Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hello hello ..

After what seems like forever, I am back with some updates! The lift upgrading is almost completed and this week HDB assigned contractors to open up second main door in the balcony area for lift access! The original main door (as some of u may experience before) that leads to the stairs will remain as it is.

This new door means a rather significant change to our house. The hubby will leave the baby-related ideas to me (yes! We are having a little one.) and he will busy himself with whatever little time he has for the balcony/living room area.

So for now, when the door is ready, we can move all our bicycles from the spare room out to make space for the baby. The area where the original door is will be converted as well undecided of it shld be an extension of the living room or a play area or a lounging space (subjected to hubby/ID approval!!).

Pictures of the construction of the new door.

8B9FBDD0-51EA-462A-AF79-E07F5A7D7B40-330

The blank grey wall is where the new door is.

BF465A31-6037-4515-8760-BD4D703B6886-330

5E15D126-34FD-4251-B10F-1124712074C4-330

1BD24E6C-B925-4DBE-A35C-90E31B96EA7C-330

The hacking done in half a day. I guess it will be some plastering works n installation of door within next few days. Works r expected to complete this Saturday.

Edited by MsChocobanana

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hello hello ..

This new door means a rather significant change to our house. The hubby will leave the baby-related ideas to me (yes! We are having a little one.) and he will busy himself with whatever little time he has for the balcony/living room area.

So for now, when the door is ready, we can move all our bicycles from the spare room out to make space for the baby. The area where the original door is will be converted as well undecided of it shld be an extension of the living room or a play area or a lounging space (subjected to hubby/ID approval!!).

CONGRATULATIONS on the coming baby!

Hi Ms Chocobanana,

Lovely home!

Can I get a pm for your ID's contact? Also just wondering how much was the overall cost spent for the renovation.

Thanks!

Her ID is her Hubby Mr. Foo from Custombox. Can be found on FB.

Thanks OceanEleven!

Ms. Chocobanana, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!:jammin:

Thanks OceanEleven for the birthday wishes and for replying to Chrisjaren on my behalf :):):)

My husband took a rare day off for me today and tmr I will return him to all the project sites, hope he is working hard on your home. When its done, i come by and pay u and ur mrs a visit k!

Thanks OceanEleven for the birthday wishes and for replying to Chrisjaren on my behalf :):):)

My husband took a rare day off for me today and tmr I will return him to all the project sites, hope he is working hard on your home. When its done, i come by and pay u and ur mrs a visit k!

Happy belated birthdaY ~

More photos.. (disclaimer: please ignore the mess!) This the almost complete hall and the 2 sofas.. We are lacking of a floor lamp and other stuff but We haven't found the ideal one.. so Hubby is going to make the lamp himself.. sigh.. that means I wont have a floor lamp until months later.

844a42ef-000d-48e8-867d-83213520f1ab_zps

A closer look at the customised sofa.. its long enough for me to lie flat comfortably with my dog sitting on me if she wish to join me up there...

4b855a4b-8c92-4a46-bb23-9b076efad410_zps

This is from the other view.. the steel pipes are gg to make a good cardigan hanger but I have a feeling someone wont be too please with that.. hahahah ..

28655169-eb37-4998-866c-12648975d82a_zps

hihi what is the length of your brick wall...i will like to do a red brick wall too but afraid it will be too much

Hello everyone!

its been few months since i last posted updates. yes updates = house not completed! if there is ever a longest renovation award, i think we world stand a good chance!

Last post was on our new door as part of HDB's lift upgrading. we were told that it would be completed by june or july and that would be just nice since baby will arrive late aug/early sept.. but it was only ready in early-mid oct! after the lift was up and moving, the workers did repainting, scraped off the cement, paint ect accumulated during the upgrading process. Now, i can finally say that it is completed!

From the photo below, you can see our original door (in black) and new door (in brown) (and also new baby.. haha). This configuration is better since it open the space between my kitchen to the piping. Previously, we have a 3 tier cabinet and a custom made grill/partition thingy above the 3 tier table, these have been removed resulting in a large space mentioned.

Due to the space and new baby, hubby will think of how to utilise it. So now there are 4 spaces to redo/rethink (1) balcony where the shorter (almost new sofa) is (2) the space where original door is (3) dinning area (work in progress) and (4) baby's room.

meanwhile, i requested to have our custom sofa sold to be replaced by another that is more child-friendly (the other 2 seater as well) and hubby agreed. This sofa was bought and delivered at mid 2013, so its actually about 1.5yrs old, in very good condition since both of us are working mostly from mon to sat and sometimes sunday, we hardly sit on it. the only time people actually sat on it was during housewarming. If anyone is interested or anyone who knows anyone who may be interested in either sofa or have any idea where I can sell them, please PM me.

Living room with new door:

IMG_9988_zps902e3356.jpg

3 tier cabinet and partition at the original door

C5B5C39B-F058-48DF-8C3A-F56FB0523504-143

New door. Sofas looking for owners.

IMG_9990_zpsedcbfdd4.jpg

Looking for new owner to love her.

IMG_9980_zpsaa79947a.jpg