Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Sandal

Our Destined Home

Me copy cat so i also create a post here :sport-smiley-004:

Me and my gal got married in January 2012 and we have since started looking for a house since then. Getting married was a very tired process and we also had to recuperate our pockets awhile before we started looking for our house in April. Both of us staying together in a rented room.

But it wasnt that smooth sailing looking for a flat for us.

1st Incident) - We viewed a house and we wanted to get the flat. COV was at 20k and we quite like the house so we decided to purchase the flat. Call the agent we decided to go ahead and he told us to meet at the void deck of the house to fill up the OTP form before proceeding to pass the seller the 1k. Just 10 mins into filling the form the seller's agent called our agent and said that the deal was off and the seller doesnt want to sell anymore. We thought maybe our offer was too low and we even up our COV a little but seller firm in not selling. #@$#!@$#@$#@! So we made our way back home grumbling haahaa. :curse:

2nd incident) - This time we webt to view a jumbo flat and the COV was 35k. Told the agent i need to go for a smoke and to discuss with my wife the COV whether are we comfortable and is the house okay for her. Discussing through and both of us say ok and we will get the flat. Called them up and told them to proceed with the OTP, but alas they told us that they now decided to raise to 37k COV. I was like :curse: but nvm since wifey like that house i don mind pay 2k more. So i inform them okay at 37k COV. Who knows we received a call in another 5mins while we were going to the house.

They wanted 41k. Seriously pissed and i told them to go fly kite. :angry2:

3rd Incident(Finally got our house) - Agent called me at around 11.30PM and yes PM to view a flat cause he just got news that this flat just on the market. So ok lor wake my wife up and we proceed to view the flat. We were now pretty sceptic in viewing flats after 2 incidents.

Went in the house straight away. WAHHHHHH dono why le but feel like that this house and us click. We also cant explain why. There is 1 odd corner in 1 of the common rooms. But instead of rejecting we found it ok le and special. Nothing basically needed to be done cause the house was in gd condition because the seller's kids are with their parents and they only stay in the house during weekends.

The COV decided was 30k and we decided to purchase the flat and we gave the 1k for OTP immediately.

That was sometimes ago liao. We had our 1st appointment on the 12 of June 2012 and our compeletion is scheduled to be 24th of July. We were very gan cheong and very excited.

Reason we got this flat was because when we went in we feel comfortable and like it and besides doesnt need to do much and basically new couples that are not cash rich. :dunno:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Sandal,

Welcome to T-blog!

Hope you find a good ID/contractor to do your Reno!

Happy Renovation!

Cheers :yamseng: ,

Jaskel

MyHouse.jpg

This is my floorplan haahaa :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Its a Resale DBSS

Hi sandal,

Welcome to Renotalk T-blog,

ah... another unique layout... with many corners! = design~

Have a smooth sailing Renovation~

Cheers :yamseng: ,

Mike

MyHouse.jpg

This is my floorplan haahaa :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Its a Resale DBSS

resale DBSS that can be sold off already? must be at tampines?

congrats after going through so many bad sellers. :yamseng:

We do not plan to do renovation cause the whole place is still in pristine condition :sport-smiley-004: and also no $$$ haahaa....

So we decide to paint ourselves and buy lots of stuff that we like.

photo2.jpg

This is what we had spent even before the house had came and this is only like half of it. :help:

Thank you. Thank you for all the well wishes. Now waiting for 2nd appointment which is 2 weeks from now. Why is it so long :jawdrop:

Hihi... i'm still only a viewer in the forum... but i cant help replying to this thread coz we just bought a resale flat and our layout is exactly the same as yours!!! haha... its at bedok reservoir view right??? mind sharing which block is yours??? hee...

Congrats! So happy for u after all the bad experiences and yes buying a house is like choosing THE ONE. U can feel it and it will be eventually a HOME :good:

I too am waiting for our 1st appointment and just reading this forum inspires me and gives alot of tips from very credible home owners.

And our place too needs no reno so just buy furniture.