Welcome to Reno T-blog!

Will i be seeing orange in your renovation? hahaz

Have a smooth sailing Renovation!

Cheers :yamseng: ,

Mike

Edited by mikeyong500

Hi^^

I nearly missed your T-blog!

By the way regarding your questions for my ceiling, I did not have the time to take and upload photos.

So I briefly update to u here.

For my living room I had one row of cove light in warm light. The cove is for the sofa area and it's quite bright but somehow shadow will be cast on the wall when u on the ceiling fan but I feel is not so serious

As for downlight I had 7 at aroun the sofa area, downlight I feel is not as bright as cove light buy downlight will not pose any problem for ceiling fan if u have enough clearance.

One of my downlight bulb just went off, no time to change it yet.

Btw, have u confirm ur ID/contractor?

Hello orangecrab!

Welcome to Reno T-blog!

Will i be seeing orange in your renovation? hahaz

Have a smooth sailing Renovation!

Mike

Thx Mike! Haha I haven't quite decided yet!

Hello orangecrab!

Welcome to T-blog!

Happy Renovation!

Jaskel

Thanks Jaskel! Sure need all the help I can get from fellow forumers :o)

Hi pinkwhale!

Hmm what brand of downlights are u using? Not LED? how come so fast went off...

So you still think cove light is best eh? I'm afraid of lizards chilling in the cove leh... :OS

hehe not yet but I already have the person in mind :o)

Hi^^

I nearly missed your T-blog!

By the way regarding your questions for my ceiling, I did not have the time to take and upload photos.

So I briefly update to u here.

For my living room I had one row of cove light in warm light. The cove is for the sofa area and it's quite bright but somehow shadow will be cast on the wall when u on the ceiling fan but I feel is not so serious

As for downlight I had 7 at aroun the sofa area, downlight I feel is not as bright as cove light buy downlight will not pose any problem for ceiling fan if u have enough clearance.

One of my downlight bulb just went off, no time to change it yet.

Btw, have u confirm ur ID/contractor?

Hi pinkwhale!

Hmm what brand of downlights are u using? Not LED? how come so fast went off...

So you still think cove light is best eh? I'm afraid of lizards chilling in the cove leh... :OS

hehe not yet but I already have the person in mind :o)

I'm using Philips downlight... Dunno why so fast goes off? Hopefully is not the transformer or whatever u call it. If not I got to trouble K to bring his electrician down :P

Ya I got the same worries as u thus I do not have many cove light. And maybe becos I did not have downlight above my head so I find it a little dim especially when I try to use the laptop at the sofa area.

Hope u start ur renovation soon, u must be in the final discussion stage. So in the end is K still in ur shortlist?

Hmm anyone knows if there is a quick and easy way to reply to many comments? My "multiquote" function doesnt seem to work...

Anyway, I'm sooo happy to say that last weekend must have been my very first fruitful weekend on the reno.

Previously, I had several dilemmas:

Flooring for Living area

I wanted grey wood tile flooring so much (i visited LSH, SBH and Hafary) but my husband was not too keen on it. He wants bigger tiles so that our small home will look bigger as we are not opening up our kitchen. He did say that if we were to get the longer wood tiles (15 x 90) he wouldn't mind. But choosing that long tile is too costly, I decided to shelve the idea. I also liked cement screed flooring but the husband said, later our relatives would think that we can't afford tiles :rolleyes:

So I decided to give in and opt for matt white tiles... we went to hafary, concluded on the tile. Then when I went there again, another salesperson told me that the tile we chose was out of stock! Pffftt! What a waste of time! Then I went to SBH and found a couple of tiles I really like! It's like concrete, yet it's not too dark so it fulfills the husband's requirement. So Living room flooring is settled! yeay! :yamseng:

Flooring for Bedrooms

Initially I wanted tiles through out the house, but I see my granny sitting on the cold tiles of my current house, I think it would be better to use laminates for the bedroom flooring. I didn't want to use vinyl as it is thinner than laminates and don't want to worry about popping tiles and possibility of mold growing underneath.

We checked out a few brands... but we finally fell in love with a few designs from Pergo Family and Laura Ashley. OMG! I just love the real wood feel of LA's laminates! I immediately picked out a rustic design for my mbr and the sales person kept saying how daring I was. His comment struck me. I showed my selection to my colleagues and they said the same, so at times, I second guess myself. So much for being "daring" :OP

picture18nt.png

Any thoughts?

I don't know about others, but somehow the flooring helps the start of your planning...

Ok, we always know we wanted an eclectic living area... but for our mbr, I was tossing between romantic shabby chic or magical Moroccan... with my rustic Laura Ashley laminate flooring...

Why Moroccan? We visited Morroco and Andalucia, Spain for our honeymoon and we loved the beauty and serenity of the places. We especially loved Tangier (northern Morocco where we stayed in a Riad) and Granada in Andalucia where we stayed on the hill of Al Hambra.

picture22h.png

Shabby chic is a theme I've always liked, not overly girly shabby chic, but simple shabby chic... but finding distressed wood furniture is a lot tougher than I thought, not to mention expensive!

picture19zx.png

Hmmm... decisions decisions...

Edited by orangecrab

Ack I havent planned my lighting... *stressed...

Hehehe hmm let's just say I hope to confirm soon by then I will update who my contractor is :P

I'm using Philips downlight... Dunno why so fast goes off? Hopefully is not the transformer or whatever u call it. If not I got to trouble K to bring his electrician down :P

Ya I got the same worries as u thus I do not have many cove light. And maybe becos I did not have downlight above my head so I find it a little dim especially when I try to use the laptop at the sofa area.

Hope u start ur renovation soon, u must be in the final discussion stage. So in the end is K still in ur shortlist?