Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MrsLoo

Our 2Nd Home - Downgrader To Hdb 3A Resale

This is a good forum and really can learn alot from all the members here, thus decided to start a blog for my coming new flat which I never did 8 years ago. Please bear with me for this slow blog because it is only the initial stage as we have yet to go thru the documentation process but abit excited now to plan for the renovation. We are downgrading from 4A to 3A flat, thus I'm having a great headache on how to move in all my stuffs.

Actually, I'm in dilemma if we should do a major overhaul but seriously the condition of the flat is very good and nicely renovated but its just not our likings, by hacking everything down, which means our pockets will have a big hole.

Here's my floor plan. Too bad, I can't hack the storeroom to have open concept kitchen. Anyway, I will just need to get contractor to do my house or maybe I should do everything myself since I already know what I want.

FloorPlan.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

This is a good forum and really can learn alot from all the members here, thus decided to start a blog for my coming new flat which I never did 8 years ago. Please bear with me for this slow blog because it is only the initial stage as we have yet to go thru the documentation process but abit excited now to plan for the renovation. We are downgrading from 4A to 3A flat, thus I'm having a great headache on how to move in all my stuffs.

Actually, I'm in dilemma if we should do a major overhaul but seriously the condition of the flat is very good and nicely renovated but its just not our likings, by hacking everything down, which means our pockets will have a big hole.

Here's my floor plan. Too bad, I can't hack the storeroom to have open concept kitchen. Anyway, I will just need to get contractor to do my house or maybe I should do everything myself since I already know what I want.

FloorPlan.jpg

Welcome another 3roomer

U have a big kitchen :sport-smiley-004:

Hope to c your reno pics soon

Welcome another 3roomer

U have a big kitchen :sport-smiley-004:

Hope to c your reno pics soon

Thanks ya. But, I'm still struggling if the dining should be in the kitchen or living. Anyway,just my husband, my 6yr old boy and me.

Welcome to the family. I'm downgrading to a 3 room too.

Er, did I see wrongly? Ur floorplan looks as if all ur walls are reinforced. Not a single wall can be hacked :(

Welcome to the family. I'm downgrading to a 3 room too.

Er, did I see wrongly? Ur floorplan looks as if all ur walls are reinforced. Not a single wall can be hacked :(

You are right. It's pre-fabricate flat, the good thing is the wall very solid, difficult to fall and the bad thing is I can't hack any walls. No choice, since I wanted a 3A flat and that's the only layout I like. But the plus point is, old flat is still bigger than new flat.

Counting down to my selling 1st appointment, after that I will be busy packing and moving back to my mum's place. Now having been actively reading RT forum, and learnt so many things. Still can't decide to choose ID or contractor but seems like both quoting about the same. So far, no ID want to give upfront quote, thus can't project how much it will cost to overhaul the whole place. Hubby has been nagging to cut cost, this don't do that don't do, might well don't reno right.

This year must be a busy year for me. Already have tight schedule to move my own place, now I also need to look for office and bz with budgeting, going to move to new office by end Sept. Everything come together, must manage my time well, else I will be deep trouble.

More or less have short lighted the ID, now only waiting for my buying completion. Coming Friday is my selling 1st appointment, after that I will need to start my packing n move back to my parent's place.

I'll be getting my 3A flat soon in Tampines and it's exactly the same floor plan with mine.

I bet we must be staying around the same area.

I'm sad that I couldn't hack a single wall too, especially the storeroom which leave me 3 options.

1. Dinning facing the storeroom wall.

2. Dinning facing the kitchen.

3. Dinning facing the toilet.

I'll be getting my 3A flat soon in Tampines and it's exactly the same floor plan with mine.

I bet we must be staying around the same area.

I'm sad that I couldn't hack a single wall too, especially the storeroom which leave me 3 options.

1. Dinning facing the storeroom wall.

2. Dinning facing the kitchen.

3. Dinning facing the toilet.

Dinning facing toilet?? How to??

I also struggling about the dining especially I encourage my son has his meal on proper dining place, thus now we have a big dining table in the living room but after we move, we will have a big problem.

I'm going to do a island as dining table either in the kitchen or in the living room but its all depend on the dimension whether is it visible.

Went to HDB hub for 1st appointment today, the handover date is 8 weeks from home 28th Sept, soon I will be squeezing with my parents. Since we ended quite early, me n husband decided to go IMM to see see look look, end up bought GROHE shower system for both common bathroom and MBR bathroom. Went around to see one pcs WC and find that their price is not cheap, more than $300 at least, I'm still hoping to get around $280 with basin, guess I need to increase my budget now.

As for the Rinnai hood n hobs, I don't find them suitable for me, thus might reconsider other brand. Need to do homework again.

Went to Expo today. I think the renovation and furnishing become a norm for Expo, almost every week the same companies. As usual, many Sales 'ID' giving out brochures. Today, we managed to find out more about Closet Design, at least I think their price still quite reasonable for pole system wardrobe, they quoting me $1500 for 5ft, additional at $250/ft, comes with 4 drawers.

And, we came across Kronotex, we are wondering if they are related to Krono Original, so after asking then we know they are both different companies. Well, we got quotes from Krono Original for AC4 grade of laminated floorboard ($3.50 - $7.00/psf) but after today after visiting Kronotex, we might consider to fit our bedrooms with their floorboard because the quality seems much better but of course theirs are abit more ex ($5.00 - $9.00/psf) than Krono Original.

Went to Expo today. I think the renovation and furnishing become a norm for Expo, almost every week the same companies. As usual, many Sales 'ID' giving out brochures. Today, we managed to find out more about Closet Design, at least I think their price still quite reasonable for pole system wardrobe, they quoting me $1500 for 5ft, additional at $250/ft, comes with 4 drawers.

And, we came across Kronotex, we are wondering if they are related to Krono Original, so after asking then we know they are both different companies. Well, we got quotes from Krono Original for AC4 grade of laminated floorboard ($3.50 - $7.00/psf) but after today after visiting Kronotex, we might consider to fit our bedrooms with their floorboard because the quality seems much better but of course theirs are abit more ex ($5.00 - $9.00/psf) than Krono Original.

Hello MrsLoo,

Just came aross and learnt that you are looking for WIW stuffs,

I've done some homework for my reno previously.

Click on my sig on "WIW/Pole system #253" below, got mine from my contractor and Esther from Closetdesign. ;)

Also, I have contact for Prego Laminates

I was offered a very good price previously. PM me if you need any help.