Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ravalert

Reno Experience

After I have learnt so much about how things work from this forum, I guess I'll try to share some of my experiences.

I bought my unit in TPY and decided to get an ID instead of managing contractors. I visited about 5 IDs from Balestiar to Joo Chiat and narrowed down to D'Trenzo. When I went back to look for my ID, he told me that he has left the firm. Since he is still in the business, I decided to engage him anyway.

He is Nicholas (96907887 if you need it) and I guess I am his send or third customer since he left D'trenzo.

Oh well, i received my unit in these condition and discussion started with Nic.

living1.jpg

master3.jpg

mbrtoilet.jpg

Discussion was a long process as we (wife and me) did not have a specific design and Nic gave us suggestions and gave us some ideas. I printed out the floor plan and gave it a go to try and design something my own. Of course Nic gave us his ideas and I quite enjoyed the process of 2 way traffic.

To cut the story short, we spent many meetings at my current house and many whatsapp messages and many phone calls before we decided on what to do.

Renovation works just started (Electricals and false ceiling) and we've just finalised the laminates to use for the carpentry work in the living and bedrooms. Will post some pictures of my reno after i visit my place this weekend.

Maybe I should give credit to my ID since I am doing this reno-blog. The reason why I chose him is because i believe that the relationship is 2 way and not a salesperson servicing his customer like what many IDs do (not that it is no good). In order for us to enjoy the process, we prefer to build a relationship that keeps us engaged, informed and involve in the whole experience. With that, response becomes a key element to keep each other informed. meeting up become almost a weekly process and whatsapp messages continued. I tried to avoid too many phone calls as we tend to chat very long (including non reno topics) and stray from the original intent of the call. I think I have made the right choice to go with him as opposed to a branded ID or a regular contractor.

Lucky I am blessed with an easy going, responsible and reasonable ID. (and I actually got to know him through renotalk hence I should give him credit since I am posting this)

More updates coming.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thanks. new to this and can't write well. I hope my next set of pictures will save me of my writing blunders. :) Weekend photoshoot of current status. :)

Been busy working and travelling and haven't had the chance to pay my new place a visit. Nicholas sent me pictures of updates. walls painted and false ceiling done. elctrical cabling also done. Some picture updates.

This is the Master bed false ceiling

IMG_0600.jpg

Living room false ceiling

IMG_0599.jpg

Original Kitchen door removed, ready for glass sliding door

IMG_0598.jpg

Master bedroom walk in wardrobe. glass doors will be used.

IMG_0602.jpg

I must say Nicholas has been very efficient. He knows I will only be shifting in after Lunar 7th month but he wishes to get things done, very unlike some of my neighbour's IDs who needs to be puched, pestered, whatever you call it before something moves. Carpentry work is underway and installation will start soon. will share again once i get pictures, hopefully taken by mysel.f. lol.