA-5050-00000684E2CC064B_zps5907d58c.jpg

Perspective form the end of my kitchen:

D2F7BB06-B803-40E6-B64F-77CEE3A96E23-5050-00000684BD49A3C5_zps2deea7f3.jpg

When entering the kitchen (photo in black n white):

FD6FA007-B9C4-41D9-8CE2-3A5AF7E32612-5050-00000684D7319BAF_zpsc42840b7.jpg

The other side of the kitchen:

CB722F25-4418-4551-BBE3-D3973D436149-5050-00000684C9A2D44D_zpsf142b17a.jpg

And my favourite part - the most useful rail ever!

D22D0011-1F88-4051-9D2B-DE794C2EEBA3-5050-00000684D06C710C_zps7089a766.jpg