Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
calmwaters

Blum Upgrade Cost

By the way, you mean you guys did not get quotes of $100/ft???? Is that considered cheap? I gotten quite a few quotes for that.

For those who are interested in doing up their Kitchen Cabinets. The ID firm Unimax Creative at Balestier is having a promo of $69 per ft for engaging them to do kitchen Cabinets. You can just engage them for their kitchen only and nothing else also can. I am not engaging them cos I am thinking of letting my Contractor do up my whole house instead of engaging another company for this.

Thus honestly I think $100 per feet should be reasonable right?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

How would you know whether the carpenter is giving you good quality or poor quality plywood?

The carpenter may be giving you poor quality plywood even if you are paying $180 per feet right?

And some carpenters may give you Good quality plywood for just $110 per feet right?

Are we just able to conclude that we are getting good or bad quality stuffs just by the amount we pay the carpenter? That doesn't sound reassuring.

Of cos I don't mind paying more if the carpenter is able to Proof that the quality of plywood he is using is of better grade.

And if using blum requires more work, why do I hear a number of people that their carpenters do not charge them a installation fee for blum???

wah many questions~ let me try to ans okays~ tachipanda, maydream correct me if i'm wrong or if you feel otherwise :)

Yes, now that depends on the credibility and how trustworthy your carpenter is.

Quality of plywood hmmm... plywood is plywood la. There are many different types i would say. It depends on how it is manufactured ba.

Plywood is actually made of many thin veneer layers.

Some might be 3 layers while others might be 5 layers or even more.

It is glued together, with the grains in opposite directions, in odd number of layers to ensure strength.

Some contractor may reduce material by using hollow plywood, especially those that are thick with many layers.

The $180 or $110 pfr might be due to factors like the accessories the houseowner wants for the work :) more and better quality or branded accessories = more ex lo :D

For the blum accessories wise... installation of blum hinges and blum tandem runners is definitely free la (at least for mine) If you want other more sophisticated system like the servo, there might be some cost involved lo and the system itself is not cheap man...

hahaz

Cheers :yamseng: ,

Mike

Edited by mikeyong500

$100 pfr? you sure? Let me know!

And cclim11, if you want i can send you via mail the pricelist. or like tachipanda say, juz download at connect.blum.com lo

Mike

Hi Mike,

I will download that. Thks!

Yah that was what I was thinking. Plywood should be Plywood right? And I am not paying $69 per feet. Furthermore the $69 per feet cabinet also uses playwood. Thus I assume that the $100 per feet should be decent?

Another thing, I am only intending to use Tandem Box plus. I understand that Servo definitely require very high installation fees cos it uses electrical mechanisms. So would like to see if most of the pple here paid additional installation fees for using Tandem Box plus or not.

By the way, you mean you guys did not get quotes of $100/ft???? Is that considered cheap? I gotten quite a few quotes for that.

For those who are interested in doing up their Kitchen Cabinets. The ID firm Unimax Creative at Balestier is having a promo of $69 per ft for engaging them to do kitchen Cabinets. You can just engage them for their kitchen only and nothing else also can. I am not engaging them cos I am thinking of letting my Contractor do up my whole house instead of engaging another company for this.

Thus honestly I think $100 per feet should be reasonable right?

Wow really? give me their contacts lol I'll go chit chat with them if really true i'll go screw my contractor hohoho :sport-smiley-004:

Hmmm promotion huh... eh mind if i ask to see the terms and conditions? And also how much they charge for their countertop and the brand they use? hehez :D

Mike

Yah that was what I was thinking. Plywood should be Plywood right? And I am not paying $69 per feet. Furthermore the $69 per feet cabinet also uses playwood. Thus I assume that the $100 per feet should be decent?

Another thing, I am only intending to use Tandem Box plus. I understand that Servo definitely require very high installation fees cos it uses electrical mechanisms. So would like to see if most of the pple here paid additional installation fees for using Tandem Box plus or not.

Hmmm dunno about others but no additional installation for mine. Basically is just adding the Tandem Box plus price from Blum on top of the carpentry work:)

Mike

Hahaha.... Mike, U can just Google Unimax creative and get their number. From what they told me, the terms is that you need to get the solid surface or Granite from them, which is a little more expensive than outside. But even factoring that in, it is quite worthwhile. Their solid surface is $90 while their granite is $120. So I think u can do the math. Another term is that with the above price, you can only request for 1 column of drawers, if you want more then got to add money lor.

So I think if you are just going for the basic, kitchen cabinet, can really check them out. But I am thinking of doing more than the basic lah haha. Thats why looking into blum.

Hahaha.... Mike, U can just Google Unimax creative and get their number. From what they told me, the terms is that you need to get the solid surface or Granite from them, which is a little more expensive than outside. But even factoring that in, it is quite worthwhile. Their solid surface is $90 while their granite is $120. So I think u can do the math. Another term is that with the above price, you can only request for 1 column of drawers, if you want more then got to add money lor.

So I think if you are just going for the basic, kitchen cabinet, can really check them out. But I am thinking of doing more than the basic lah haha. Thats why looking into blum.

Wooo~ nice! thanks for the info i'll go check it out~ when i'm free, freaking busy nowadays~

:yamseng: ,

Mike

I stand by the quality of Blum. My previous place kitchen is in full blum system although it cost at least 20-30% more than the normal kitchen cabinet. I never once regret paying for it.

Always remember this:

"Good Thing Don't Come Cheap;

Expensive Thing Doesn't Mean Is Good"

You can ask your carpenter come see my kitchen cabinet and you tell them to make the same for $100 pfr, see can be done or not.

Edited by taichipanda

Woo Hoo!!! My contractor is willing to do it cost to cost for me. Hehe.

Taichipanda, do you have photos of your kitchen cabinet? Can whatsapp me if convenient for u also haha.

Woo Hoo!!! My contractor is willing to do it cost to cost for me. Hehe.

Taichipanda, do you have photos of your kitchen cabinet? Can whatsapp me if convenient for u also haha.

Kitchen cabinet (Left)

51540473.jpg

Kitchen cabinet (Right)

27577894.jpg

Top Cabinet

20390732.jpg

Bottom Cabinet (All drawers)

24976311.jpg

Wow!!! Taichi Panda your kitchen **** chio!!! How much per feet excluding blum accesories? What laminate did you use?

$300 pfr including all hardware. Dont know what laminate, never bother to ask; i just told them i want high gloss laminate for external, textured laminate for internal and i want abs trimming at all external where eyes can see. For hardware wise, i want Blum inner drawers, Blum orga-line accessories and cutlery trays, Blum aventos hk lift up system, Hettich sensys hinges and Hettich innotech double walled drawers.

Edited by taichipanda