Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HappyBaby

I Hate My Dirty Smelly Karang Guni House!

It's unbelievable! I can't imagine how people can sit on such a dirty toilet bowl.... Yaks

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

It's unbelievable! I can't imagine how people can sit on such a dirty toilet bowl.... Yaks

Previous india FT tenant still got cleaning schedule among themself for my house. But the toilet is still so dirty :bleah: , maybe is their culture too clean cannot take it :D. I pity the contractor that need to hack away all those dirty tiles :~ .

Edited by sohnice

Congrats in getting your own place.

From photo it doesnt look dirty, in fact your condition is so much better than ours when we first got ours; indian owner rented out to foreign workers, whole place infested with ants, roaches and bed bugs, smell like rubbish disposable center. The toilet is the squatting type and it was so black as if 10 years never wash.

This is how it look like now... after a major overhaul.

Living room

73873425.jpg

Kitchen

94029188.jpg

Talking abt the crockroaches, ants etc insects. Do we need to arrange for any kind of cleaning when or during renovations to destroy these insect.

Then an agent brought us to see one on high floor at Bedok north, reasonable COV but dirty & smelly like anything...owned by a karang guni man staying alone. I really hated it when I went, so dark & dingy. Hubby said he could see the potential. I could not see anything vaguely potential about it, except how horrible it was. I couldn't even bring myself to touch the filthy walls. I wanted to run out immediately! Anyway, to cut a long story short, we bought the place & our search for a renovation contractor began.

So horrible, right? It just couldn't see it as a home. But got to respect the head of the house. Hubby said we needed to get a good contractor to overhaul the entire place within a reasonable budget. With my baby brains & low energy level, seemed like a super daunting task! But no choice. First house & zero renovation experience, I was really stressed out!

Btw is your flooring terazzo??If yes give it a polish restore its shine and u'll love it :dancingqueen:

I agree with your hubby! The before condition really doesn't matter if you plan to whack away everything. In fact all the better for lower COV. You can see many RT-ers before/after pics for some motivation. :)

And do keep the terrazzo if possible. Not easy to do terrazzo floors now plus it's not cheap. You can have a look at this: http://www.homeanddecor.com.sg/homes/hobby-house

hobby-house-1.jpg

I agree with your hubby! The before condition really doesn't matter if you plan to whack away everything. In fact all the better for lower COV. You can see many RT-ers before/after pics for some motivation. :)

And do keep the terrazzo if possible. Not easy to do terrazzo floors now plus it's not cheap. You can have a look at this: http://www.homeanddecor.com.sg/homes/hobby-house

hobby-house-1.jpg

This is indeed something that should be kept!! Lovely!

But then again TS might not be doing retro and industrial style to match this. Wish her all the best!

A short history of us....

We are Singapore PRs & have been renting a flat at Punggol for the last few years. With a 1 year old boy & another on the way, hubby & I decided to bite the bullet & buy our own place. Set our hearts on Bedok as it's near my brother's place & easy for us to meet up for our weekly family lunch. Saw numerous flats, all asking for sky high COV ($80-$100K) ridiculous! Then an agent brought us to see one on high floor at Bedok north, reasonable COV but dirty & smelly like anything...owned by a karang guni man staying alone. I really hated it when I went, so dark & dingy. Hubby said he could see the potential. I could not see anything vaguely potential about it, except how horrible it was. I couldn't even bring myself to touch the filthy walls. I wanted to run out immediately! Anyway, to cut a long story short, we bought the place & our search for a renovation contractor began.

Here are some pics of the dirty house:

2012-03-04141453.jpg

2012-03-04141820.jpg

2012-03-04141926.jpg

2012-03-04141623.jpg

So horrible, right? It just couldn't see it as a home. But got to respect the head of the house. Hubby said we needed to get a good contractor to overhaul the entire place within a reasonable budget. With my baby brains & low energy level, seemed like a super daunting task! But no choice. First house & zero renovation experience, I was really stressed out!

For buying gold,you need to pay its market price else we need to be contented with whatever is affordable to us..

Good luck for your renovations!

Talking abt the crockroaches, ants etc insects. Do we need to arrange for any kind of cleaning when or during renovations to destroy these insect.

no need, if you're going to hack everything and rebuild as new, the reno process will make it unlivable for major insects except termite which has to be exterminate by pest control expert. Minor bed bugs (just a few) is ok, unless it is a major infestation under the laminate then need to call in the expert.

:yamseng:

Happybaby I like your sofa, especially since it's turquoise. Where did you get it from?

If you are referring to the turquoise sofa, that is mine, got the cover from ikea for $100.