Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
calmwaters

Blum Upgrade Cost

Hi Guys, I am thinking of renovating my kitchen and I would like to enquire what is the reasonable/ usual price that a Contractor would charge you for upgrading your Drawers to Blum Drawers? Assuming that the Contractor prefers that you buy it through him. Is there any contractors that would charge you the Blum retail price for it?

And if you insist on buying the Blum drawers for him. Is it normal to have a additional installation fees to be charged? If so how much should the installation fees be per drawer?

Thanks in Advance!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Guys, I am thinking of renovating my kitchen and I would like to enquire what is the reasonable/ usual price that a Contractor would charge you for upgrading your Drawers to Blum Drawers? Assuming that the Contractor prefers that you buy it through him. Is there any contractors that would charge you the Blum retail price for it?

And if you insist on buying the Blum drawers for him. Is it normal to have a additional installation fees to be charged? If so how much should the installation fees be per drawer?

Thanks in Advance!

Hi calmwaters,

I've got the Blum pricelists. Let me know if you want them. Blum drawer sets are expensive like at least $100 per drawer. I would recommend you to buy the Tandem drawer runners instead. Much cheaper and pretty much the same (without the Blum word at the side of the drawers hahaz)

Prices will be the same, depending on pfr basis and if you want blum drawers will be add on the price lo.

Should be the retail price la. And Blum tandem runners and Soft closing should be included in the pfr price... at least for my contractor.

Shouldn't have additional installation fees also la.

Cheers :yamseng: ,

Mike

I have the price list as well. But the normal drawers don't seem that expensive. It is only about $60 to $90 per drawer. Thus I was thinking if its a normal practise for us to buy it for our contractor without him charging a installation fee?

I have the price list as well. But the normal drawers don't seem that expensive. It is only about $60 to $90 per drawer. Thus I was thinking if its a normal practise for us to buy it for our contractor without him charging a installation fee?

I did my reno and the Blum system I pay for it and my ID carpenter just installed w/o any charging as its all in be it Blum or normal system :sport-smiley-004:

Mine are tandem box

Edited by casa

Hi,

cn pm the price list? tks!!

Mine is hardcopy so cannot pm. Anyone got carpenter that charges $100 per ft kitchen carpentry without additional installation fees for blum? Please recommend!

If you want Blum hardware for your kitchen cabinet, you must let your carpenter know in advance so they can prepare the cabinet for Blum installation; installation fee apply. You dont keep quiet, go buy the Blum drawers and surprise your carpenter; if the carcass (base cabinet) has been assemble, you will burn an extra hole in your wallet.

Yes, of cos I will inform him that I want Blum system before hand. Thats why am looking for a carpenter who doesnt charge a installation fee. But of cos I dun expect the Carpenter hide the installation fee into the carpentry work and charge me $150 per feet as I understand the normal price of carpentry work is about $100 per feet.

Yes, of cos I will inform him that I want Blum system before hand. Thats why am looking for a carpenter who doesnt charge a installation fee. But of cos I dun expect the Carpenter hide the installation fee into the carpentry work and charge me $150 per feet as I understand the normal price of carpentry work is about $100 per feet.

$100 pfr? you sure? Let me know!

And cclim11, if you want i can send you via mail the pricelist. or like tachipanda say, juz download at connect.blum.com lo

Mike

There is extra work involve if you want Blum hardware, that require extra fee, and that extra fee is labelled as installation fee. I would suggest you let your carpenter buy the Blum hardware, cos they can get trade discount, if you buy, you wont get the trade discount. Some carpenter dont charge you for installation fee if you let them buy the hardware cos they earn from the trade discount and charge you the price from catalog.

$100 pfr? you sure? Let me know!

And cclim11, if you want i can send you via mail the pricelist. or like tachipanda say, juz download at connect.blum.com lo

Mike

Mike,

$100 pfr kitchen cabinet cant get good workmanship and material, that i can bet on it; not surprise they use hollow plywood in the construction of the carcass or panel. External uses the cheapest poor quality laminate and internal thin white pvc. Or else where got profit?

Mike,

$100 pfr kitchen cabinet cant get good workmanship and material, that i can bet on it; not surprise they use hollow plywood in the construction of the carcass or panel. External uses the cheapest poor quality laminate and internal thin white pvc. Or else where got profit?

i agreed with you, taichipanda. but the problem is, a lot of people just want the cheapest without caring for the workmanship. Even if they do care, the contractor can bring them to owners that paid more than $100pfr, then they would think that what they paying is the same as those paying more cos its the same contractor. :bangwall::bangwall:

How would you know whether the carpenter is giving you good quality or poor quality plywood?

The carpenter may be giving you poor quality plywood even if you are paying $180 per feet right?

And some carpenters may give you Good quality plywood for just $110 per feet right?

Are we just able to conclude that we are getting good or bad quality stuffs just by the amount we pay the carpenter? That doesn't sound reassuring.

Of cos I don't mind paying more if the carpenter is able to Proof that the quality of plywood he is using is of better grade.

And if using blum requires more work, why do I hear a number of people that their carpenters do not charge them a installation fee for blum???

Mike,

hehehe thanx tachipanda

i know lol... juz asking only. mine's at $150pfr with Blum soft closing, internal coloured pvc, solid plywood and laminate from EDL, Jennings, Formica, LamChuan, etc... :sport-smiley-004:

@maydream: totally agreed! :thumbs up:

cheers :yamseng: ,

Mike

Edited by mikeyong500